Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Devils 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Stayed awake for the entire game! The old Crunch 'n Munch had no effect on me...yet... Great showing by the Jets, they seem to be playing with some passion this season, which is good to see! I give the

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Sabres, and guess what...

Two more posters have hit the trifecta, getting the team, the score, and the opening goal scorer correct for a whopping eight points! How about that! Don't forget to sign up to make a GDT, there are plenty of games available and I can't make them all...:sarcasm:

giphy.gif

See you guys on Friday...
I was finally going to predict the score of a game correctly ..... until Ehlers potted the empty netter.

But it was worth it!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I was at the game tonight and it was a fantastic one to be at. So many good aspects to this team. We look poised and organized, and pretty much everyone was hard on pucks out there.

No goals, but namestnikov was everywhere tonight, so was iafallo. (I’m sure I spelled both of those wrong). 55 is a beast right now, 81 is really feelin’ it. 91 is a treat to watch play.

I haven’t enjoyed the jets this much in years.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
Somebody mentioned that there are a lot of older posters coming back for this game? I haven't been on here in maybe two years!

Jets looked well organized and this was one of the best team efforts in a long time from them. Helle had average numbers but I think he was excellent when he needed to be.

LOVED seeing Nik standing up for Namestnikov after that pretty nasty looking hit in the corner.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Very good instincts from Ehlers to be in that spot on his first goal; not overlooking that it was also a great pass from Perfetti. Good for him.

I love the 3rd line and specifically Iaffalo's energy game in game out. I concur that it was probably Namestnikov's best game with the Jets.

Barron can be such a tease... I see glimpses of a much better player.

Great all around game to watch.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Iafallo clicking on the top line is massive, similar to DeMelo working with Morrissey. We have better players than Iafallo, but if he's allowing Scheifele and Connor to be their best selves then we can have Vilardi boosting another line when he gets back.
We have a lot of nice options at forward. This is a very deep group. We will see how it plays out.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I Said it after the Dallas loss where we pushed back in the 3rd and I’ll say it tonight after a win. This team is the most fun team to watch since back in 17-18. They play hard as a group and don’t quit coming at you. I know it’s old school but I love it when players stand up for each other at the right time. f*** the rental goon shit, its always been about team toughness.

Yes Jersey was missing their top 2 centers who are both great but its really about how we played the game yet again tonight.

Last edited:

The Hobgoblin

Sep 6, 2011
Ehlers dropping the gloves to stand up for a teammate literally got me off my couch to cheer. Love, love, love seeing a non fighter standing up like that and willing to take his lumps to stand up for a teammate.

Game was so fun to watch. I was patting my new #55 jersey right on the crest when Mark made that insane pass that led to the goal.

I really do think this team is an underdog SC contender. At the least a hard out in the playoffs. And we aren't even fully healthy with our best forwards yet.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Not sure if I'm reading into this too much, and no disrespect to Bones but since Arniel took over we:
- Have a much more balanced TOI distribution
- Have a willingness to play lines that are having good games more
- See some underutilized effective players like Perfetti and Ehlers being used more in clutch situations
- Have huge powerplay improvements

And, mostly continuing to get the better of teams 5 on 5.

Some of this is no doubt natural progression and luck and it's also super early. But I'm warming to the idea of having Arniel take over permanently.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Barron can be such a tease... I see glimpses of a much better player.
I agree. In those flashes, which are fairly common, I see a very strong second line player there. He may not be the guy to score 60 points a season, but he’s a super important complementary piece to a highly skilled line. He’s the type of player that will make it much easier for those skilled guys to do their thing. Much like Iafallo makes it easier for Scheifele and Connor to do their thing.
I hope he eventually gets his shot further up the line up since he does so many little things so well.

If we are seeing a resurgence of old posters coming back to HF, I think will also see the attendance at games start rising. The excitement is coming back.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I agree. In those flashes, which are fairly common, I see a very strong second line player there. He may not be the guy to score 60 points a season, but he’s a super important complementary piece to a highly skilled line. He’s the type of player that will make it much easier for those skilled guys to do their thing. Much like Iafallo makes it easier for Scheifele and Connor to do their thing.
I hope he eventually gets his shot further up the line up since he does so many little things so well.

If we are seeing a resurgence of old posters coming back to HF, I think will also see the attendance at games start rising. The excitement is coming back.
11700, last night, so not yet!

arena location is the biggest detriment to the Jets IMO, 2023 downtown Winnipeg a lot different from 2013 downtown Winnipeg, something a lot of people don’t want to hear!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure if I'm reading into this too much, and no disrespect to Bones but since Arniel took over we:
- Have a much more balanced TOI distribution
- Have a willingness to play lines that are having good games more
- See some underutilized effective players like Perfetti and Ehlers being used more in clutch situations
- Have huge powerplay improvements

And, mostly continuing to get the better of teams 5 on 5.

Some of this is no doubt natural progression and luck and it's also super early. But I'm warming to the idea of having Arniel take over permanently.

Agreed. He runs a better bench. I'd have to check minutes from last year but I believe he did then as well.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The PP is a lot better since Cole has gone on it. He's just so smart at reading the play and popping out into different spots to give it more looks. This is then leading to more space for our other players and they as a result are switching and rotating to give the pp more options.

PK still needs to up its aggression, it's too passive right now.
It's almost like not being static on the powerplay has benefits. Such a weird notion. And it's almost so simple as to keep that one player in motion, in this case Perfetti, so that the D can't just focus on the puck. More than one player moving their feet? Magical.

Bring back last year's PK. As I recall it was much better. We almost seem to be back to the Maurice saggy bag defense on the PK again. Blech.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Agreed. He runs a better bench. I'd have to check minutes from last year but I believe he did then as well.

I know a bit of this was inevitable from running short on forwards, but I also saw lots of interesting combos last night, like Ehlers and Perfetti both double shifting with line 4, and experimental lines after powerplays and stuff. Really like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad