Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
This is always a funny post to read. Dude...we are in a hockey forum. As mad as we can be or seem to be, once the post is done, I still go on with my life and actually not using a psychologist because somebody was mad about a post I made...lol. Yeah, you can like whatever player you want, but IN CONTEXT, the one and ONLY reason you continually write on a Montreal Canadiens board is because you are first and foremost the fan of THIS team. The success of THIS team comes first and second. If you are a fan of the NHL and don't have any attachment to any team, fine. Be a fan of the league. But this is not what the majority of people are here about. People in here, in majority, have 2 purposes....hoping their team win. Hoping to win their point. So, in majority, if you want a player that we traded to succeed, it's mostly because you want to put it on Bergie's face or because you want to prove it to a poster who said it wouldn't be that big of a deal....And the opposite is also true.

So you are in the minority that truly appreciates the player and REALLY wish him well because somehow you came attached to that playaer? Fine. My post wasn't for you.

Thinking this is not a kind of war crap as you call it makes me think you are not in these boards a whole lot...and the thing is...you actually are.

you take this shit way too seriously.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
To be honest, he tried to make a pass to #72 who's on the board but missed it and dropped it in the slot. Still a sh*tty play.

I'm not sure how he "tried to make a pass" to a guy on the boards, but it went backwards (backhand pass) to the slot. It looked like a droppass breakout to a guy who wasn't there. Was he supposed to be there? Who knows, still very dangerous play to make there and a sure way to get stapled to the bench.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Everone knows full well that he's not a 6M center, i c'uding the Canes management.

You dont poach RFA's by offering them fair contracts, you poach then by offering too much.

Right and lots of posters are complaining the MB should have matched. That's crazy. I think Baseball Coach even used the Quinn Hughes contract as a comparable..... yikes!

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Right and lots of posters are complaining the MB should have matched. That's crazy. I think Baseball Coach even used the Quinn Hughes contract as a comparable..... yikes!

Not matching was 100% the right call, and I'm impressed that MB was able to flip the pick immediately for an adequate immediate replacement - under a good contract.

Still disapointed about losing a former third overall, but sometimes you have to cut losses

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm not sure how he "tried to make a pass" to a guy on the boards, but it went backwards (backhand pass) to the slot. It looked like a droppass breakout to a guy who wasn't there. Was he supposed to be there? Who knows, still very dangerous play to make there and a sure way to get stapled to the bench.

He didn't attempt a backhand pass. He fanned his pass to Drury (#72) on the board. The goal is 100% on him but it's a failure in execution not a failure to chose the right play.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Other than criticizing the use of the pick on this player, my only problem is the timing of it. If you want to offersheet a player, and if the player wants to sign it, at least have the integrity to do so early on the first day of FA like the Aho offersheet, allowing the other team to make a decision on matching, and still have the ability to sign someone to replace the player if they choose not to. That the two parties waited as long as they did to announce it, screw them both, and I hope for the worst for both Carolina and Kotkaniemoney.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
He didn't attempt a backhand pass. He fanned his pass to Drury (#72) on the board. The goal is 100% on him but it's a failure in execution not a failure to chose the right play.

Kind of silly to be arguing about this, but I looked at it again and please show me the evidence that he "fanned" on the pass. He clearly put the puck on his backhand and made a blind pass behind him. I can forgive a whiff.... poor execution.... Not that he's looking for my forgiveness, but it wasn't a fanned pass, it was an intended execution. There is no evidence to the contrary other than maybe the excuse he gave when he went back to the bench that neither of us is privy to.

Reactions: angusyoung

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Yeah, I know. My bad. Just don't respond to me then. Never understood why people respond to posters they don't appreciate or posts they don't find interesting. It's a mystery.

The biggest own people think of on the internet is saying someone takes things too seriously. Instant gratification, truly

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Kind of silly to be arguing about this, but I looked at it again and please show me the evidence that he "fanned" on the pass. He clearly put the puck on his backhand and made a blind pass behind him. I can forgive a whiff.... poor execution.... Not that he's looking for my forgiveness, but it wasn't a fanned pass, it was an intended execution. There is no evidence to the contrary other than maybe the excuse he gave when he went back to the bench that neither of us is privy to.

It's pretty obvious here:

~12s in.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Interesting that he's starting out on LW on the top line with Aho...obviously, the Canes want to give him as much chance as possible to justify that offer sheet.

It's almost like they want him to succeed and are giving him as much opportunity to do it.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Nope, not everybody sees this as some sort of war crap, just entertainment nothing else, so a Habs player they liked is now somewhere else ? not a good enough reason to stop liking said player.

the only thing KK is going to shoot in life is pucks at a net, chill out.
Just like when Eller was moved out. I was still pulling for him. And how many fans hated on Roy and other that still followed him, in fact many Hab fans becoming Avs fans because of Roy. That was a nonesense comment. I am free to cheer for individuals that aren't on the habs and still be a habs fan. There is a sickness in our society of US vs THEM at all costs. I don't like it. And its getting worse.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Yeah, I know. My bad. Just don't respond to me then. Never understood why people respond to posters they don't appreciate or posts they don't find interesting. It's a mystery.
If that statement was true, which it isn't, we wouldn't have a forum at all.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
The thing about Kotkaniemi is that he's been told what he needs to do to improve and become a better player but he thinks he's perfect as is and doesn't think he needs to do anything.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The thing about Kotkaniemi is that he's been told what he needs to do to improve and become a better player but he thinks he's perfect as is and doesn't think he needs to do anything.
History has shown that such attitude is very prevalent in busts . Does not mean that everyone who is like that ends up busting, but the likelihood is way higher.
In a way dont only apply to hockey players, but to most sports and even non sports professions.
In real life, as a corporate lawyer for many years, i have seen bad attitude ivy league graduates, start with all, and fail miserably, and by the same token, seen barely educated hard and smart working (and especially sponges when it comes to learning) move up in the structure to lead companies.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavePeak and Max2

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
the thing about KK actually is... there's posters on an internet forum he probably never heard of who knows what he thinks. :eek2:

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Canes did not get a hockey player, they've got a young guy social media type look, he look similar with actor who plays McGiver. Kotkababy will be followed by hords of teenage girls on twitter, tok and facebook, people of all age love those golden boy of the moment succeed or not and trying again and making his laundry. There will be a black market of his underwears, oups, sorry ... :laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If that statement was true, which it isn't, we wouldn't have a forum at all.

There is a difference between disagreeing through different point of views, and responding to people by snarkly responding as a post was totally stupid or not worthy to respond to....

In the topic of not having a forum at all, talk to the people who ask me to shut up 'cause I don't have the credentials to criticize the management. I mean....who does here? Who in this forum was an ex-GM? lol

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Interesting that he's starting out on LW on the top line with Aho...obviously, the Canes want to give him as much chance as possible to justify that offer sheet.

It's almost like they want him to succeed and are giving him as much opportunity to do it.
Clearly. I kind of figured it would happen. He'll slowly drop down, I'm sure.

Reactions: 417

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just like when Eller was moved out. I was still pulling for him. And how many fans hated on Roy and other that still followed him, in fact many Hab fans becoming Avs fans because of Roy. That was a nonesense comment. I am free to cheer for individuals that aren't on the habs and still be a habs fan. There is a sickness in our society of US vs THEM at all costs. I don't like it. And its getting worse.

lol...well isn't it what sports is all about? Us vs them? Are we happy that the Bruins won the Cup 'cause you know....it's fun to see people be happy? Are we in a league where everybody should get points for participating? I think that the ultimate goal is to see our team win. And if an ex-player comes in and beat us, I won't be happy for him. You will? Fine. To each their own. I do think that a lot of people take that route because it's a way to diminuish their dissapointment to see a people thrive elsewhere instead of here. I liked Eller too. I thought he was unfairly treated here. But hoping he'd win the Cup? Why? 'CAuse he's a great person? I have no idea. 'Cause he's a great player? Well tons of greats didn't win anything.

But hey, to each their own. One thing I know....like I said, a reason why I should hope ex-players do well is to prove how inept a GM Bergie is and yet...even I can't do that. I might have smiled when Eller won...but never was happy....'cause it means another f***ing year to not be a relevant team.

Reactions: Marc BergeFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad