Post-Game Talk: Jets 3- Ducks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Sadly crashed out before this one ended and even missed PERFETTI's goal!

Jets on a tear, great to see!

Who are you and what have you done with Sip? :laugh:

We've won 5 games in 7 nights !!!

We're in 1st place in the NHL !!!

Feels good !!!

I think I need a cigarette after reading this post

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
We have talked about this before, the Jets do not move the ratings needle one bit and $N and T$N will pump up the regions with the most eyeballs. If you don't constantly fawn over the Leafs Southern Ont. tv's will go dark. Even more so the Jets are not in $N's stable of teams so we get treated as the ugly step child re games that they are contractually forced to do. To all this I say F them we don't need their validation to feel good about our team.
So what would happen if Manitobans boycotted Molson beer like they did in '79?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I really feel Schmidts personality is a huge plus in the locker room. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy and from all accounts a very funny one at that. Seeing the reaction on the bench when he scored last night only confirms that. The boys love him. I think that gets under looked by a lot of people. Sure he may be overpaid a mil or two for what he provides on the ice, but sometimes the intangibles are just as important. He would be sorely missed if he was gone and would negatively affect the team chemistry
Or 3 mil I wouldn’t pay him more than 3 mil.

Reactions: John Agar

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
That's fine, he's getting paid what he's getting paid and there's nothing we can do to change that. Much nicer to have an overpaid player contributing positively than it is to have one that's actively hurting the team.
Like paying Kuzmenko 5.5 and scratching him?
At least Schmidt responded positively when he got back in the line up.
Andrei not so much.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Oh yeah, for the 2 or 3 of you wondering how my special evening went. It didn't really work out like I was hoping.

We had an excellent dinner in my favourite restaurant then I suggested we move to the lounge for drinks. It was really busy and my sightline to the bar wasn't great and I couldn't see Inanna. We got served by some young guy who brought our drinks over. Just when I thought I'd remembered it wrong and she didn't work here, I glanced over and there she was. My hunches and deductions were right and she is every bit as gorgeous as I remember. People kept blocking my view, plus I had guests to entertain so I couldn’t stare so I never caught her eye directly. She was behind the bar for the whole 30-45 mins I was there. We never got within 30 feet of each other but I did confirm that I'm not a senile old fool and she is stunning. Now I'm more determined than ever to persuade her to post some photos in here. Just to help the team win, of course.
The team is doing quite well without my help. As for post #186, of course I noticed you. After all, every competent “relief bar attendant” is supposed to be aware of the whole room.

There were four seniors at a table on the far right before 9 pm. One of them looked like a medieval monk in a two thousand dollar suit. Waved his hands a lot and seemed to be constantly talking. The only glimpse I got of his wife, she looked like Mrs. Claus.

The other woman was very tall, regal, long straight white hair and looked totally like an elf out of Middle Earth. Her husband looked a cross between a walrus and Donald Sutherland gone to seed.

The two guys had ridiculously priced brandies, Mrs Claus had a 6 Chardonnay and the Elf Queen had a 9 Pinot Grigio. I’m guessing you were the Friar Tuck, right?

Nov 24, 2006
There were four seniors at a table on the far right before 9 pm. One of them looked like a medieval monk in a two thousand dollar suit. Waved his hands a lot and seemed to be constantly talking. The only glimpse I got of his wife, she looked like Mrs. Claus.

The other woman was very tall, regal, long straight white hair and looked totally like an elf out of Middle Earth. Her husband looked a cross between a walrus and Donald Sutherland gone to seed.

The two guys had ridiculously priced brandies, Mrs Claus had a 6 Chardonnay and the Elf Queen had a 9 Pinot Grigio. I’m guessing you were the Friar Tuck, right?

LMAO

What did I just read? :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The team is doing quite well without my help. As for post #186, of course I noticed you. After all, every competent “relief bar attendant” is supposed to be aware of the whole room.

:laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Wherever you guys were last night it sounds way to rich for this Dude.:laugh:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Schmidt isn't just keeping his head above water, the pair has the best GA in the league. Schmidt is legitimately good defensively, and he was last year without Samberg as well. Think he deserves more respect, really.
I don't think he's very good - and he's sheltered with Samberg to a point where it's hard to even determine how bad he is anymore.
He sat for a number of games TY due to how bad he was - he had spurts of decent play but in the end, he is slow, soft, not effective defensively, and has lost a lot of his offensive luster although that would be his strength compared to the rest of his game.

I like his fit in the room and I think the org does too - but they pulled him out of the lineup a few time anyway - and that says a lot.
He'd be the guy I would be concerned about in the PO's against top offense.

We don't have to agree - this is just an opinion based on where I think we will need help if we want to go deep in the PO's

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I don't think he's very good - and he's sheltered with Samberg to a point where it's hard to even determine how bad he is anymore.
He sat for a number of games TY due to how bad he was - he had spurts of decent play but in the end, he is slow, soft, not effective defensively, and has lost a lot of his offensive luster although that would be his strength compared to the rest of his game.

I like his fit in the room and I think the org does too - but they pulled him out of the lineup a few time anyway - and that says a lot.

We don't have to agree - this is just an opinion based on where I think we will need help if we want to go deep in the PO's
When was the last time Nate Schmidt was on the ice for a 5v5 goal against?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
While I like what Schmidt may bring to the room and the fact that he is playing better I think the Jets try to move on from him this off season. He is 32 and has another year left after this one and we are starting to have a bit of a log jam on D. I would be more interested in extending Dilly for a couple of years on a team friendly deal even though he is a year older

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I would mostly agree with you, it's funny though if he was making 3 million a season i probably would be ok with his game but 6 million is alot for what he brings to the ice. I do bet everyone loves him in the room and that is good, i thought Samberg had one of his best games of the season last night and if Samberg plays like that it also helps Schmidt.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I would mostly agree with you, it's funny though if he was making 3 million a season i probably would be ok with his game but 6 million is alot for what he brings to the ice. I do bet everyone loves him in the room and that is good, i thought Samberg had one of his best games of the season last night and if Samberg plays like that it also helps Schmidt.
Part of it is the money - but most of it (IMO), regardless of what he is paid, is that he has lost a couple of steps and all the physical in his game (which was never that much).
I think Samberg is doing most of the heavy lifting on that pair - and if we could actually add a player that has more energy and offensive skill, that pair would be our second pair. I can see Chevy looking to fill that hole at the deadline - unless Ville can fill it which is to be seen.

I have nothing against Smitty - I just see him as the weak link on a D squad that we should be focusing on in prep for PO hockey.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

Stumbledore’s identity revealed??

1704578750184.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad