Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Bruins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t know how important winning is versus all the rest of it for them. For instance, if they have wives, players often start families early, then the wives happiness is just important as job satisfaction or they will be driven crazy.
It is the guys with young families that seem to like Winnipeg the best. Many have mentioned that Winnipeg is a great place to raise a family. Safe high end residential neighborhoods with good schools within short commutes to both practice facilities and the arena. The organization is also extremely accommodating in helping out any way they can, which is not necessarily the case elsewhere.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
The reason for that is Iafallo doesn't belong on the 2nd line, just not good enough. Plug in Connor on that line, and then you have a great 2nd line, and put Iafallo on the 4th line. Either that, or you move Nino up to the 2nd line, but that will weaken our 3rd line ? It's a concern tho.
I think lowry’s line might actually be the second line now, So iaffalo can stay where he is.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also want to thank the Jets for being so hot we are having a unbelievably warm winter , don't have to worry about having car problems when going for Christmas dinner and freezing to death . :naughty: Me at Christmas dinner offering the family a drink and other stuff .
Merry Christmas everyone .:laugh:🎅

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In terms of ice time and impact agreed about Lowry's line. But overall we have nice balance, so it doesn't really matter which way us fans want to number them.
Lowry , Neo and Appleton check the other team's best line but it's a really good feeling to have knowing that they are going to get that job done AND score as well .

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wonder if we shouldn't give Gus a shot at 2C just to see what we have... Blackhawks would be a good game for that - that line just needs a C to win faceoffs and crash the net

Reactions: hn777

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I also want to thank the Jets for being so hot we are having a unbelievably warm winter , don't have to worry about having car problems when going for Christmas dinner and freezing to death . :naughty: Me at Christmas dinner offering the family a drink and other stuff .
Merry Christmas everyone .:laugh:🎅

“Well there is no pleasing you Mshster POWers”

merry Christmas a buddy!

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They are not relying on any one person if that’s your point, but, Helly’s stats up to this point make him a superstar and one of the top at his position in the league.
Kyle Connor like Ehlers are great, but, not sure if they’d ever make a top 7 list.

That's my point.
Agree about Helle, but Croissant is not that far behind. Buffalo would probably be happy to get him right now, much less Helle.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but five of the top 10 league leaders in plus minus are Jets. That includes the previously defensive impaired Mark Scheifele. That includes both Morrissey and Demelo tied for second at plus 21.

For me, that illustrates the Jets season best so far.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Also digging the leadership on our team. Lowry, Josh, and Bright eyes 2.0 all leading by example. Then add in 5 guys that want to be hear proven by new contracts Mark, Helle, Nino, Names, and Gabe.

Seems like we loaded up the train over the last few seasons with some Diva’s and people who wanted to get the hell out, and a new train arrived at the same platform with a bunch of guys with their lunch pails in hand that seem just fine to be here.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Also digging the leadership on our team. Lowry, Josh, and Bright eyes 2.0 all leading by example. Then add in 5 guys that want to be hear proven by new contracts Mark, Helle, Nino, Names, and Gabe.

Seems like we loaded up the train over the last few seasons with some Diva’s and people who wanted to get the hell out, and a new train arrived at the same platform with a bunch of guys with their lunch pails in hand that seem just fine to be here.

Number of guys you see after goals right away pointing at other guys is pretty nice to see. Seems they're all really playing for each other.

Same deal with everyone being super happy for Schmidt yesterday.

Names is what he is and brings defense and solid nz play. It's Iafallo that is surprising me and not in a good way. He is killing plays left right and center.

Names isn't a high end finisher but he does everything else really well. He is definitely not a play killer the way Iafallo has been.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Very hopeful that KFC will singlehandedly fix that problem. Hoping him with Perfetti and Names is solid enough defensively too
Luckily in the meantime the other 3 lines are scoring. Being on that line, however, can’t be great for perfetti’s development. Also, wonder if his agent points to it as jets keeping perfetti’s point totals down as ppl have made the argument for ehlers and line in the past as this is a contract year. He could be playing 15 games without support.

Reactions: kanadalainen

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Luckily in the meantime the other 3 lines are scoring. Being on that line, however, can’t be great for perfetti’s development. Also, wonder if his agent points to it as jets keeping perfetti’s point totals down as ppl have made the argument for ehlers and line in the past as this is a contract year. He could be playing 15 games without support.

He's still scoring at first line scoring rates with excellent metrics. Having to learn to carry a line early in your carrier isn't a bad thing. He's also now as seen last night going to get to run his own PP unit. I'm not all that concerned, he's having a great year and growing a lot as a player.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That was another great game. Boston is a good team and they had no answers tonight and were clearly frustrated. Our depth is too much to handle.

Hard to not by excited by the Jets this year, let’s just hope they don’t crater in the new year again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille