Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 Canucks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Scheifele, Morrissey, Dubois and Connor are all among the best in the NHL, and they all had monster games. Samberg is a train wreck. Kuhlman’s hands look like The Sandman’s hands when he’s fighting Spidey… just two big bricks.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
One of the most unprofessional things by a player on ice embarassing your backup goalie like that after he played a decent game. Miller has some of the worst body language of an NHL player I have ever seen whenever I watch the Canucks.
I guess you forgot Buff yelling at Laine.
As for the backup goalie I thought he was more lucky than good. He make a lot of mistakes there was way too many adventures around his net.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Heinola with his best game of the year and showed what he can bring when playing his game. He was playing with confidence, skating and moving the puck with authority. His gap.was also good and he was solid on the wall in the dzone.
Heinola did play well tonight but I think that he can bring much more than what he showed tonight. It`s really encouraging that he appears to be gaining confidence out there but it seems to me that he is still playing ultra conservatively as probably asked by the coachs`. The breakout system and even the approach to generating offence that Bones is asking the team to play right now is not really well aligned with Ville`s strengths but he is trying hard to gain coach`s trust.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Heinola did play well tonight but I think that he can bring much more than what he showed tonight. It`s really encouraging that he appears to be gaining confidence out there but it seems to me that he is still playing ultra conservatively as probably asked by the coachs`. The breakout system and even the approach to generating offence that Bones is asking the team to play right now is not really well aligned with Ville`s strengths but he is trying hard to gain coach`s trust.

Oh I agree that he's capable of much more but this is probably the first time he's given a glimpse of what he can bring.

The more confidence he gets the better he'll be imo.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Oh I agree that he's capable of much more but this is probably the first time he's given a glimpse of what he can bring.

The more confidence he gets the better he'll be imo.
Wonder how many more games he gets till Schmiditty is back?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I can't recall the last time I cheered for both teams in a game. Fortunately, the right team won and a lot of fun was had at our house.

Best of all, being on the winning side, the loser had to go out and bring the dinner home from Akbar's, which was fabulous. Given our weather here, cold and rainy again, that was especially nice on top of two points. It's supposed to rain every day through to Tuesday here in Ginger Papa country so I'm looking forward to being back on the prairies where I Will Not Complain about the cold.

We're out on the town for New Year's Eve but I will keep a thought for how we're playing in Edmonton and will keep my fingers crossed. Given that it's a boozy night, my eyes will be crossed regardless.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'll go get the ice chipper...

tenor.gif

Omg I actually know what show this is from

Pretty good contest show, called Whodunnit, lol

Reactions: John Agar

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Nice bounceback game for the Jets. Dominated most of the play and earned the win. Definitely felt like a must-win given the relatively easy opponent and the losing streak.

I won't be confident Morrissey will play the next game until he actually steps on to the ice on Saturday. We have seen what appear to be minor injuries morph into weeks or even months of games missed. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Was at the Phone Booth tonight, the first period had me worried. Thankfully I was wrong. Watching live gave me hope for Ville, Samberg not so much. #19 had a nice bounce back game. Team stifled Horvat, was coming off b2b 4 point games and wasn’t noticeable tonight.

Now I’ll go talk shit to my family on the West Coast.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I disagree. He got less bad as the game went on but still had some bad plays and near catastrophes.

If pull him out for Capo next game
I wouldn't bench Samberg, God knows you are going to need good PKers against the Oilers, and Samberg is a guy who can match the speed, and get in lanes quickly. With any prospect there will be some stinkers in their repetoire, games where the decision making is wrong, or just the timing is off. Sometimes it's just not your night. And you don't need to bench a young player every time they make a mistake, you need to correct the mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad