Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Bruins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Apparently I need to write something for this to post.

Attachments

• download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To anyone that wondered, I'm now on my computer where the ads are apparently not some dystopian "finish your post in sixty seconds or we'll nuke your reply, lol" horseshit, so I can address the post I was trying to reply to about "I wonder why 'cock' is uncensored"

Basically, it has to do with what words have completely benign homophones

Like recently, Hasbro demanded that the competitive Scrabble association make "bad words" illegal. In direct opposition to the spirit of the game and against the majority wishes of both the NSA and its members, but hey, when a multi-billion dollar corpo with a PR problem wants to clean up their image, that's what they do.

So for one example, they decided to ban the adjective "butch", as in, "of a woman, especially a lesbian, to present in a stereotypically masculine fashion". And of course, the superlative "butchest" was also banned. But what about the case where a woman has this quality to some comparative degree, just not a maximal one?

of course, they had to leave "butcher" in the game, because that could also spell a person who chops your meat for you, and in a game where the words are literally 100% decoupled from any meaning whatsoever (fun fact: one year, the French national Scrabble champ was a bored Welsh savant who didn't speak a word of French but decided to memorize the official French word list 'for a challenge'), you literally have no way to discern.

So yes, even words like "chink" (a dent) or "spade" (the highest ranking suit in a deck of cards) among many others, they sailed right through. And so it goes when you try and make up a static censorship list as forums try to do.

So instead you do the next best thing and staff them with people, but people are flawed. See which, the mod who somehow concluded "did Wayne Simmonds fulfill his speculated plan to kneel for the national anthem? My friend and I need to settle a bet" counted as me being a TOS-violating racist.

And you're goddamn right I'm never letting that one go, but that's another point.

Basically, we either have a choice: token-based matching with a shit-ton of false positives and negatives, or virtual hall-monitors with a shit-ton of false positives and negatives. And if it's any consolation, they both suck.

Also, uh, go Jets go, great job tonight. Just to keep things on topic :)

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Anyone who has been watching the Jets for some time can clearly see now the difference between the systems and personnel utilization deployed by Bones and his sidekick Arniel, compared to the shit show we were under Maurice. Man, we wasted so many seasons with that clown.

Great game. Great structure. Great execution. Great win.
Man, you STILL shit on Maurice every chance you get

Let it go, man

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Wow, what a game by the Jets! Too bad Hellebuyck didn't get a shut out, but it was a great effort by the good guys! I give this game five Fozzie Bears out of five...

Fozzie1.gif
Fozzie2.gif
Fozzie3.gif
Fozzie4.gif
Fozzie5.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Chicago Blackhawks has been posted, so start getting your guesses in. Thank you @Luc Labelle for volunteering to make the GDT for the next game. We are all looking forward to it! I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I will see you next Wednesday! Good night...

ChristmasSleep.gif

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Jets just dominated a top team in the East. That feels good.

Apart from our run to the conference finals, I feel like this is the first time we're actually just winning games because we're the better team. Players that were considered to be lazy are playing their hearts out. Scheifele isn't losing battles, Pionk makes his mistakes but fights to recover. Ehlers is *always* the player covering for the defenseman stepping up.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
I am very happily eating crow. Going into the season, I thought the Jets would be a bubble team. Instead, the Jets are comfortably in a playoff position and one of the top teams in the West.
woot! Woot!
luckily, the team hasn’t missed KFC (thanks for stepping up Vilardi!).
Keep the good times rolling…GJG!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Just as I predicted - changing things up and leaving the Bruins wondering how they just lost so bad.

View attachment 789141

I genuinely have no idea how we can improve beyond what we’re doing. This team has it sorted out and is scary good.
Perfetti’s line scoring is one improvement. I mean names and lafallo have hurt cole’s offense.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
As have I and 100% agree with this. I can’t see Chevy messing with this team. They have buy in from every single player.
Can't like this enough -
Yes, they have buy in - finally.
This coaching staff knew what needed to be done and how they needed to play - and they are there.
And it looks more stable than it ever has - which leaves me thinking this team is a contender.
I won't get too far ahead of myself but I'm feeling like I can get out a little further than I have in the past.

Last edited:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Really missed bantering with you all tonight...

Had guests over and watched the game with them...

I've just got to say thanks to the Jets for a great start to this season...

The Jets and HFJets can enjoy their Christmas season to the fullest...

Peace to all boys and girls...

And a word from our Coelacanth of the year on the Jets season so far (hope you don't mind @kanadalainen) ....

Thats Real Hot Chevy.gif

I leave all HFJets with the following performance from David Bowie & Bing Crosby from a long time ago.. their gift to you all starts at 1:46 of the video... an unlikely duo... but pure gold... they express My sincere sentiments to all of you on HFJets through this Christmas...

:xsign:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fantastic game to be at. Jets played a great game, arena was almost full, crowd was loud and into it plus lots and lots of sad Bruins fans at the end. One drunk Bruins fan sitting near us was being super obnoxious first period but didn't say much afterwards.

Best game I've been to in quite awhile

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Wanted to say this last game.

I think the guys are so committed to the 5 on 5 play that it screws up the power play ( holding on to the puck).

But overall this team has me more confident in wins ever. Even more than when ducky played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad