Injury Report: Jason Spezza (Herniated disc - Back surgery - Out at least 2 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Even if he comes back he won't be 100 percent and might be a liability like Karlsson was last game

Hard choice

With the way the pp has been going, I hardly doubt that. Also anything that can make the checking line and shutdown pair not go against Turris will help this team. Thats all for the future though but the fact Spezza is skating can be taken as good sign but I dont expect him to be back till at least the 2nd round

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well we were told that the earliest video of Karlsson skating around after the injury was a leak and that the Senators did not want it coming out

Maybe they managed to keep Spezza's recovery under wraps?

Yeah, wishful thinking....

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
I doubt Spezza is coming back anytime soon, but hey, Karlsson and Cowen came back so who knows.

barabr10

UM ya that;s right
Jul 4, 2011
ottawa
All it really takes is to have a full practice with sens, just 1. It's playoff time the sens don't have time to let him have a weeks worth of practice. Yes, if he does play in this round he would have come back rushed and would probably be around 60% but thats all the sens really need, a 60% spezza should be enough to make an impact and improve the pp. I believe he's close to practicing.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Quite frankly, I wouldn't risk his long term health...

Back problems can be a lot like a concussion with their long term effects...

I wouldn't do that to myself, even if it was for $7

John Holmes*

Forget about Spezza. Let him come back when he is ready.

If it's next season...thems the breaks.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
I know he is not considerd a real source... But here is something to add to the speculation...

@***************: Despite #Sens & reporters saying Spezza is not close to return, a very important source told me he is closer than what EVERYONE thinks...

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Il en sait plus que moi. MT @felix1326: selon Mark Boone, de la gazette de Mtl, Spezza serait prêt a affronter le CH ce soir

Translation: He knows more than I do MT@Felix1326 Mark Boone from the MTL Gazette says that Spezza would be ready to take on the Habs tonight.

Again, it is what it is, speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me THAT much considering the Sens are not always honnest with the medias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->