Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Bruins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man I love beating those original 6 teams with their legions of fans. Not only beat them, but then wiped their faces in it.
It's the best feeling. Same with the Oilers invaders

If the Jets keep on playing the way they are it looks like CLC will be the place to be after the break into the New Year and during the playoffs. That was a really good crowd tonight that seemed to be having fun
So much fun. Last season I thought I was attending a funeral some games

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We absolutely shit kicked them tonight. Dominant win and a great way to start the holidays. Really happy I was there to see it live.

Who would have thought motion on the PP would open up seams and create grade A chances. Both goals scored due to the puck carrier creating a lane with their skating. Perfetti put on a qb clinic that last pp. He was all over the ice and taking the free space and exploiting the Bruins gaps. The one time the 1st unit got setup it was more of the same passive play. Scheifele and Ehlers need to move with and without the puck. The second unit showed how they need to do it.

Everyone played an excellent game!

Happy holidays everyone!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I can't believe it took this long for some of you who call yourselves Jet fans to believe in this team.
23 games in a row only giving up 3 goals or less ... 12 games vs the east this year ... zero regulation losses 9-0-3. Seriously Jets are for real and yes they are going to lose and have bad games but in the end they are a SC contender.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Just as I predicted - changing things up and leaving the Bruins wondering how they just lost so bad.

View attachment 789141

I genuinely have no idea how we can improve beyond what we’re doing. This team has it sorted out and is scary good.
Well, we do need to figure out how to beat the stars and the F*** Vegas team. Need to put the seed of doubt in those 2 teams at least as we'll play one at some point if we make the playoffs and hope to go a ways in them.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just a thought that occurred to me in the third - with all the talk about players not wanting to come here, I bet there are players on other teams thinking, I wish I was a part of that team.

Jets are doing it as a TEAM. No superstars, all team. No passengers either.

I don't know if they will be able to maintain it or not but right now it is something special.

Go Jets Go
And Merry Christmas to all.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Just a thought that occurred to me in the third - with all the talk about players not wanting to come here, I bet there are players on other teams thinking, I wish I was a part of that team.

Jets are doing it as a TEAM. No superstars, all team. No passengers either.

I don't know if they will be able to maintain it or not but right now it is something special.

Go Jets Go
And Merry Christmas to all.
Not sure if that’s true. Morrissey and Helly seem like superstars.
Also peg is still pretty low on places after all players want a life outside hockey.

Reactions: surixon

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Lovely stuff.

I was at a gathering with a bunch of friends, but some kind soul put the game on about 5 min into the second period.

What a great game... another stellar performance by the first line. Vilardi continues to slay. JoMo with a nice game.

Lowry with a nice goal, and Nino playing great in front of the net. Helly is super solid.

Lots of fun to be a Jets fan these days!!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Coelacanth of the game:

usatsi_20163288.jpg

#62 Nino Niederietter

2 goals and an assist

Big presence in front of the net.. a great game.

indonesia_coelacanth.jpg

Attachments

• eqp-banner-logo-v-cei.png
    eqp-banner-logo-v-cei.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 2

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Also peg is still pretty low on places after all players want a life outside hockey.

Jets have stars. Scheifele, Ehlers, Helle, Josh, Vivaldi, KC, but no SUPERstars. No one who has to carry the team. Any one player can have an off night and the rest will bail him out. How many games did they win earlier this season with weak goaltending? It wasn't every time the goalie was weak but it was most of the time, just for example. And how are they doing without their top goal scorer?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
They also want to win - and who wants players that value where they live above that (PLD comes to mind).
I think the Jets can attract more talent as a winner - and they'll attract the right type of player along the way.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Was hoping to go but ended up not even watching - sounds like it was a good one though!
Good to go into the break with a big win

Reactions: hn777

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They also want to win - and who wants players that value where they live above that (PLD comes to mind).
I think the Jets can attract more talent as a winner - and they'll attract the right type of player along the way.
I don’t know how important winning is versus all the rest of it for them. For instance, if they have wives, players often start families early, then the wives happiness is just important as job satisfaction or they will be driven crazy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Jets have stars. Scheifele, Ehlers, Helle, Josh, Vivaldi, KC, but no SUPERstars. No one who has to carry the team. Any one player can have an off night and the rest will bail him out. How many games did they win earlier this season with weak goaltending? It wasn't every time the goalie was weak but it was most of the time, just for example. And how are they doing without their top goal scorer?
They are not relying on any one person if that’s your point, but, Helly’s stats up to this point make him a superstar and one of the top at his position in the league.
Kyle Connor like Ehlers are great, but, not sure if they’d ever make a top 7 list.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Is our 4th line more noticeable than our 2nd?
The reason for that is Iafallo doesn't belong on the 2nd line, just not good enough. Plug in Connor on that line, and then you have a great 2nd line, and put Iafallo on the 4th line. Either that, or you move Nino up to the 2nd line, but that will weaken our 3rd line ? It's a concern tho.

Reactions: Jack7222

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Had my kids game last night, got home late and have watched the game up to Vilardi’s goal in the second.

Thoughts.

Most fans (me included) tend to over value offence from forwards and WAY undervalue defence from forwards. Jets now have the best set of defensive forwards we have ever had. 12 guys including 55 all buying into the system. The coaching staff hasn’t gotten better but CHEVY REPLACED 40% of his forward group starting last trade deadline so the parts are so much better defensively (system friendly). Combine that with the best most complete version of Mark Scheifele and we officially have team buy in and alignment.

D core is playing so well now that they are finally supported by great team defense. That is causing the team to play so fast at evens.

We will have our good nights and bad nights, our hot streaks (now), and cold steaks, but as long as this group stays committed and bought in, we are going to be a load. Last night’s game was a thing of beauty (so far).

Depth at forward is such a treat. 3rd and 4th lines are a joy to watch. We are a pack of wolves.

Last point. Helle has looked phenomenal lately even by the high standard we hold him to. So what’s up with him handling the puck so well this season?

This is about as good as it gets.

Well done Chevy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad