Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Blues 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Natural stat trick is glitching for me, so I’m not able to check the xG% to see if I can be happy about this win or not…
Just my appreciation for stats, as an old eye test guy, but it’s been said..
“Statistics are like a bikini bathing suit..
what they reveal is suggestive..but what they conceal is vital..”
(Not necessarily St.Vital in this weather..)

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
He looks like an Elf On The Shelf
1709093148502.png

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am very curious just how long a defensive minded coach like Bones will be able to stomach the top lines play in its end. As a line they are sporting a terrible 35 XGF% and are getting out high dangered chanced by a 2 to 1 margin. They won't continue to convert on 14% of their shots. As is they are barely scraping by in the goal differential department, currently 1 over break even.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I like Perfetti on the 4th. He looks good there. 2nd looks good without him. It's a win win.

Appleton sucks. Would like to see an upgrade there. That 3rd line needs to be a threat to score.

He fits better with Name then Sean as both he and Sean like to play the same offensive role. They could use a finisher with him and Name though and create three scoring lines and a checking line like 2018.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am very curious just how long a defensive minded coach like Bones will be able to stomach the top lines play in its end. As a line they are sporting a terrible 35 XGF% and are getting out high dangered chanced by a 2 to 1 margin. They won't continue to convert on 14% of their shots. As is they are barely scraping by in the goal differential department, currently 1 over break even.
Bones will stick with it as he needs Ehlers to carry the 2nd line. Lowry's line always stays untouched.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bones will stick with it as he needs Ehlers to carry the 2nd line. Lowry's line always stays untouched.

I'm sure he will until it starts bleeding goals on him. I have to think it's eating him up inside though.

I read wish he'd be open to switching the Lowry line up a bit. It hasn't been that amazing since the first third of tye year. I'd like to see Nino and Barron switched for a game or two.

That was probably Perfetti's most impactful game in a while. He does need something to drop for him.

Hopefully this game was the start of his ascent out of his slump. Nino let him down tonight with those two grade A chances.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm sure he will until it starts bleeding goals on him. I have to think it's eating him up inside though.

I read wish he'd be open to switching the Lowry line up a bit. It hasn't been that amazing since the first third of tye year. I'd like to see Nino and Barron switched for a game or two.
You have to account for Connor's defensive deficiencies in some way so you have a 1st line set up to out score the opposition. I don't think Lowry's line gets changed. Ehlers carries the secondary scoring. Not sure we see Bones do much of anything. If somehow Chevy can get a more complete top 6 winger maybe we see some switch ups.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
You have to account for Connor's defensive deficiencies in some way so you have a 1st line set up to out score the opposition. I don't think Lowry's line gets changed. Ehlers carries the secondary scoring. Not sure we see Bones do much of anything. If somehow Chevy can get a more complete top 6 winger maybe we see some switch ups.

Likely not as he's stubborn.

Reactions: hn777

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Good game by most of the Jets other than the usual suspects who get lit up once again defensively and didn't generate much either. 2nd line was cooking as was the 4th, Perfetti and Namestnikov looked great again. 3rd line had a tough matchup and handled it well. Those 3 lines played such a hard game, battling for pucks and fighting for them in the tough areas.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wouldn’t blame connor’s deficiencies for the whole problem. Schief’s was definitely not doing his job on the 2nd goal. Neither was Villardi. It’s not all bout Connor cutting off the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00