Injury Report: Jason Zucker (Cleared)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if your not on the ice when it happens, dont you need a green light from the coach to go 4 it? in the 80's / northstars days that would have been a bench clearer.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
I feel like Yeo (and to an extent Koivu) really try to enforce a "no retaliation" policy on the ice, instead getting the PP and trying to score there.

Too bad the PP is really not that good right now :help:

Although I think the situation is similar to a lot of teams these days, with a few exceptions. Unless you've got an enforcer on the ice when the **** hits the fan (or some other tough guy), most of the time you won't see retaliation. Sucks I guess, but the NHL seems to want to make the sport more family friendly.

THEALLKNOWING*

I feel like Yeo (and to an extent Koivu) really try to enforce a "no retaliation" policy on the ice, instead getting the PP and trying to score there.

Too bad the PP is really not that good right now :help:

Although I think the situation is similar to a lot of teams these days, with a few exceptions. Unless you've got an enforcer on the ice when the **** hits the fan (or some other tough guy), most of the time you won't see retaliation. Sucks I guess, but the NHL seems to want to make the sport more family friendly.

When a team has trouble scoring at even strength, or on the power play like the Wild, they cannot be in the box.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Dirty ****ing Ducks... Every game we play against them... Last game Getzlaf was trying to get **** started all the time...

Let's do all out Slapshot on their arses next game and tear them a new one. I'm sick of this **** witht hat team. They pulled the exact same crap when they knocked us out of the playoffs, the last time we were in the playoffs...

Why don't we just bring the thunder on them! Just once!! Pound them into the ****ing ground. Enough is enough, geesus.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Dirty ****ing Ducks... Every game we play against them... Last game Getzlaf was trying to get **** started all the time...

Let's do all out Slapshot on their arses next game and tear them a new one. I'm sick of this **** witht hat team. They pulled the exact same crap when they knocked us out of the playoffs, the last time we were in the playoffs...

Why don't we just bring the thunder on them! Just once!! Pound them into the ****ing ground. Enough is enough, geesus.

Would be nice. I know Rupp wanted to go a few times last night and the crew kept breaking it up, probably trying to make that NOT happen unfortunately.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Would be nice. I know Rupp wanted to go a few times last night and the crew kept breaking it up, probably trying to make that NOT happen unfortunately.

I noticed that too.

Seriously though, we've had way too many games that all follow a similar trend with these ****ing Ducks. They make the Bruins or Flyers look almost nice.

It's like the schoolyard bully who just keeps getting away with the same bs.

Well **** this! I don't even care if we lose the next game with them, and send ShanaIsuckatlife into overtime. Get out there and make them ever regret stepping on the ****ing ice!

They won't do it again if we do. We need to send a message at this point.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
does someone have video of Rupp going for it?

I saw it live with my own eyes at the X. I don't know if the TV cameras caught a lot of that or not, but there were a few times he tried to go, or was chirping and wanted to go and they immediately came in and stopped it or a Ducks player didn't bite.

The unsportsmanlike call on him was kind of their final straw, which he got later in the third.

It seems at least at home they hardly let our guys go this season which was interesting seeing how long the Konopka fight went for.

I don't know about everyone else, but being there live that felt like they fought an entire round of boxing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't know...I don't think there was any malicious intent by Perry to hurt Zucker. I think it was just want of those "bam bam" plays that happen quite often and if Zucker was a few inches taller, he probably wouldn't have been that badly hurt.

Was the hit late? Sure. Was it any worse than Coyle's hit on Stajan? No...the only difference is that Zucker suffered a significant injury.

My bet is that Perry gets a game or two, mainly because he's considered a repeat offender.

I just hope that Zucker is able to come back from this sooner rather than later. We need him on the ice.

The Boyle Sisters

six dollar papers
Sep 14, 2011
I felt sick to my stomach when I saw Zucker down on the ice, squirming. Hopefully nothing too serious (concussion).

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
#mnwild rookie Jason Zucker going on the ice in a track suit. according to russo

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
It is a good sign that the dr's were comfortable enough to allow him up and out on the ice just hours after the hit.

Yes symptoms can show up and linger but clearly they feel decent enough with him right now to allow some physical exertion.

Or it was never a concussion to begin with and some other injury?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It is a good sign that the dr's were comfortable enough to allow him up and out on the ice just hours after the hit.

Yes symptoms can show up and linger but clearly they feel decent enough with him right now to allow some physical exertion.

Or it was never a concussion to begin with and some other injury?

There's always that possibility...ribs? shoulder? jaw?

EDIT:

@murphPPress

Jason Zucker suffered concussion off Corey Perry hit per owner Craig Leipold; will be evaluated day to day #mnwild

Putting him on the ice is obviously part of that day to day evaluation...

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Putting him on the ice is obviously part of that day to day evaluation...

Yes, this is how I see it.

-How many fingers you see?
-Four.
-Good. Any headache, dizziness, exhaustion, vision disturbance?
-No.
-Do you feel ok?
-Yes I do.
-Ok, you can go and skate a bit, very lightly. Then we check it all again.

etc etc.. It doesn't mean he's fully ok, they're just evaluating him.

E: Good news.. he is good enough for that kind of evaluation.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Damn I hope this kid is ok. That 2nd line was coming together nicely and he was a key part of it.

He's also so young it would be a real shame to have his career threatened by something like this.

Billy Mays Here*

My guess is a few weeks, but they keep him out the rest of the season just to be safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad