Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Blues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I must be an idiot because I’m trying to find out how it’s Scheifele’s line is at fault when Schmidt loses the puck in the corner and he gets a second chance only to pass it to a Blues player in front of the net and the Blues finally score. Maybe if Schmidt passes the puck along the boards to Connor the puck leaves the zone.
I guess all 3 forward should be 5 feet in front of the net.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
OK, then factor in the second line... because you can move ehlers up to negate the 1st line giving up a couple more than they score but then the second line becomes worse than the first line used to be

It's a team game

Let's call a spade a spade here, if this caliber performance was from any of the two none set in stone lines it would have been quickly changed as we have seen throughout the year.

Also if this team is so dependent on needing a line that is hemeraging for 1/3 of each game to maintain balance then we aren't nearly as deep as we think we are.

There are plenty of combos that could be tried to balance things across 3 or 4 lines but Bones only resorts one or two things.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I think it's pretty simple, we lost 5 in a row and couldn't score a goal then they tried the scheif/connor/vilardi line and we started to score/win, you can argue that they weren't 5v5 all you want but the fact is we won 6 of 7, I'm sure if we were giving up chances and losing then line changes would've been made

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think it's pretty simple, we lost 5 in a row and couldn't score a goal then they tried the scheif/connor/vilardi line and we started to score/win, you can argue that they weren't 5v5 all you want but the fact is we won 6 of 7, I'm sure if we were giving up chances and losing then line changes would've been made
I think Connor never played on any other line with any other centre. Before they tried vilardi they had Ehlers there. Which is a problem as give or take ehlers and kc are the same time of player. Different strengths but neither are that big body that a Nino, vilardi are.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
OK, then factor in the second line... because you can move ehlers up to negate the 1st line giving up a couple more than they score but then the second line becomes worse than the first line used to be

It's a team game

The little info we have says KC will be good on the 2nd line. It is not all about linemates. It is also about opposition.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
GP > 10

Attachments

• 1709098255716.png
    1709098255716.png
    252.3 KB · Views: 2

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Just got back from the game and have a few notes. There is no life in the building, not like it was when the Jets came back. Big shout out to Section 312 for trying their best to get things going! They were shouting GO JETS GO all night and even tried to get the wave started! You guys (and gals) rock! The elderly lady beside me reminded me of my mother by her reaction to the game play, other than the swearing. My goodness, she would have made a sailor blush! The person on the other side of me was pretty much two-fisting beers all night, and playing air guitar during the stoppages in play. Glad I brought my noise cancelling earphones, made all the difference in the world with the loud music and such. Guy in the Loge seat in front of me kept getting up and taking forever to move, blocking the game. The guy beside me finally had enough and they had some choice words to say to each other. Oh, and there was a hockey game as well, which was just okay in my books. I give it only three "potty mouths" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Dullest Stars has been posted with updated totals. What's this...

giphy.gif

That's right folks, another game, two more trifectas! Congratulations to @Jetland162702 and @10Ducky10 for picking the correct team to win, the correct game score, and the correct opening goal scorer! Way to go!

Thursday night's game is available if anyone would like to make a GDT for it. Just sign up and it is yours! See you all on Thursday! Good night...

giphy.gif

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
One thing i like about Ehlers on the second line is teams have to put their top checking line against the Scheifele line so there is a good chance Ehlers gets easier competition. That's what depth gets you, harder for the other teams to match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad