Post-Game Talk: Jets 3- Ducks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maybe Schmidt is buying Samberg dinners at fancy restaurants. Probably hands Snerge pocket money every week as a thank you. So they make closer to $3 million each.
So he’s berg’s sugar daddy.

You do realize that Samberg is also out there with Schmidt. It's impossible to credit one or the other with their success. It's is, however, logical to credit them both with it
Yes you can. You can say, while, what did berg look like with other players. He looked good with Pionk, he looked good with Stanley. Schmidt has only looked good with berg.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Yes you can. You can say, while, what did berg look like with other players. He looked good with Pionk, he looked good with Stanley. Schmidt has only looked good with berg.
I can't remember the last time Schmidt didn't look good. According to his game log, he was a -2 on Nov 28 vs Dallas, sat for a couple of games and hasn't been a minus since then. The eye test tells me that it hasn't been because he's been an anchor being dragged around the ice by Snerg.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I can't remember the last time Schmidt didn't look good. According to his game log, he was a -2 on Nov 28 vs Dallas, sat for a couple of games and hasn't been a minus since then. The eye test tells me that it hasn't been because he's been an anchor being dragged around the ice by Snerg.
I would say an anchor is an exaggeration, but, if you think Berg and Schmidt have looked equally good since that pairing came together I don’t know what else there is to say.

Reactions: John Agar

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The team is doing quite well without my help. As for post #186, of course I noticed you. After all, every competent “relief bar attendant” is supposed to be aware of the whole room.

There were four seniors at a table on the far right before 9 pm. One of them looked like a medieval monk in a two thousand dollar suit. Waved his hands a lot and seemed to be constantly talking. The only glimpse I got of his wife, she looked like Mrs. Claus.

The other woman was very tall, regal, long straight white hair and looked totally like an elf out of Middle Earth. Her husband looked a cross between a walrus and Donald Sutherland gone to seed.

The two guys had ridiculously priced brandies, Mrs Claus had a 6 Chardonnay and the Elf Queen had a 9 Pinot Grigio. I’m guessing you were the Friar Tuck, right?
Gone to seed????? Harumph!

Admittedly, I need a haircut but my moustache was neatly trimmed. And I’ve strongly resembled the actor for decades. But your insults are forgiven. It was a great pleasure to attend at one of your last nights at work. You truly are beautiful and I’m sure you have a photo around somewhere tht would prove my raving to our fellow weirdoes in here is justified. Regardless, I will protect your privacy.

Stumbledore’s identity revealed??

View attachment 797496
No, I'm tall and slender. My friend however...

Have to say @Inanna is extremely observant
Hardly. She was completely wrong.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I would say an anchor is an exaggeration, but, if you think Berg and Schmidt have looked equally good since that pairing came together I don’t know what else there is to say.
I think if you replace Schmidt with heinola or Chisholm you don't see a difference - but if you replace Samberg- the Schmidt pairing is a tire fire...

Reactions: John Agar

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
It depends how you view them when they're on the ice. If you have the opinion that Schmidt is the weaker link, you'll notice all his gaffes. Conversely, you'll notice all the neat little plays that Snerg makes

I noticed this watching my own kids play hockey. Every time they f***ed up, I'd notice... then I started watching all the other kids and noticed that they all f*** up too

Long way of saying that subjective observation is rife with the risks of confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance.

I'm jnot arguing for Nate to be nominated for the Norris trophy... but he deserves credit for how his game had come around in the last 6 weeks.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Schmidt has been okay. He's definitely playing better now than he has in awhile. Overall he's a good 3rd pairing d man. I'd say more importantly has been the way he's taken Samberg under his wing and helped him grow as a player. Confidence is paramount for a young defenceman and it appears to me from the outside that Schmidt has been an excellent mentor and has really helped bring Samberg out of his shell.

The truth is we will move on from Schmidt soon. I suspect Heinola is going to get back into the lineup shortly after getting healthy and Schmidt will be our #7. And if we get hit by some injuries we'll be happy to have him as a veteran depth option.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
TSN.ca has the Jets story (#1) as the first item in the NHL column. :)

And just for grins you can listen to Marty Biron go mad about how good the Jets are:

Marty: THEY ARE, THEY ARE AN ELITE TEAM. LOOK AT THE RECORD. ELITE!!

You understood him?

He’s usually yelling :laugh:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Schmidt has been okay. He's definitely playing better now than he has in awhile. Overall he's a good 3rd pairing d man. I'd say more importantly has been the way he's taken Samberg under his wing and helped him grow as a player. Confidence is paramount for a young defenceman and it appears to me from the outside that Schmidt has been an excellent mentor and has really helped bring Samberg out of his shell.

The truth is we will move on from Schmidt soon. I suspect Heinola is going to get back into the lineup shortly after getting healthy and Schmidt will be our #7. And if we get hit by some injuries we'll be happy to have him as a veteran depth option.
I agree - he's good depth with his experience.
I think if he is the 7th, he'll be able to step in and be effective - mainly because he will be well rested.
I don't see him having the full time wheels or energy to make it through a PO race - but with the bench rest, he'd be good in a pinch.

I can see the org looking at Ville real hard when he returns - and if they feel he has it, he'll replace Smitty.
If not, I expect to see the Jets looking for someone that can step in at the deadline - preferable with experience and some offense to go with an average defensive game.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Gone to seed????? Harumph!

Admittedly, I need a haircut but my moustache was neatly trimmed. And I’ve strongly resembled the actor for decades. But your insults are forgiven. It was a great pleasure to attend at one of your last nights at work. You truly are beautiful and I’m sure you have a photo around somewhere tht would prove my raving to our fellow weirdoes in here is justified. Regardless, I will protect your privacy.
Yes, I have a photo around somewhere. About 1,600 of them on my Facebook page. If I post one of them in here (and it works) will you stop your BS about my appearance?

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021

I kinda like the Schmidt Samberg Pairing.

1704583338487.jpeg

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Yes, I have a photo around somewhere. About 1,600 of them on my Facebook page. If I post one of them in here (and it works) will you stop your BS about my appearance?
I will happily stop once you prove my point, but I suspect a trick. Are you going to use a baby photo or some old school shot? Or get me to shut up with a photo of you wrapped in blankets or something that completely hides your figure? You've played me so often, it's only smart to be suspicious.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I will happily stop once you prove my point, but I suspect a trick. Are you going to use a baby photo or some old school shot? Or get me to shut up with a photo of you wrapped in blankets or something that completely hides your figure? You've played me so often, it's only smart to be suspicious.
1704583977969.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln