Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Devils 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Excellent win. The Devils are a highly skilled team and they pushed us hard at times. We bent a bit but we didn't break. We generally have struggled at times against these ultra quick skilled teams but we were full marks for the win. This team is more skilled upfront then I think a lot give us credit for.

It was good to have vintage Helle in net tonight. He played an excellent game and made the big saves when he needed to. I'd still like to see him cleanup his rebounds a bit as he's still letting some bad ones out.

The d rotated quite a bit so I'll just focus on individual players.

JoMo probably had the quietest 4 apple game I've seen. He played well but was more facilitator then driving force tonight. It's one of the things I like about him, he can adapt his game to fit different situations.

DeMelo with probably the worst game I've seen him play. Sloppy passing, bad positioning and a dumb penalty. Everyone's allowed a few of them and that was one for him tonight.

Snerg: He's turning into a shot blocking machine but his puck management is starting to slip a bit. Still a pretty good effort from him.

Dillion: Played his ass off and his physical play, and being hard on players was pissing the Devils off all night.

Pionk: He was solid. Not much to say good or bad about him tonight and thats OK.

Stanley: played a pretty solid and safe game tonight. Moved the puck decently well and was sound on the PK. No complaints, he came in and did his job.

Schmidt: He is fading as a player. You can tell he doesn't have the same energy levels and hands he once had. He just needs to keep it together on their third pairing until Ville can come back and get back up to speed.

Top line: KC was money tonight on his chances (will we have a RR winner this year?). Scheifele and Iafallo were busting their asses tongith but imo they gave up a bit too much at 5 on 5. Not sure why that is with Mark and Iafallo really working hard in their end tonight. Could also just be attributed to us leading and the Devils pushing.

Second line: Fly's best game in a long time. You could tell he had his legs right from the first shift. He's at his best when he's pushing teams back and using that space to create plays. He was much more direct in his attacking tonight and that brought his linemates into the play with him. His fight got the team refocused and he deserved the ENG. Perfetti just continues to get better and better. He's now pacing north of 70 points. We now have two lines with two top line caliber players on each. Namestnikov with a good all around game. It's a shame he has very little finish as he'd be an everyday top 6 player if he did.

Third line: I thought they bent a bit at times tonight but didn't break. They also had some looks of their own. Lowry continues to really be assertive all over the ice. Nino creates a lot with the space they make for him. Appleton with a lot of confidence right now.

Barron with a nice goal. It must have been hard for him to get into this one after his linemate went down.

The PP is a lot better since Cole has gone on it. He's just so smart at reading the play and popping out into different spots to give it more looks. This is then leading to more space for our other players and they as a result are switching and rotating to give the pp more options.

PK still needs to up its aggression, it's too passive right now.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That was a nice effort. Great to see Fly have such a strong game.
He's a huge talent, with great speed, and a great shot. Opens up tons of ice with his zone entries as well. Surprised so many posters on here, are down on him, and suggesting he should be traded. That would be a huge mistake IMO.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Screenshot_20231114_221459_Chrome.jpg

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Stayed awake for the entire game! The old Crunch 'n Munch had no effect on me...yet... Great showing by the Jets, they seem to be playing with some passion this season, which is good to see! I give the game four eels out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Sabres, and guess what...

giphy.gif

Two more posters have hit the trifecta, getting the team, the score, and the opening goal scorer correct for a whopping eight points! How about that! Don't forget to sign up to make a GDT, there are plenty of games available and I can't make them all...:sarcasm:

giphy.gif

See you guys on Friday...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad