Post-Game Talk: Jets 3- Ducks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Reality is humbling if you let it be.

One week after the Vegas series loss as I sat in a Jets village that was burning all around me, if you were to have told me the Jets would be in 1st place IN THE NHL on January 6h (2024) I would have committed you to an asylum (Oh wait they don’t have those anymore).

Lessons:

#1 Strong opinions, loosely held
#2 When you have little to no inside information you are really just guessing
#3 Take inventory, own it, learn from it
#4 The season is not even half done and we will have lots of ups and downs still
#5 The number one, most under appreciated skill in the NHL is a forwards ability to play defense well.
#6 Chevy has more lives than a heard of cats….do cats heard…..probably not…..My point still stands
#7 I would say stay humble but that ship has sailed, so I will have to settle for the fact that at least I can still laugh at myself.

GJG

a6c0af9f-0b7f-4730-bbfe-2dad442cb6a0_text.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
We have talked about this before, the Jets do not move the ratings needle one bit and $N and T$N will pump up the regions with the most eyeballs. If you don't constantly fawn over the Leafs Southern Ont. tv's will go dark. Even more so the Jets are not in $N's stable of teams so we get treated as the ugly step child re games that they are contractually forced to do. To all this I say F them we don't need their validation to feel good about our team.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
We can roll 4 scoring lines just by replacing iafllo with Connor. Names has 6 pts to schief’s zero in the last few games.
2C is kind of a moot term... nino-names-perfetti and kfc-lindholm-iafallo or some combo would be insane

We have talked about this before, the Jets do not move the ratings needle one bit and $N and T$N will pump up the regions with the most eyeballs. If you don't constantly fawn over the Leafs Southern Ont. tv's will go dark. Even more so the Jets are not in $N's stable of teams so we get treated as the ugly step child re games that they are contractually forced to do. To all this I say F them we don't need their validation to feel good about our team.
The argument against this is the green bay packers... if the NFL treated them the way the NHL treats the Jets that franchise would have folded

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Bro is a big boy, just a shade shorter than Helly.

Anyway here are his recent stats:

View attachment 797250

This year he is .920 with a 2.30 GAA. I think he likes playing beside Helly and draws some benefit.

I forgot that he was drafted by Edmonton. They tripped over their own feet in lettting him go.
They sure grow some big trees out in Port Alberni, and it doesn’t hurt the team that we’ve got one of them as a backup!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Bro is a big boy, just a shade shorter than Helly.

Anyway here are his recent stats:

View attachment 797250

This year he is .920 with a 2.30 GAA. I think he likes playing beside Helly and draws some benefit.

I forgot that he was drafted by Edmonton. They tripped over their own feet in lettting him go.
0 PIM? Needs to up his physicality. :D

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
That's fine, he's getting paid what he's getting paid and there's nothing we can do to change that. Much nicer to have an overpaid player contributing positively than it is to have one that's actively hurting the team.
I really feel Schmidts personality is a huge plus in the locker room. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy and from all accounts a very funny one at that. Seeing the reaction on the bench when he scored last night only confirms that. The boys love him. I think that gets under looked by a lot of people. Sure he may be overpaid a mil or two for what he provides on the ice, but sometimes the intangibles are just as important. He would be sorely missed if he was gone and would negatively affect the team chemistry

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I really feel Schmidts personality is a huge plus in the locker room. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy and from all accounts a very funny one at that. Seeing the reaction on the bench when he scored last night only confirms that. The boys love him. I think that gets under looked by a lot of people. Sure he may be overpaid a mil or two for what he provides on the ice, but sometimes the intangibles are just as important. He would be sorely missed if he was gone and would negatively affect the team chemistry
Yup:laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Yup, this is the product of corporatism.

Smaller regional broadcasters served their viewers and listeners so much better. I left broadcasting when all programming was developed in Toronto.

If we could find a way to go back to regional companies, not only would the product get better, but there would be way more jobs.

This could easily be regulated but politicians are servants to the ultra wealthy.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yup, this is the product of corporatism.

Smaller regional broadcasters served their viewers and listeners so much better. I left broadcasting when all programming was developed in Toronto.

If we could find a way to go back to regional companies, not only would the product get better, but there would be way more jobs.

This could easily be regulated but politicians are servants to the ultra wealthy.
The first few years was the best we had a consistent pre game show and post game show that focused on the Jets and none of this crap on when Mathews went to the bathroom and if his stools were consistent.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
TSN.ca has the Jets story (#1) as the first item in the NHL column. :)

And just for grins you can listen to Marty Biron go mad about how good the Jets are:

Marty: THEY ARE, THEY ARE AN ELITE TEAM. LOOK AT THE RECORD. ELITE!!
IMG_6050.jpeg

ELITE Coelacanths !!

Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad