Post-Game Talk: Jets Bagel the Hawks 4-0

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
how about the fact they're 7-3-1? not every game will be a Picasso, and they surely still have things to tighten up (ie: im still wary/not 100% sold on their defensive play. will we see if they can showcase some consistency). but most teams aren't perfect all the way through either. they've played real good in b2b games now probably for the first time this year (regardless of W or L) so hopefully they continue to build off that/ride momentum.

Points are points; they all spend the same in April. Credit for them winning the games they should be winning (and those that they shouldn't), but it will take more games for me to be comfortable, if not impressed, by this team. Montreal isn't great. Neither is Chicago. Dust off and prepare for the next game.

I will be very sad if Hellebuyck ever plays for another team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Points are points; they all spend the same in April. Credit for them winning the games they should be winning (and those that they shouldn't), but it will take more games for me to be comfortable, if not impressed, by this team. Montreal isn't great. Neither is Chicago. Dust off and prepare for the next game.

I will be very sad if Hellebuyck ever plays for another team.
that's fair. they've also played some stiffer competition relatively well at times this season. and yes Helle has been incredible this year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yet another mugging around the Phone Booth. Great job, Jets. They earned that one today and made the Hawks look like an ECHL team. Or the Coyotes, whichever is worse.

Can we still call it the Phone Booth?
What can we make out of Canada Life? Lifeboat?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
how about the fact they're 7-3-1? not every game will be a Picasso, and they surely still have things to tighten up (ie: im still wary/not 100% sold on their defensive play. will we see if they can showcase some consistency). but most teams aren't perfect all the way through either. they've played real good in b2b games now probably for the first time this year (regardless of W or L) so hopefully they continue to build off that/ride momentum.

agreed on appleton. maybe theyre trying to justify that contract or something? not sure. but i didn't mind the top line with Gagner on it. Agreed on Morrissey's game today.

I wonder what their record was after. . 15 games last year. Hmm :laugh:.

Im happy with the wins, but like their head coach has said, they need to play better, and do it more consistently. Hopefully with Bones healthy again they get a bit more consistent.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I wonder what their record was after. . 15 games last year. Hmm :laugh:.

Im happy with the wins, but like their head coach has said, they need to play better, and do it more consistently. Hopefully with Bones healthy again they get a bit more consistent.
they were 9-3-3? something like that

i am fully aware that they've gotten points they probably shouldn't have. over the course of 82 that'll happen, and you'll also not get points in games you should have.... i also mentioned in that post that they have areas where IMO they probably still need to tighten up, or show some consistency in.

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
The game started at 5am local time so I didn't get a chance to watch. Sounds like the boys put on a great show.

I want to be positive, but I'm acutely aware of the bi-polar nature of this team, which usually ends up in heartache at the end of the season. I think it's still too early in the season to form a definitive opinion. If we can keep the momentum going until February/March, then I think we are the legit deal.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
How about a manatee game?
download (66).jpeg

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
they were 9-3-3? something like that

i am fully aware that they've gotten points they probably shouldn't have. over the course of 82 that'll happen, and you'll also not get points in games you should have.... i also mentioned in that post that they have areas where IMO they probably still need to tighten up, or show some consistency in.

Yup, getting the points early is great. I think when we all saw the schedule we did not expect this record when looking at the teams they were playing to start the yeat.

They're a top 5-7ish? team in NHL standings, but are playing closer to a 15-17 bubble NHL team outside HelleGod.

Looking better since Bones ripped em though :laugh:

Reactions: hn777

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Mo stood out for me today. He was all over the place using his skating and body positioning to kill plays before they could get started defensively. Was happy to see him rewarded with a goal on a beautiful shot.

It's a lot of fun to watch a team with structure and purpose.

Bones is really driving the bus and getting a buy-in from everyone. The 3rd/4th line deployment and play this year has been a ton of fun to watch.

Add in vintage Helle, and yeah, this team is going to be a tough out on a nightly basis.

What a breath of fresh air.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yup, getting the points early is great. I think when we all saw the schedule we did not expect this record when looking at the teams they were playing to start the yeat.

They're a top 5-7ish? team in NHL standings, but are playing closer to a 15-17 bubble NHL team outside HelleGod.

Looking better since Bones ripped em though :laugh:
pts% has them 6th, with DET, BUF and PHI right behind them.

no disagreement that helle has been amazing. i do hope they lessen his workload a bit though however we might need to ride him 65+ games if the Defense doesn't tighten up.

Reactions: hn777 and MardyBum

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Absolute domination by the Jets.
Such a fun game to watch and it looked like the players were having fun as well.
A real nice complete game and everyone contributed to that.
It’s really nice to see that the players seem to have hope again. Watching the slumped shoulders of the Hawks players, it reminded me of the last couple years of the Jets.
Great game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad