Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi 2022-2023 Season (MOD note in OP)

Winston Butterworth

Feb 7, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone still think he's worth a 3rd rounder?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225_140839_Sportsnet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225_140839_Sportsnet.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
3 points in his last 5 GP and basically got the assist with the forecheck help on Foegele's goal today.

Jay won't play him over Yamamoto, who is an absolute ghost, for no reason at this point.

I think he's a bottom-six player who can help stabilize a top-six line in times of defensive need, but Jay has no use for him anymore and it's dumb.

He's not going to be the breakout star player we hoped, but re-signing him for cheap would be a good move.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
When asked about how he feels about loosing Barrie, McDavid begins his answer with:

"And Jesse too. I've played with Jesse a long time, and it's sad to see him go".

I take back all my posts where I wondered whether Jesse and Connor didn't get along.

Ok

Feb 9, 2013
When asked about how he feels about loosing Barrie, McDavid begins his answer with:

"And Jesse too. I've played with Jesse a long time, and it's sad to see him go".

I take back all my posts where I wondered whether Jesse and Connor didn't get along.

He was being a Captain ... that is all

Reactions: Macheteops

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

As fans and that applies to media as well, we see only the tip of the iceberg of team dynamics including player interactions and relationships. It's easy to jump this canyon sized void with idle speculation based on watching games and maybe on rare occasion seeing a negative interaction on the bench without context of a whole picture of the team dynamic.

These people live in close quarters together for 8-9 months of a year together extending to multiple years for a big chunk of them. There will always be disagreements with 'brothers' and not everyone will necessarily like one another and choose to hang out with down time.

A consistent theme we hear from new guys like E. Kane and Kostin is how welcoming the team is and credit extended to its leadership group. Puljujarvi has his flaws as a player and bares significant accountability for his sputtered development along with the Oilers past failed regime. But nice to see and hear McDavid's words on the human side of the business which requires tough decisions that override feelings'. We never get to the heart of the inner world of a pro team's player dynamics and to easily can slip into perceptions and innuendos (often fuelled by media who can also share an incomplete big picture).

Puljujarvi has now moved on to a new team and a new opportunity which will have comfort with long-time friends and a structured environment with an excellent coach. Will wish Jesse well to harness this incredible raw gifts and keep that wonderful spirit shining. Time to turn the page and opportunity for us all to put to rest hardened personal opinions about a big lug with good fortune to play pro hockey for a living.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As fans and that applies to media as well, we see only the tip of the iceberg of team dynamics including player interactions and relationships. It's easy to jump this canyon sized void with idle speculation based on watching games and maybe on rare occasion seeing a negative interaction on the bench without context of a whole picture of the team dynamic.

These people live in close quarters together for 8-9 months of a year together extending to multiple years for a big chunk of them. There will always be disagreements with 'brothers' and not everyone will necessarily like one another and choose to hang out with down time.

A consistent theme we hear from new guys like E. Kane and Kostin is how welcoming the team is and credit extended to its leadership group. Puljujarvi has his flaws as a player and bares significant accountability for his sputtered development along with the Oilers past failed regime. But nice to see and hear McDavid's words on the human side of the business which requires tough decisions that override feelings'. We never get to the heart of the inner world of a pro team's player dynamics and to easily can slip into perceptions and innuendos (often fuelled by media who can also share an incomplete big picture).

Puljujarvi has now moved on to a new team and a new opportunity which will have comfort with long-time friends and a structured environment with an excellent coach. Will wish Jesse well to harness this incredible raw gifts and keep that wonderful spirit shining. Time to turn the page and opportunity for us all to put to rest hardened personal opinions about a big lug with good fortune to play pro hockey for a living.
And I don't know if people know this but....
You can dislike working with someone but love them as a person.

I could very much believe Connor didn't like playing with him because his wasting of scoring chances etc was really frustrating. But then as soon as the game was over loved to joke around and hang out with them.

I worked with a friend who at work we would be yelling at eachother and constantly butting heads. As soon as work was over we would be at the bar having a few beers and having a great time.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I'd be willing to sign him if he fired Lehto and understood that he's not a top 6 player. And for league min

Otherwise I'm avoiding him and his agent just like I'd avoid any Alan Walsh client.

I’d easily take Walsh clients before a Lehto client. Walsh might be difficult at times but at least he knows what he’s talking about. Lehto is clueless. That said, my biggest issue with Jesse is definitely expectations as well. If he took something like 3 or 4 years at 1 million to be a bottom 6er, he has a place when healthy.

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad