buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
20240318_100903.jpg

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I'm not even upset for Scheifele scoring with 8 seconds after I had 3-2 Jets.:laugh:
I just want to hear from the people who said Jets can't beat playoff teams.
How is beating the #1 team in their own barn ... is that good enough for you?
I also saw Connor win a board battle to set up the first goal too.
At this rate crows will be extinct by the end of the season.
Not if Jon Snow has anything to say about it.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Seriously picking and choosing small sample stats to fit your narrative is ridiculous.
Jets are 3-2 this month vs playoff teams and one of the losses was back to back and the other loss was without their number center as you can saw tonight missing a key piece in your lineup makes a big difference.

4-8-1 in 13 games against equal opposition is well within the realm of random chance. It’s not a good thing but it’s hardly the end of the world.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Huge win. Only gripe for me is Connor with his continuing lackadaisical "defensive" stick waiving and boneheaded plays in our zone. I understand he'll never win a Selke but my god, put some effort into it. His brutal lazy giveaway very likely could have ended up in the back of our net and completely changed the outcome of this game.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
When the buzzer went and I clapped and screamed and I drew a couple looks. This one felt very special. Very playoff like game.I couldn't watch the game but was able to listen to the last 10 minutes at a gas station in Langley. Clink the glasses together boys and onward to the other side of the river.

Nolan Giesbrecht

Jun 14, 2016
I was perusing the Rangers after-game thread and came across this quote:

“The Jets seem to be the only top NHL team with zero drama, skeletons and distractions...outside of their nutjob coach. They just go out and play good stingy hockey.”

Any idea why our coach is considered a nut job??

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

“The Jets seem to be the only top NHL team with zero drama, skeletons and distractions...outside of their nutjob coach. They just go out and play good stingy hockey.”

I assume they are referring to Arneil. He was there for five years and Rangers fans tend to speak very poorly of him.......not sure if there's even any substance to it.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

No idea, but the post of that thread was "we got Hellef***ed", which I think this board should use when we win a game in which we get outplayed but Helle steals it

As in "man, we sure didn't play well tonight, glad we Hellef***ed them"

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
4-8-1 in 13 games against equal opposition is well within the realm of random chance. It’s not a good thing but it’s hardly the end of the world.
Actually, it's not even remotely within the realm of random chance, because it's not random. A random sample would take games against playoff teams from the entire season, not a particular several week period in the middle of the season, which corresponded with the closest the team has had to a slump this year.

Looking at those stats and thinking they mean the Jets are bad against playoff teams is not only inaccurate, it's lazy thinking. Doubling down on it is a really bad look.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

There are some on that board that think that Rempe is a superstar and they would of won the game if he would of played. That guys 15 minutes will be up pretty soon.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Huge win. Only gripe for me is Connor with his continuing lackadaisical "defensive" stick waiving and boneheaded plays in our zone. I understand he'll never win a Selke but my god, put some effort into it. His brutal lazy giveaway very likely could have ended up in the back of our net and completely changed the outcome of this game.
His forecheck did lead to our first goal. Also don’t know what boneheaded turnover you are referring to as I didn’t see any.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Actually, it's not even remotely within the realm of random chance, because it's not random. A random sample would take games against playoff teams from the entire season, not a particular several week period in the middle of the season, which corresponded with the closest the team has had to a slump this year.

Looking at those stats and thinking they mean the Jets are bad against playoff teams is not only inaccurate, it's lazy thinking. Doubling down on it is a really bad look.

Remember that EN goal that Scheifele scored? Two bounces and in, where a difference of a fraction of a degree or a minor irregularity in the ice means no goal? That's one of a million cases where "bounces" come into play.

If you reread my post as "within the realm of puck luck", maybe that would make it clearer?

His forecheck did lead to our first goal. Also don’t know what boneheaded turnover you are referring to as I didn’t see any.

When he got overwhelmed on the PP and had to take a penalty after losing the puck to stop a clean two-man SHG breakaway, I suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad