Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Mission accomplished! :thumbu:

giphy.gif

secret-hand-shake-love.gif

1mYs.gif
That chest bump thing should never be coed.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
I guess that depends on the person and/or board.

I wound up posting in their PGT about Kostin going into the boards, saying how I cringed when I saw it, and hoped for a speedy recovery. Granted, I purposely didn't read any other posts, but since my post wasn't quoted, I take that to mean I didn't annoy anyone.

Generally, I avoid it myself unless there's a good reason (only other time this season was in the Canes GDT when I was in Carolina, telling them what a nice place it was to visit. Man, some of the restaurants I ate at where pretty awesome).
Pointless thing to do after a loss. If they had won the game, then it might be well received. Otherwise, there is nothing to be gained. They were in no mood to recognize good intent. This board would probably react the same way if the situation was reversed.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Karson Kuhlman : "He's fast, he works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has never scored much of anything ever anywere and can't finish, and I've never heard of him until we claimed him but he's intriguing at the young age of 27"

Jesse Puljujarvi : "He's fast, works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has scored well outside the NHL but can't score and can't finish in the NHL, and he's weird and "European", he doesn't act how I think people should act, and he's old at 24. Ew, no interest".

The waiver love on this forum will never stop being funny.
I can't speak for anyone else, but Kuhlman - undrafted - was brought in as a grunt. I'm only looking at him, through that lens. Kuhlman could be 24, 29, or 33 years old, I know that we're not building, nor potentially building around him.

I remember holding out, as late as the '92-'93, that Jimmy Carson, Rob Brown and even Daniel Marois, were due to turn things around, because they were all still just 24 years old. Each of them had played their best hockey, prior to the '90-'91 season. They had showed a lot of promise. Puljujarvi can't even begin to chip away at Marois, nevermind Brown or Carson.

Puljujarvi was drafted 4th overall, and despite playing with McDavid and Draisaitl, or being on the 2nd line facing weaker defensive coverage, has been a massive disappointment. If he can't make it work playing with them, how on Earth is he going to make it work with any other team? I'm as excited about him, as I'd be about Scott Scissons in '96. You should be glad he's not our problem.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I also ran through the Oilers PGT to see what all the fuss was about. Yup, they're a salty bunch

But the way some of all y'all are acting makes it seem like you think our PGTs here at HFJets are rainbows and unicorns after we lose a game like that. There's always plenty of salt to go around when we lose

I mean for f***s sake, we can't go 3 minutes without someone shittong on PoMo in any number of threads and he's been gone for almost 14 months.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The thoughts on the Oilers PGT that Gustafsson should be suspended because of the Kostin injury are...interesting.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I also ran through the Oilers PGT to see what all the fuss was about. Yup, they're a salty bunch

But the way some of all y'all are acting makes it seem like you think our PGTs here at HFJets are rainbows and unicorns after we lose a game like that. There's always plenty of salt to go around when we lose

I mean for f***s sake, we can't go 3 minutes without someone shittong on PoMo in any number of threads and he's been gone for almost 14 months.
Yes but we don’t shit on other teams when we lose, we shit on ourselves and the refs.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Now that the Jets have boosted Heinola’s value and no regular spot for him in our line up with Schmidt, Pionk and morrissey do you think they trade him? It could really help with our long term lack of rw.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I like to think it's because we have some self-awareness about being in Winnipeg. Edmonton's claim to fame is being 3 hours away from a city that's better than they are in every way.
Not in every way, not relevant to this board but the comedy scene is a lot better in Edmonton.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can't speak for anyone else, but Kuhlman - undrafted - was brought in as a grunt. I'm only looking at him, through that lens. Kuhlman could be 24, 29, or 33 years old, I know that we're not building, nor potentially building around him.

I remember holding out, as late as the '92-'93, that Jimmy Carson, Rob Brown and even Daniel Marois, were due to turn things around, because they were all still just 24 years old. Each of them had played their best hockey, prior to the '90-'91 season. They had showed a lot of promise. Puljujarvi can't even begin to chip away at Marois, nevermind Brown or Carson.

Puljujarvi was drafted 4th overall, and despite playing with McDavid and Draisaitl, or being on the 2nd line facing weaker defensive coverage, has been a massive disappointment. If he can't make it work playing with them, how on Earth is he going to make it work with any other team? I'm as excited about him, as I'd be about Scott Scissons in '96. You should be glad he's not our problem.

So players who are undrafted get a fan boost because of not being viewed, and drafted players, especially higher ones, get a negative bump.

Look at the rest of the Oilers, even McDavid himself is just "solid" in 5v5 production this year.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Pionk is the one that ought to be traded, not Heinola.
Pionk is still putting up points at a decent pace. Two last night, I’m not sure if Heinola has any since being brought up. But yes moving a more expensive Pionk would open up a lot of cap space.

So players who are undrafted get a fan boost because of not being viewed, and drafted players, especially higher ones, get a negative bump.

Look at the rest of the Oilers, even McDavid himself is just "solid" in 5v5 production this year.
No stop gap measure players get a bump until they get taken out of the line up altogether. Key word is stop gap measure. Pul will cost too much and we may as well use those pieces for someone who has proven more, or has more potential.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019

Great post!

Reactions: Stumbledore

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Yes but we don’t shit on other teams when we lose, we shit on ourselves and the refs.
We shit on other fanbases too. Not everybody, and not every game, but it does happen.

I also think that there's a certain amount of "punching down" going on in Oilers land. Let's face it... winnipeg is one of the few markets in the league that those fans feel is shitter than theirs lol

Reactions: Jets 31

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We shit on other fanbases too. Not everybody, and not every game, but it does happen.

I also think that there's a certain amount of "punching down" going on in Oilers land. Let's face it... winnipeg is one of the few markets in the league that those fans feel is shitter than theirs lol
We might shit on other fanbases but we don’t say if Oilers didn’t have McD they’d be useless. We don’t say why do they employ Nurse as a #1 what a joke.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pionk is still putting up points at a decent pace. Two last night, I’m not sure if Heinola has any since being brought up. But yes moving a more expensive Pionk would open up a lot of cap space.

No stop gap measure players get a bump until they get taken out of the line up altogether. Key word is stop gap measure. Pul will cost too much and we may as well use those pieces for someone who has proven more, or has more potential.

Cost too much? What, a second round pick?

Look at the garbage this franchise has traded for previously, a lot of whom we're rentals.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We're going to get similarly goalied this season, and I will be just as sour as our friends from Edmonton.
But will you trash the opponent city? Will you completely mis-characterise the opponent?

What I see on our board (guilty) after a bad loss is people calling for jobs, demanding trades, crapping on our own players.

What was going on in the Oiler post game was beyond the pale.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Cost too much? What, a second round pick?

Look at the garbage this franchise has traded for previously, a lot of whom we're rentals.
Hopefully we have learnt something after the Hayes deal. We have not traded a 2nd for a rental since. Also I doubt he goes only for a second but that’s just my opinion.
We might shit on other fanbases but we don’t say if Oilers didn’t have McD they’d be useless. We don’t say why do they employ Nurse as a #1 what a joke.
Also punching down is pathetic that’s why the rule of comedy is you ar3 supposed to punch up.

Reactions: thereturn

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019

What impresses you, exactly, about Puljujarvi? Also, should the Jets acquire him, what would your expectations be of him?

I know I pointed it out, but I don't particularly care if a player went undrafted or not. I was trying to illustrate who Kuhlman is, and what his expectations have been along his journey, in contrast to Puljujarvi. Perhaps I have the wrong perception about who Puljujarvi is, I view him as a bust. If he's a defensive ace, I've been wrong about him. I had him in line with Vesalainin as a player; albeit with more potential that he's not realizing.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I guess that depends on the person and/or board.

I wound up posting in their PGT about Kostin going into the boards, saying how I cringed when I saw it, and hoped for a speedy recovery. Granted, I purposely didn't read any other posts, but since my post wasn't quoted, I take that to mean I didn't annoy anyone.

Generally, I avoid it myself unless there's a good reason (only other time this season was in the Canes GDT when I was in Carolina, telling them what a nice place it was to visit. Man, some of the restaurants I ate at where pretty awesome).
You were told to F off multiple times after your post.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not in every way, not relevant to this board but the comedy scene is a lot better in Edmonton.
Music scene is better here….:thumbu:
My sister is in Edmonton , I find the general feel similar to here.
The Oilers fans would be understandably upset.
It’s really awesome that we’re still accumulating points when we are so banged up.
Testament to coaching and efforts by the roster.
Huge attitude change this season.
Nice work coaches and players !
GJG

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
But will you trash the opponent city? Will you completely mis-characterise the opponent?

What I see on our board (guilty) after a bad loss is people calling for jobs, demanding trades, crapping on our own players.

What was going on in the Oiler post game was beyond the pale.

If it's Vegas, I reserve the right to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad