Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Bruins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Luckily in the meantime the other 3 lines are scoring. Being on that line, however, can’t be great for perfetti’s development. Also, wonder if his agent points to it as jets keeping perfetti’s point totals down as ppl have made the argument for ehlers and line in the past as this is a contract year. He could be playing 15 games without support.
Long term what would really benefit the team, is Perfetti developing to the point where he can be the line driver and not need as much support. Ehlers was always able to drive a 2nd line, so when we weren't nearly as deep of a team that he took on that role which we needed.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Luckily in the meantime the other 3 lines are scoring. Being on that line, however, can’t be great for perfetti’s development. Also, wonder if his agent points to it as jets keeping perfetti’s point totals down as ppl have made the argument for ehlers and line in the past as this is a contract year. He could be playing 15 games without support.
Perfetti is fine. I have a friend who's a habs fan and I told him our Cole is better than theirs and he's doing very well despite not having the best line mates.

He has 2 less points than Caulfield in one less game, despite his line mates and being on 2nd vs first and being a year younger.

I'm sure Cole and his agent realize the line mate situation is temporary.

I dint think anyone can complain to hard about Perfetti's usage.

Additionally, I know there were some comments by the coaches about Perfetti getting used to the grind of pro hockey and maybe being a bit tired and banged up. That's natural and a part of his development.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
The reason for that is Iafallo doesn't belong on the 2nd line, just not good enough. Plug in Connor on that line, and then you have a great 2nd line, and put Iafallo on the 4th line. Either that, or you move Nino up to the 2nd line, but that will weaken our 3rd line ? It's a concern tho.
But Iafallo on the 3rd line when KFC comes back and move Appleton down to the 4th. He and Kupari alternate in and out of the lineup. I don't think you take Gustafson out of the lineup at this point. He seems to finally established his role with the club. The concern is having to put AJF on waivers-Tony Nato is obvious, Stanley would be the next obvious and the have Chisholm, Kupari and AJF as our spares.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Long term what would really benefit the team, is Perfetti developing to the point where he can be the line driver and not need as much support. Ehlers was always able to drive a 2nd line, so when we weren't nearly as deep of a team that he took on that role which we needed.
And people have complained about ehlers treatment ever since.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But Iafallo on the 3rd line when KFC comes back and move Appleton down to the 4th. He and Kupari alternate in and out of the lineup. I don't think you take Gustafson out of the lineup at this point. He seems to finally established his role with the club. The concern is having to put AJF on waivers-Tony Nato is obvious, Stanley would be the next obvious and the have Chisholm, Kupari and AJF as our spares.
And chis on waivers when heinola returns?

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We have a very good problem when everyone is healthy. I can't see the org. healthying Apples though. More likely that Gus and Kup rotate in and out, which I'm fine wth, despite how well 19 has played.

I'd hate to lose ajf but I think it's an eventuality.

The real conundrum is what we do when we acquire the 2nd line forward for our run.

I never wish for injury but ideally someone will be on ir until the rosters expand.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We have a very good problem when everyone is healthy. I can't see the org. healthying Apples though. More likely that Gus and Kup rotate in and out, which I'm fine wth, despite how well 19 has played.

I'd hate to lose ajf but I think it's an eventuality.

The real conundrum is what we do when we acquire the 2nd line forward for our run.

I never wish for injury but ideally someone will be on ir until the rosters expand.
I imagine any acquisitions happen after roster is expanded.

Reactions: Buffdog and Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Names is what he is and brings defense and solid nz play. It's Iafallo that is surprising me and not in a good way. He is killing plays left right and center.
Playing with Scheifele and KFC sure perked up Iafallo's point totals, ideally a bottom 6 player who has value if they feel they need to move him next year.

Reactions: surixon

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Sounds like I missed one helluva game. We hosted a dinner party (at which I'm still not allowed to drink) and it ran late so I didn't get to the PVR. This morning, reading this board, I think I'm going to save the game to view between now and the Hawks.

It seems like the Jets are gradually addressing their problems. Forwards are now backchecking more, powerplays are faster, secondary scoring continues to drive the team. I'm not one for snake-oil advanced stats but all the metrics indicate this team is continuing to improve. We're going to have our off-nights and braindead plays in coming months, but this team could go deep into the playoffs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And people have complained about ehlers treatment ever since.
Some people have. Some appreciate that it makes sense for him to drive his own line. Hockey isn’t all about your favourite player getting ideal usage. We had to live through that in the Laine era. We have now become a very deep team and all usage decisions need to be made with the team not players in mind.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Isn't it fun when the Jets are winning ...its like Christmas everyday.
But I have to admit I find it really funny ... Jets play one of their best game of the year beating a Top SC contender and guys are talking about changing the lines. They are not happy with player A's ice time or this player not producing ... relax.
Hockey is a team sport and team chemistry is one of the top factors in winning and you can see it on the Jets. Everyone gets along nobody is crying about their ice time or what line they are on.
If you listen to the retired players who have won the Stanley Cup ... all of them say the same thing. The players were very close and everyone got along great.

Merry Christmas everyone ... Go :jetsGo

:xsign::xtree::santa::wave::stanley:.

rymr66

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg
I think lowry’s line might actually be the second line now, So iaffalo can stay where he is.
The way they are being used seems to suggest Bowness is using them as a second line, even though they are more of a checking line than a scoring line. I really feel like Perfetti is getting the short end of the stick here. I think he needs one offensively talented line mate to help him out. Nino would help him, but Bowness does not want to move Nino down to the third line just so Perfetti can start producing. Ideally, I'd like to see Nino move up the first line, and have Ehlers play with Perfetti. I think that would give us more than one true scoring line, which is what I feel like we have right now. When Connor comes back, I'd like to see him play with Scheifele and Vilardi. They were doing very well at the beginning of the year. I know it was a short sample size, but I think thy can work again, so we can put Ehlers back with Perfetti. When Cole was doing very well and having his impressive points streak, he was playing with Ehlers and Namestnikov. Right now, Perfetti is not being put in a position to succeed or to utilize his strengths in the offensive end.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jets getting way to much national attention for my liking :laugh:. Would rather fly under the radar than these dumb TV analysts start dissecting everything Jets. But comes with the territory of being a great team.
I dint think anyone can complain to hard about Perfetti's usage.
Think again. You can barely go through a gdt without surixon complaining about perfetti. Also I'm sure his agent was putting pressure on the Jets early on in the year to get him more TOI

Reactions: Stumbledore

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Sounds like I missed one helluva game. We hosted a dinner party (at which I'm still not allowed to drink) and it ran late so I didn't get to the PVR. This morning, reading this board, I think I'm going to save the game to view between now and the Hawks.

It seems like the Jets are gradually addressing their problems. Forwards are now backchecking more, powerplays are faster, secondary scoring continues to drive the team. I'm not one for snake-oil advanced stats but all the metrics indicate this team is continuing to improve. We're going to have our off-nights and braindead plays in coming months, but this team could go deep into the playoffs.
That was a very good game, so good that one had to stop posting as it went on.
The Bruins had no time or space whatsoever.
Best effort this season.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
And chis on waivers when heinola returns?
Unfortunately unless a trade or other injury occurs(please no) then Heinola may have to go down to the Moose and wait for an opportunity. Again. He's the only player that can without having to go through waivers.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The way they are being used seems to suggest Bowness is using them as a second line, even though they are more of a checking line than a scoring line. I really feel like Perfetti is getting the short end of the stick here. I think he needs one offensively talented line mate to help him out. Nino would help him, but Bowness does not want to move Nino down to the third line just so Perfetti can start producing. Ideally, I'd like to see Nino move up the first line, and have Ehlers play with Perfetti. I think that would give us more than one true scoring line, which is what I feel like we have right now. When Connor comes back, I'd like to see him play with Scheifele and Vilardi. They were doing very well at the beginning of the year. I know it was a short sample size, but I think thy can work again, so we can put Ehlers back with Perfetti. When Cole was doing very well and having his impressive points streak, he was playing with Ehlers and Namestnikov. Right now, Perfetti is not being put in a position to succeed or to utilize his strengths in the offensive end.

The Lowry line is being used the same way its been used since 17-18 as a hard matchup line. The second line has also been used the same as it had been since then as a line that is expected to outscore softer matchups. No real change in thinking here. Nino has just helped the Lowry line score more then it traditionally has.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Last night I photoshopped this beauty during the 2nd intermission for the PGT.

But somehow I fell asleep with 3 minutes left in the game lol. Better late then never I suppose.

Gabe scores, Jets win and Chevys smile continues to grow larger.

1703366205397.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad