Jesse Puljujarvi Possible Breakout Season.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've only seen him a few times, but when I did I thought of Mike Grier, a good player who won't score a ton but makes an impact.

You know the difference between PooPoo and Mike Grier? Grier actually scored 20 goals in a season for the Oilers!

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I really do hope so. Puljujarvi got in the NHL, very early in his career. It didn't work out. He was almost traded away from Edmonton, as the rumors were saying. Then, he had a good year back in Finland, a little better than his pre-draft years. He is now back in the NHL. You can tell he still struggles with the language, but I can see that he is trying to make it work! I really do hope it works out for him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Let's hold our horses a bit. Jesse is going to be a useful player. I already thought he was useful years ago up until the year he needed double hip surgery. Is he going to be a fixture next to McDavid? Not sure. He's been on the ice for one 5v5 goal for so far this year. We can get excited when he starts helping the offense more than that.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Hes a way better skater than I remembered. Did he get faster or did I just for some reason think he was average or below average?

I doubt he ever lives up to his draft potential but I bet he becomes a solid and effective middle 6 winger with size and speed. I think his hockey IQ will always hold him back from playing like a top 5 pick though.

At the time when Jarmo picked PLD, people ragged on him and called him crazy. That is looking like a great call. I can’t imagine drafting a guy on raw talent over hockey IQ tbh. Too many examples of supremely skilled guys with all the tools in the world, not being good pros due to a lack of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad