Waived: Jaromir Jagr

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Nashville could actually use Jagr. We need another winger on our PP. Colton Sissons isn’t getting it done.

7 points in 22 games is nothing to sneeze at for a bottom 6 forward. Better than Watson, Aberg and Salomaki.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Didn't Ottawa just claim MPS, though? Don't think they can jump right back in and snag Jagr.

Doubt they'd even want to, but that's besides the point.

I'm not entirely familiar with the rules regarding waivers, but I don't see what that would have to do with anything, tbh.

damicius

Dec 10, 2008
Prague
make sense for Ottawa, with their current form, they have nothing to lose. Jagr can even improve their PP from 14% or what they have.
make sense for Vancouver if they want to send Vanek and Sedins out for some picks before TD. Jagr will bring some entertaiment to the bitter rest of season.
make sense for Florida, because they are worse without Jagr than with him.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
You think playing over 1700 games is “fizzling out”? Likely not a curse, just a lot of games.

True, I just thought it was interesting there's such a small spread at the top. Of the 4 guys who ever got to 1731 games, none of them made it past 36 additional games.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I might be different from most people here.

I have a long memory. He wasn't exactly a model player most of his career: he killed coaches and had many gambling issues.

I wish him well. He was talented, but he certainly wasn't all good all the time.

Reactions: thegoldenyear

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Got to assume the first 10-12 teams in waiver order would have zero use for Jagr since they know that they're out of it in terms of playoffs.

Some teams that I could see maybe showing some interest in the waiver order.

9th. Carolina
11th. Rangers
12th. Islanders
13th. Penguins
14th. Ducks

Reactions: jimdawg47

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
True, I just thought it was interesting there's such a small spread at the top. Of the 4 guys who ever got to 1731 games, none of them made it past 36 additional games.
Well you could say of all the players who made it to 1767 games, none of them could muster up 1 more game.

jimdawg47

Oct 31, 2011
Got to assume the first 10-12 teams in waiver order would have zero use for Jagr since they know that they're out of it in terms of playoffs.

9th. Carolina
11th. Rangers
12th. Islanders
13th. Penguins
14th. Ducks

I could see Carolina needing a veteran presences in the room. Carolina is within 5 points of second place of the toughest division in the NHL. It would be a tremendous reach and a story if they made it. They are very young and with Aho coming back from injury it also may slow their thought process. As for the upside they would add another veteran player with enough experience if they thought it would help. Phillip Di Giuseppe would be the odd man for the roster spot.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

9th. Carolina
11th. Rangers
12th. Islanders
13th. Penguins
14th. Ducks
id say its actually kinda ideal for them since hes not going to win them any games but can sell some tickets for a struggling team and mentor the younger guys the teams are building around

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Jagr just simply wants playing time. Don't think he really cares where he ends up beyond that.

So you have to look at teams that need a 1RW or a 2RW.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
id say its actually kinda ideal for them since hes not going to win them any games but can sell some tickets for a struggling team and mentor the younger guys the teams are building around

You might be right but i just don'tsee it happening. I think Jagr has enough clout where a team that is going no where this year wont bother wasting his time by adding him as a mentor role for 2 more months. If anyone is going to snag him it will be a contender looking for injury protection depth and veteran leadership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad