Waived: Jaromir Jagr

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Some people mentioned Jagr and the Olympics. I think I've read that a player who has played in NHL this season can't participate.

I got a feeling that Jagr will play for Czech in the World Hockey Championships in spring. I know that he has said that he is retired from national team games but I got a weird feeling he will play there for the Czechs. Would be cool.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Another "Tre" bungle

Huh?
He took a freebie pickup that didn't work out. The guy helped when he was in the lineup, and I think he really helped Jankowski and Bennett when he was in the lineup mentoring.

Neutral fan is a fun name for you, because you ain't.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Some people mentioned Jagr and the Olympics. I think I've read that a player who has played in NHL this season can't participate.

I got a feeling that Jagr will play for Czech in the World Hockey Championships in spring. I know that he has said that he is retired from national team games but I got a weird feeling he will play there for the Czechs. Would be cool.

I don’t think that’s the case. During world juniors they talked a lot about Mete going if he had been returned to juniors.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don’t think that’s the case. During world juniors they talked a lot about Mete going if he had been returned to juniors.

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Some Czech player might get injured and make room for Jagr then. I'm pretty sure he'd make their team better still.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Is this official or is it just a rumour at the moment?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
There was an article in Czech news the other day saying he would get waived, go play in Kladno, and maybe come back to Calgary if he gets his legs under him again. I wonder if there's any truth to that

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Hope the Pens sign him to 1-day contract (during a game day), that he plays during that game and records a hat trick and gets extended.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I don't know, Jagr has this very funny way of surprising people. Not holding my breath but wouldn't be surprised if a team like Vancouver brought him onboard just because.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
If his contract isn’t terminated, I could see him being loaned to a European team until the playoffs. I think I read that that’s an option.

He spends a few months away, trying to get his legs back as best as he can. Joins the Flames for a SC run. I think he gets terminated, but I don’t think it’s a slam dunk.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I really want him to break the record for most games played hes at 1733 games ! the record is 1767 he needs f***ing 35 games!!! that's it man i really hope hes able to do it

Sep 13, 2009
He won't get claimed. The Flames would have traded him for nothing if anyone was interested. Jagr has played his last game in the NHL. Next stop: HHOF.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Don't rule out a return to Calgary. This isn't unconditional waivers. The contract is not getting terminated. Until that happens, you never know, especially with the rumors floating around.

I thought Jagr looked fine especially at the beginning - faster than I thought he would be. Then the injury happened, and he still looked 'fine' for a little while, but him getting in and out of the lineup as it got aggravated looked like it was taking its' toll on his speed. Up until that point I thought he was actually a positive contributor. It would not surprise me in the slightest to see him back in Calgary (or somewhere else) given that he gets a bit more training time once he is all healed up and his fitness is back. Not just saying this as a Jagr fanboy, but I still think (as long as he is injury free) that he is NHL capable.

Reactions: Lesky

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
The NHL will not allow Jagr to beat Howe’s record for games played. You will see, no team will pick him up off waivers. Anyway, conspiracy or not, Jagr is finished and it’s finally time to hang them up.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I really want him to break the record for most games played hes at 1733 games ! the record is 1767 he needs ****ing 35 games!!! that's it man i really hope hes able to do it

He would need to play next season as well then, doesn't seem possible unless playoff games are factored in.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I really want him to break the record for most games played hes at 1733 games ! the record is 1767 he needs ****ing 35 games!!! that's it man i really hope hes able to do it

The mid-1700s seems to be cursed: Howe finished with 1767, Messier 1756, Jagr (currently) 1733, Francis 1731.
Odd how all these guys seem to have fizzled out at about the same time.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
I would've enjoyed seeing Jagr in Vancouver. Would've been interesting to see a trade like Vanek for Jagr + pick/prospect. Makes sense to me at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00