Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 Coliers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Chad is just that kind of guy.

Samberg is fine, he's a replacement level dman. Puljujarvi could be a f***ing steal because he is a player who has put up great underlying and defensive numbers but hasn't been able to put it together in the land of no development that is Deadmonton. This year everyones wheels have fallen off at 5v5. They're just a bad team.

We all like Barron, Lowry, etc. Imagine them with better skating and hands, but he's like Andrew Copp where he hasn't quite put together where to make the pass to, where to be to receive the pass, etc.

Trade some mid pick+ for him so the Oilers get cap space. We get, at worst, an upgrade on the third line, with the option to re-sign him or walk away.

I'd much rather that than some geriatric rental having an okay year or a waste of a pick for a Zach Sanford.
I put the chances of Chevy acquiring analytic darlings or those potential unheralded "gems" quite low.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And Dallas is up on us with 5 loser points...

Edited "lower" to "loser". :rolleyes:

Would you rather we had lost those OT games? We would have the same number of loser pts as Dallas and be 10 pts behind them instead of 5. :laugh:

That chest bump thing should never be coed.

They're doing it wrong. It is supposed to be a belly bump. :laugh:

Reactions: Guardian17

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pionk is the one that ought to be traded, not Heinola.

True - but Pionk's contract makes him pretty tough to trade. And then consider the return. The return on Pionk doesn't do much for our F corps.

We might shit on other fanbases but we don’t say if Oilers didn’t have McD they’d be useless. We don’t say why do they employ Nurse as a #1 what a joke.

Yeah, we do say those exact things. Quite often. :laugh:

Reactions: Stumbledore

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I also ran through the Oilers PGT to see what all the fuss was about. Yup, they're a salty bunch

But the way some of all y'all are acting makes it seem like you think our PGTs here at HFJets are rainbows and unicorns after we lose a game like that. There's always plenty of salt to go around when we lose

I mean for f***s sake, we can't go 3 minutes without someone shittong on PoMo in any number of threads and he's been gone for almost 14 months.

1672678974292.png

The team looked a bit like every shift would be their last, but good on 'em for hanging on and making McPointless look mortal. Hopefully we will start to see more walking wounded stagger back into the lineup over the next few weeks.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I also ran through the Oilers PGT to see what all the fuss was about. Yup, they're a salty bunch

But the way some of all y'all are acting makes it seem like you think our PGTs here at HFJets are rainbows and unicorns after we lose a game like that. There's always plenty of salt to go around when we lose

I mean for f***s sake, we can't go 3 minutes without someone shittong on PoMo in any number of threads and he's been gone for almost 14 months.

Yea our post game threads after losses are just as bad as Edmontons if not worse. It seems to be that way for all HFBoards. Now some posters can objectively process defeat rationally but the vast majority totally overreact and for some reason need to share their misery?? The odd thing is there is a subset of posters who don’t seem to show up after wins they seem to derive most of their value from this platform from wallowing in negativity.

To each their own I guess but I like to avoid this place after losses at least until the next morning.

The only difference between us and Edmonton is we aren’t in denial about how outsiders perceive our city. I have lived in both cities and all I can say is if you live in a glass house you shouldn’t throw stones.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It’s weird it’s like people think Schief will get paid like a top 10 centre which he is not.
Aho, Eichel, Tage, mcdavid, matthews, Petersson, off the top of my head are all better.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It’s weird it’s like people think Schief will get paid like a top 10 centre which he is not.
Aho, Eichel, Tage, mcdavid, matthews, off the top of my head are all better.
Scheif can command what the market will bare. It will depend on who else is on the market. Someone will over pay, we’ll have to pay a good contract to keep him I assume. He had to feel like he left some money on the table for his last contract so I’m sure he’ll want to get the best contract that he can.

To be fair to them they started only after a few Jets fans (a couple I've never seen post on this board even) went there to troll.

But yeah, they're a bit out to lunch if they think Edmonton is anything more than a bigger Winnipeg. That guy talking about population growth hasn't got his numbers right. But yeah. Bigger Winnipeg.
For sure it was initiated by some unfortunate poking, I’m just surprised to the level that it dominated their conversation a day later. It’s like they were doing “your mom jokes” and a day later were still going.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Of course he will get paid. Very few #1 centers ever make it to market. Those that do get overpaid due to scarcity. Saying that I think the Jets make every effort to get him and Helly signed this July.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
UFA vs rfa, timing of signing as well (tage's case)

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
To be fair to them they started only after a few Jets fans (a couple I've never seen post on this board even) went there to troll.

But yeah, they're a bit out to lunch if they think Edmonton is anything more than a bigger Winnipeg. That guy talking about population growth hasn't got his numbers right. But yeah. Bigger Winnipeg.

Ya, some jackass Jets fans posting over there brought some of this on. Totally classless thing to do, after we won that game. Some people need to learn to STFU.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not enough talent to promote guys last year... huh? There was more talent in the system last year than this year

With a healthy roster we had copp and Stas in the bottom six... Chevy's waiver pickups are the same as every year the difference is that we have a system that players cam understand and fill a role. It enables them to perform
I think there was that brief stretch where Svetchnikov was in the top 6 that allowed for such a lineup. Most of the time it was only one of those 2 in the bottom 6, and at times neither. By the time Perfetti joined the team both Wheeler and Ehlers were injured, and the injury bug kind of bit the rest of the year. I'd say that Gagner was the replacement for Svetchnikov, and Stastny's leadership, and is outproducing the former. Appleton replaced the defensive aspect of Copp's game, not the offensive potential though. Perfetti is the replacement for Stats. Maenalanen replaced Veslalainen. Stenlund replaced Riley Nash. 4 of those 5 moves are upgrades in my mind. Gustafsson replaces Toninato, I think the Jets tried to go there last year but Gus couldn't stay healthy. Then you add Jonsson-Fjallby to replace Harkins, especially on the defensive side. Morgan Barron is a prospect we didn't have last year. Kuhlman is a depth player the Jets didn't have on the right side, certainly an upgrade over calling up Poganski or waiver pickup Adam Brooks. Reichel is down on the depth chart. As is Toninato who can't get back in the lineup. So I think there's an upgrade in depth at forward. And an upgrade in special teams because of those changes.

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Scheif can command what the market will bare. It will depend on who else is on the market. Someone will over pay, we’ll have to pay a good contract to keep him I assume. He had to feel like he left some money on the table for his last contract so I’m sure he’ll want to get the best contract that he can.

For sure it was initiated by some unfortunate poking, I’m just surprised to the level that it dominated their conversation a day later. It’s like they were doing “your mom jokes” and a day later were still going.

Lot of frustrated moms in Edmonton

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Of course he will get paid. Very few #1 centers ever make it to market. Those that do get overpaid due to scarcity. Saying that I think the Jets make every effort to get him and Helly signed this July.
I think Scheifele is undervalued by Jets fans, especially after 'the malaise'..

Fact remains he just notched his 8th consecutive 20 goal season and looks prime to score 40 this year.

He's big, strong, is beastly at cycling and very hard to separate from the puck on the wall.

This season he's seemed to remember that defense is part of his job and whilst he'll never be a stalwart in that area, he's doing enough to make his offensive production full value to winning.

Other teams fans and broadcasters always fawn on him and say they'd love him on their team.

If he's not top 10 I think he's damn close, he will get paid.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think Scheifele is undervalued by Jets fans, especially after 'the malaise'..

Fact remains he just notched his 8th consecutive 20 goal season and looks prime to score 40 this year.

He's big, strong, is beastly at cycling and very hard to separate from the puck on the wall.

This season he's seemed to remember that defense is part of his job and whilst he'll never be a stalwart in that area, he's doing enough to make his offensive production full value to winning.

Other teams fans and broadcasters always fawn on him and say they'd love him on their team.

If he's not top 10 I think he's damn close, he will get paid.
He may have been undervalued - and not just by a few
Mainly due to your comment in bold - although he has always been able to put up the points, he is looking like a different player TY. And that difference is what makes him a top center in this league (IMO).

Reactions: Jets 31

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
He may have been undervalued - and not just by a few
Mainly due to your comment in bold - although he has always been able to put up the points, he is looking like a different player TY. And that difference is what makes him a top center in this league (IMO).
3 of the other teams in Canada have better #1 centres and Edmonton has 2. Mathews, McD, Petersson. Canadian teams we have a better centre than are Calgary, Mtl, and Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad