Injury Report: Jason Spezza (Herniated disc - Back surgery - Out at least 2 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Maybe this is the player who is close to returning.
AJ said a week or so ago that he was close:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch

Mike Hoffman is on the ice here. #Sens

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
Ill say garbage until Mendes says otherwise.

Even so, Mendes DID report Spezza was close to returning in Februrary or March if I remember correctly. I believe he said he would return in a couple of weeks way back then.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Even so, Mendes DID report Spezza was close to returning in Februrary or March if I remember correctly. I believe he said he would return in a couple of weeks way back then.

He did but then Spezza had a setback.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
How does one source go from saying it's possible he will play in Game 3 while another says it doesn't look like he's close to returning? Granted, we don't know how good of a source Mike Boone is from Inside Out, BUT Rotoworld usually only reports on updates that are legitimate, they are a great source for player information in any sport.

Weren't we all joking that it would be crazy if Spezza stepped out on to the ice for Game 3 to an absolutely electric crowd and there would have been no reports on it before?

Mendes is the one more closely involved with the team but they could just not want it getting out ahead of time.

Not getting my hopes up, but this can certainly go either way still.

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
Wait, The Gazette reported it as well? A MONTREAL paper?

A Montreal paper stirring things up. With the whining over Gryba's hit, I would not want Spezza out there unless he has had an entire summer of core conditioning.

Milan the God*

The media knows nothing at all. It's impossible to say when he'll be back.

Iggy77

Oct 5, 2009
Ottawa, ON
I think we've gotten better info on the Sens injury situation from Montreal than the Ottawa media.

Renaud Lavoie first reported that Spezza had a setback before anyone else.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Montreal media got the scoop though.

However as others have said he hasn't skated once with the team, not even leaked footage of him at Sensplex.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Don't be a buzzkill, he very well could. You have no clue so don't pretend like you do.

The only three people that know?

MacLean, Murray and Spezza himself. Oh and Spezza's wife too.

Doctors, trainers, friends, teamates, his kids... Alot more than 3 ppl know whats going on...

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
He hasn't skated in any meaningful way yet, let alone practice. He's nowhere near close to coming back. This shouldn't even be an issue until he's cleared to even practice with the team, then he's probably a week after that.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Even if he comes back he won't be 100 percent and might be a liability like Karlsson was last game

Hard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad