Injury Report: Jason Zucker (Cleared)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
whatever it is, he better be honest to the trainers about how he feels after a lite skate. don't want him shrugging it off then when his blood really gets going up at game speed lose his balance and vision.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
He looked okay. He wasn't pushing it (i.e. skating hard or with the others) but skated for over half an hour, maybe longer. If he was having serious headaches, dizziness, or other problems he wouldn't have been on the ice at all or for longer than a few minutes. Guessing he's banged up and sore today but last one on the ice was a good sign. If he felt fine, next step would be pushing harder on the ice, more evaluations, etc.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Update from Zucker himself:
Thanks to everyone for the get well texts and tweets, I appreciate the support! I am doing better today and hope to be playing soon! #MNWild

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
I looked at the play as Perry trying to finish a check. It was a second late, and deserves a suspension but I think 2 games would be more fair. I don't think there was any intent on Perry's part.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think it doesn't matter how late it was. It was a hit to the head and the main part about it was how dangerous was. Who cares if it was a second late or 5 seconds late? If the NHL wants to do something about hits to the head and player safety this suspension makes perfect sense. How can you teach anything to someone or others by only suspending them for a game or two?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I looked at the play as Perry trying to finish a check. It was a second late, and deserves a suspension but I think 2 games would be more fair. I don't think there was any intent on Perry's part.

probably got two for lying. said he tried to let up, which he obviously didn't.

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
Does there really need to be intent? I think the point of these rules is to make players aware of what they are doing at all times. Maybe next time Perry doesn't line a guy up for a blindsided hit because its not worth it. Careers can be ended without any malicious intent.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Just watched the Perry video from DoPS. Completely let Zucker off hook for his role in collision. Disagree w/ 4 games. Should be half that

Opinions like that are what I don't understand. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with hockey (started being a fan in about 2004ish, became a HUGE fan about 4-5 years ago) but I cannot comprehend how a hit can be blamed on the person receiving it. I've heard the term admiring a pass and things like that but when it comes down to the actual hit isn't it always going to be the fault of the hitter in terms of where he hits the hittee?

All I'm trying to say is that this could have been avoided and Perry's hit was an extremely dangerous play. I can't see how any of the blame can be put on Zucker.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I expected 2 games. Interesting that he got 4.

Perry was looking for Zucker since they ran into each other and Zucker knocked Perry's stick loose. You can see Perry focusing on hitting Zucker immediately after their initial collision. IMO, he wasn't finishing his check, he was trying to retaliate on Zucker for an incidental collision.

Syan Ruter

Snusmumriken
Nov 8, 2012
If the league wants to minimize concussions and injuries, this suspension makes perfect sense. I agree, a 1 game suspension isn't gonna cut it, no matter what it is. Nobody learns from that. Statistically it seems like Raffi Torres learned his lesson after the hit on Hossa. How long was the suspension, 20+ games? Imho, 4 games should be the bare MINIMUM amount of time for a check this severe.

Billy Mays Here*

Actually pretty surprised that he got that much. Was expecting one to two game, but I'm happy that goon got more. He could've hit Zucker in the shoulder/side of his body with a normal body check, but instead he went for the head.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011

Perry was looking for Zucker since they ran into each other and Zucker knocked Perry's stick loose. You can see Perry focusing on hitting Zucker immediately after their initial collision. IMO, he wasn't finishing his check, he was trying to retaliate on Zucker for an incidental collision.

You are correct sir thats why it should be 4 or more he hunted Zucker down! Let up my arse

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

I missed the beginning of the game but this is totally believable to me. Perry is a D-Bag. Awhile ago I showed up early for warmups at the X when the Ducks were in town. While taking pictures from behind the Ducks net, Perry noticed me with the camera and started firing pucks off the glass right where my head was. Was not expecting that...

Last edited:

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I missed the beginning of the game but this is totally believable to me. Perry is a D-Bag. Awhile ago I showed up early for warmups at the X when the Ducks were in town. While taking pictures from behind the Ducks net, Perry noticed me with the Camera and started firing pucks off the glass right where my head was. Was not expecting that...

eh...that's more funny than d-baggy.
but he does have a rep around the league, and it isn't for nothing.

Walz' had a good point in his tweets...Perry being suspended probably hurts the Wild. would have helped us if he was there and the Ducks won all the rest of their games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad