Post-Game Talk: Jets 3- Ducks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've said it before but there has to be at least 10 teams that would kill to have Brossoit as their starting goaltender and that's our backup.:nod: Don't care what anyone says we have the best goaltending in the league. Also i can't believe how we are still winning so much without Connor . People are talking about trades well we are going to add a 40 goal scorer to this winning lineup in a couple of weeks for absolutely nothing. I'm really excited about this club......:nod:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
So in other words she didn’t have to pulled out her aces from her bra.:D
Definitely not, hell I don't think she even knew I was there. I'm not sure why I get such a bad rap in here but I was only ever going to say hi to the young lady. Maybe drop a line about I'm sure you're a great Jets fan. Then see if she cracked up while I gaze at her amazing beauty.

I may be old and getting senile but I'm not entirely stupid. The ace up her sleeve was that we were hosting our friends last nite so my Visa card is on file there and pretty easy for her to pull up details.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Watched the first two periods then highlights... wow

Rare to see a team gradually grind the opposition down in a b2b

Bones has buy-in and two great goalies

Rolling four lines - been waiting for a jets team that can do this

Jomo-demelo back to back 25 min nights... fet DD signed to $5m for four years... he deserves it

Nino-names-perfetti - make this our new 2nd line please

First line back to playing bones system - good game by vilardi

Pickup a 2C and we can roll three scoring lines.... although 4th line sure looks dominant out there already

Two trap games two wins

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
1704547504747.png

Pretty good goalie tandem.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Reality is humbling if you let it be.

One week after the Vegas series loss as I sat in a Jets village that was burning all around me, if you were to have told me the Jets would be in 1st place IN THE NHL on January 6h (2024) I would have committed you to an asylum (Oh wait they don’t have those anymore).

Lessons:

#1 Strong opinions, loosely held
#2 When you have little to no inside information you are really just guessing
#3 Take inventory, own it, learn from it
#4 The season is not even half done and we will have lots of ups and downs still
#5 The number one, most under appreciated skill in the NHL is a forwards ability to play defense well.
#6 Chevy has more lives than a heard of cats….do cats heard…..probably not…..My point still stands
#7 I would say stay humble but that ship has sailed, so I will have to settle for the fact that at least I can still laugh at myself.

GJG

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Another win and top of the league!

This team doesn't take many shifts off. That was the 5th game in 7 nights. It would drive me nuts when Maurice would be in the pregame interviews talking down expectations on a back2back. Or a 3 in 4. Basically saying, hey we are tired and going to lose. I don't expect much and you shouldn't either. Then the skaters would take the night off and lose. I complained about it in the forums here many times. That's how you build a low effort, losing is OK attitude. That's where no pushback comes from. Without even getting into shitty systems. Gotta give credit to the new coaching regime for instilling a no excuses, let's find solutions attitude. Of course you will lose games, but it won't be from not trying.

The dressing room, coaching, systems, attitude is night and day from past Jets. Dont kid yourself, this has as much to do with who we got rid of in the last couple years as it has to do with who we brought in.

Go Jets Go!

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The dressing room, coaching, systems, attitude is night and day from past Jets. Dont kid yourself, this has as much to do with who we got rid of in the last couple years
I think this part of the post explains it all.
As good as Wheeler was, I think he was the main issue the room.
The whole dynamic has changed and I don’t think it is up for debate.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The dressing room, coaching, systems, attitude is night and day from past Jets. Dont kid yourself, this has as much to do with who we got rid of in the last couple years as it has to do with who we brought in.

Go Jets Go!
Like several others in here - who type way faster than I ever can -- I strongly agree with this sentiment. I'd also suggest that coaching has been a major factor to. Maurice is a great guy and gives the world's best interviews, but Bones sets expectations and demands that they be met. He might not play your favourite player, espy in the last 5 mins of game, but he's not afraid to add or reduce playing time to anybody to encourage buy-in, regardless of the contract.

And I gotta add: Go Schmidty !

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’m going to miss all these games for the next month (away for work) but love to come on here to see all the excitement!
What a solid team game we’re playing right now.
When players follow their responsibilities and give full effort every shift, we win! It’s quite simple and our players have all bought in.
Different attitude this year.
Now the coaches need to make sure that it doesn’t go to their heads and remind them that talent alone isn’t what got them to first place overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad