Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 Coliers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
We might shit on other fanbases but we don’t say if Oilers didn’t have McD they’d be useless. We don’t say why do they employ Nurse as a #1 what a joke.
That's exactly what we say lol. And they're both true. For the record, it amuses me that the Oilers can be so useless (at times) WITH McDavid. But I'm also emotionally intelligent enough to acknowledge that I'm still butthurt from them owning us in the 80s.

And without helle we lose last night. Also true.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
That's exactly what we say lol. And they're both true. For the record, it amuses me that the Oilers can be so useless (at times) WITH McDavid. But I'm also emotionally intelligent enough to acknowledge that I'm still butthurt from them owning us in the 80s.

And without helle we lose last night. Also true.
Naa at least it’s not how I think I’d think what’s wrong with Schief if he was half the player Mcdavid is remember when he talked about wanting to be the best in the world grumble grumble is more along the lines I think.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Karson Kuhlman : "He's fast, he works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has never scored much of anything ever anywere and can't finish, and I've never heard of him until we claimed him but he's intriguing at the young age of 27"

Jesse Puljujarvi : "He's fast, works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has scored well outside the NHL but can't score and can't finish in the NHL, and he's weird and "European", he doesn't act how I think people should act, and he's old at 24. Ew, no interest".

The waiver love on this forum will never stop being funny.

They are waiver wire players for a reason. When the team gets healthy most will go back on waivers.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Pionk is the one that ought to be traded, not Heinola.
Personally I would not trade Pionk. He won us a game a little while back with a hard slapper, right under the bar. You could say he also won us that game last night against the Oilers. He's getting better all the time, and with Bowness pushing the defensman to join the rush, Pionk will put up a lot of points this year, as will Morrissey. Our 2 best hybrid offensive defenseman, are Josh, and Pionk.

Defenceman I would not trade right now would be Morrissey, Pionk and Dillon. I say Dillon because he's big and tough, and will protect some of our smaller talented players, which I think is very important, as players play bad when scared.

The 2 defenseman I'd consider trading is Heinola, who has not yet proved himself, and Schmidt, because of his Cap hit, and his age. The return would have to be very good, or right now, I'd just stand pat, as team chemistry is good. I should add that Heinola looks to be playing a lot better now, and with more confidence, but is not that strong in the defensive end, but getting better.

Reactions: Inanna

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why would we trade anyone right now. Heinola showing he can play is a good thing and something this team us going to need next year when we hopefully retain Dubois etc.

You move on from Pionk/Schmidt in the offseason as we can only afford to pay one of the two for what they bring in a cap league. You need cost controlled young players so that you can allocate money to positions of need I.e the teams forward core.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why would we trade anyone right now. Heinola showing he can play is a good thing and something this team us going to need next year when we hopefully retain Dubois etc.
You move on from Pionk/Schmidt in the offseason as we can only afford to pay one of the two for what they bring in a cap league. You need cost controlled young players so that you can allocate money to positions of need I.e the teams forward core.
i mean Pionk and Schmidt at least put up points!

Reactions: GNP

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pionk is still putting up points at a decent pace. Two last night, I’m not sure if Heinola has any since being brought up. But yes moving a more expensive Pionk would open up a lot of cap space.

No stop gap measure players get a bump until they get taken out of the line up altogether. Key word is stop gap measure. Pul will cost too much and we may as well use those pieces for someone who has proven more, or has more potential.

Ahh, more proven and with higher upside like Mason Appleton.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hopefully we have learnt something after the Hayes deal. We have not traded a 2nd for a rental since. Also I doubt he goes only for a second but that’s just my opinion.

Also punching down is pathetic that’s why the rule of comedy is you ar3 supposed to punch up.

Puljujarvi isn't a rental.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

i mean Pionk and Schmidt at least put up points!

I mean they aren't exactly putting up a tonne of points.

Pionk is pacing 35 on the year and Schmidt is pacing a whopping 16.

I'm sure we can find someone who can put up.16 points for much less than 6 million.

Reactions: hn777

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Exactly! You nailed it! Because the 4th we traded for Apple is equal to the 2nd + I think it would cost!

You're right, look at the second rounders we drafted on this team.

Chads, all of them.

I mean they aren't exactly putting up a tonne of points.

Pionk is pacing 35 on the year and Schmidt is pacing a whopping 16.

I'm sure we can find someone who can put up.16 points for much less than 6 million.

At least Nate was playing good D with Dillon.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You're right, look at the second rounders we drafted on this team.

Chads, all of them.

At least Nate was playing good D with Dillon.
And what is your problem with ppl named Chad? What’s poolparties 1st name? Jesse.
Also Samberg our 2nd isn’t doing much worse than Heinola our 1st.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I know the fewer games we play in the next couple of weeks means the walking wounded miss fewer games but I still want a game every second day.

The team needs the rest/practice but the greedy fans want their entertainment.

It would be great if the Stars could hit a little losing streak in California this week.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
And what is your problem with ppl named Chad? What’s poolparties 1st name? Also Samberg our 2nd isn’t doing much worse than Heinola our 1st.

Chad is just that kind of guy.

Samberg is fine, he's a replacement level dman. Puljujarvi could be a f***ing steal because he is a player who has put up great underlying and defensive numbers but hasn't been able to put it together in the land of no development that is Deadmonton. This year everyones wheels have fallen off at 5v5. They're just a bad team.

We all like Barron, Lowry, etc. Imagine them with better skating and hands, but he's like Andrew Copp where he hasn't quite put together where to make the pass to, where to be to receive the pass, etc.

Trade some mid pick+ for him so the Oilers get cap space. We get, at worst, an upgrade on the third line, with the option to re-sign him or walk away.

I'd much rather that than some geriatric rental having an okay year or a waste of a pick for a Zach Sanford.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I can see the "big cost" the Jets have incurred by trading their previous years 1st round picks, for "rentals" like Kevin Hayes, and Stastny. You can clearly see the lack of depth this causes when you have to acquire wire waiver players like Gagner, and many others. Our 3rd and 4 th lines do not have much depth right now, although the Swedish meatball line is not bad, but not great either, other than a pure checking line. I think your better off to wait, and keep your first round picks, and build depth for the future.
The Jets have used 19 forwards already this year because of injury. Two of whom were acquired through waivers, 4 of whom passed through waivers. To win takes depth, and I am glad we have a GM like Chevy who gets it. The Jets have got contributions from all sorts of players, and not just points, special team contributions. A lot of people on here still haven't been able to equate having a top 6 PK with all those points in the standings...they look for other stats that don't tell the whole picture.

It's a big change from last year when there wasn't enough talent to promote anyone.

Small time signings like Gagner, Maenalanen, Stenlund and Capobianco have all played positive roles.

I think the window for this team is only 2 years, so it's a tough spot for Chevy to be in. I'm sure the future is important for him, but his employer would probably like a good playoff run, for revenue's sake. With the future of Dubois and other stars in question beyond this year, I think that he has to give his stars the best possible playoff roster he can field. Assuming the Jets are in a playoff spot in late Feb/Mar. There's still the assessment of at least 5-6 young players in starting and depth roles which will impact how he proceeds. Injuries as well.

Last edited:

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
I love that HF Oilers are still obsessing over ripping on Winnipeg as a city. Maybe their #1 ranked PP should have scored a goal on one of their 4 chances.
Apparently Deadmontonians claim their city to be 'elite'. Guess the refineries and a dated shopping centre are their metrics of status. Delusions of grandeur over there.

#forever1990

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The Jets have used 19 forwards already this year because of injury. Two of whom were acquired through waivers, 4 of whom passed through waivers. To win takes depth, and I am glad we have a GM like Chevy who gets it. The Jets have got contributions from all sorts of players, and not just points, special team contributions. A lot of people on here still haven't been able to equate having a top 6 PK with all those points in the standings...they look for other stats that don't tell the whole picture.

It's a big change from last year when there wasn't enough talent to promote anyone.

Small time signings like Gagner, Maenalanen, Stenlund and Capobianco have all played positive roles.

I think the window for this team is only 2 years, so it's a tough spot for Chevy to be in. I'm sure the future is important for him, but his employer would probably like a good playoff run, for revenue's sake. With the future of Dubois and other stars in question beyond this year, I think that he has to give his stars the best possible playoff roster he can field. Assuming the Jets are in a playoff spot in late Feb/Mar. There's still the assessment of at least 5-6 young players in starting and depth roles which will impact how he proceeds. Injuries as well.
Not enough talent to promote guys last year... huh? There was more talent in the system last year than this year

With a healthy roster we had copp and Stas in the bottom six... Chevy's waiver pickups are the same as every year the difference is that we have a system that players cam understand and fill a role. It enables them to perform

Reactions: hn777

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I love that HF Oilers are still obsessing over ripping on Winnipeg as a city. Maybe their #1 ranked PP should have scored a goal on one of their 4 chances.
They're probably pissed they only got 4 chances. There were a couple of times where I'm sure a jets player bumped into mcjesus accidently and should have received 5 minutes for molesting the saviour

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

To be fair to them they started only after a few Jets fans (a couple I've never seen post on this board even) went there to troll.

But yeah, they're a bit out to lunch if they think Edmonton is anything more than a bigger Winnipeg. That guy talking about population growth hasn't got his numbers right. But yeah. Bigger Winnipeg.

Reactions: Stumbledore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad