Injury Report: Jason Zucker (Cleared)

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
but he does have a rep around the league, and it isn't for nothing.

Walz' had a good point in his tweets...Perry being suspended probably hurts the Wild. would have helped us if he was there and the Ducks won all the rest of their games.

IDK he had this pissed off look in his eyes like he was seeing red from a wild fan taking pictures of his team. He looked possessed after he saw me.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
This league has a major problem. It won't be long before checking is out of the game. It's too risky to hit a player.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
This league has a major problem. It won't be long before checking is out of the game. It's too risky to hit a player.

According to NHL.com, there were 34 hits in this game. Just incase they're counting Perry's hit on Zucker, let's say 33. Hitting is fine. Players just need to be smarter and avoid making hits like these.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I can live with 4. I was hoping and praying for 5+ (the + part was dashed last night when they said phone interview), I was expecting 1 or 2, I am almost pleasantly surprised he got 4.

According to NHL.com, there were 34 hits in this game. Just incase they're counting Perry's hit on Zucker, let's say 33. Hitting is fine. Players just need to be smarter and avoid making hits like these.

Another thing that needs to happen in both the NHL and NFL is players equipment needs to be looked at and modified such that it still offers excellent protection, but can no longer be used as a weapon. In both sports, the heavy armor has led to more force being applied in all hits because the armor confers a feeling of invulnerability on the wearer. As armor gets bigger, so do the hits that are delivered while wearing it because the player doesnt think he will take any damage from his own hits anymore.

Additionally, both leagues should look at helmets that are designed to steer as much force as possible around the head instead of through it. Basically a helmet that will shatter on heavy impact, taking as much of the concussive force as possible with it. Or outer padded helmets. Neither one will do much, but every fractional G counts in collisions involving the head.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Fewer hits... healthier players... more goals... profit... everybody wins!

Seriously though, every time somebody makes this argument, I laugh hysterically. It's one of the dumbest slippery slope arguments I ever hear.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

To further your point, I did some research...

There were 55,986 official hits last season (according to NHL.com)
40 suspension
15 fines

0.0982% of the hits last season resulted in supplemental discipline. That's less than 1/10th of 1%.

It's hardly going to make a dent.

Last edited:

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well especially when it comes to that team I would've like to seen some players look to get even and retaliate, but having said that you still need to keep it clean because otherwise that makes us no better then those pathetic lowlifes

******* Corey Perry, and heaven help me I hate that team, can't wait to see them lose this d**s*** in FA.

That is why they are and always will be known only as the ********

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Coach Bombay wouldn't have let this happen.

Coach Bombay is too unorthadox.

I mean a girl Goalie? And relying so heavily on the knucklepuck, something that succeeds due to its unpredictability is risky, not to mention his zone entries are predictable and generally offside. And don't get me started on the "move" he made charlie do in that penalty shot, talk about killing creativity!

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
I'm good with 4. Perry is a d bag and it was as dirty as it gets...anyone see what he did to giroux back in 09? Watch the video...hes had intent to injure before

PRo0902

Oct 25, 2007
Coach Bombay wouldn't have let this happen.

He would have had them taking dives, so Zucker would have been on his way down before Perry even got to him. Then we would get the obligatory crowd shot of Jesse and Terry's dad looking on disapprovingly.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yeah i was listening to KFAN this morning and it sounds like Zucker could be ready as soon as next game after tonight. That would be great.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Yeah i was listening to KFAN this morning and it sounds like Zucker could be ready as soon as next game after tonight. That would be great.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, Malkin was "ready" as well now he's out 1-2 weeks, Concussions are tricky as heck, he could be 100% fine he could be out months.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm taking this with a grain of salt, Malkin was "ready" as well now he's out 1-2 weeks, Concussions are tricky as heck, he could be 100% fine he could be out months.
Malkin is out now with a shoulder injury not sure why you are connecting that to his concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad