Jesse Puljujarvi Possible Breakout Season.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Can't wait for his breakout wrist shot and breakout forecheck on his breakout shift.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Preseason, people. Preseason means absolutely nothing.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I am fans of many players. There are plenty threads of various players in general discussion, none on Puljujarvi so when he puts up 3 points in a game, preseason or not, its worth noting since most fans are waiting for him to break out. Further I don't post on the Oilers forum or any team's forum. I don't know what your are objecting to? You are free not to participate if you do not like the topic. The General Discussion board is to discuss players. If you are interested in ascending players and Puljujarvi is possibly one of them this year. This will be a good place to come discuss his game.

Because this is nothing more than a prospect having a good game. Good for him but I highly doubt when he gets full time minutes in the NHL that he is going to look back at that preseason game vs. the Jets as the game where things really took off for him.

He's not even the only rookie to do so. Logan Brown in Ottawa had 2 goals and an assist. Rob Thomas had 2 goals for St. Louis. It makes for good discussion on the individual teams forums about prospects but that's about it...that's what I'm implying. Breakout games don't happen in preseason.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Appreciate that. I will let Puljujarvi's games speak for themselves if indeed the premise I brought up today, of last night's game being a turning point for comes true.

Which can be summed up in the tweet below.

Every player who has ever been playing poorly then had a good game has said that. Every. Single. One.

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Poorly timed thread by OP. Has left us Oiler fans having to defend a somewhat lucky period from JP.

Chances are he doesn't crack the starting lineup - but hopefully he's an early call-up.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Sent back to the minors today.

I have no doubt that he will be a solid NHL player today but this is why we can't ever get worked up over pre-season games.

There is no genesis from a pre-season game.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Was last night's pre season game the turning point for Jesse Puljuravi? Always thought it was just a matter of time before he broke out as a player as most Finnish players need some time to adjust the NHL. 2G, 1A, 1st star.

If yes, we may be in for something special if he plays with McDavid and Maroon this upcoming season. And last night was the genesis for this.
No..

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
There is no genesis from a pre-season game.

Eh, they can serve as a sign that a player is ready for at least a crack at the next level- like Yamamoto, who will dress in his place instead. That's of course no guarantee Yammy actually sticks; he will have to earn that as well.

However, Pulju failed to do the very thing I said he's struggled with since last year- perform consistently. Draisaitl was a similar player at the same age so I don't have a ton of concern, but yeah, this thread is bad and the OP should feel bad.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Have you ever known HF as anything other than a haven of hyperventilating, hyperbolic hockey nerds?

So that's what the H stands for? I always thought it was just a silent emphasis in the middle of Leahf Boards.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Dubois was tied for the lead in points for the Jackets preseason with Panarin and Bjorkstrand.

Does that mean he's due for a breakout season?

He's also made his NHL team, is he still a bust?

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Puljujarvi will be an NHL player eventually. He just isn't quite there yet, hopefully his point production increases this year in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad