Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Don't think it's been posted yet, but the DD scouting report on Mysak kinda sold me on him. Maybe a Danault replacement at 3c? or more offensive Lekhonen on LW? Also he looks a lot bigger than 5'10 and DD says he grew a couple inches during the year so I guess that's why there's some confusion about his size. Very young too so a lot of development left, could be a gem, hopefully.

I feel like he undersold his offense a bit from what I can see. I think there's top 6 offense there. Someone said he had tunnel vision but I seen him make some decent passes at least even if he's probably not super creative.

I'd love for him to improve his skating but he actually looks pretty damn fast.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-10-7_19-30-21.png

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like this kid. Came from Czech Rep. men's league, adapted to NA and found a way to put some points on the board. Regardless of his play on the ice, that just shows what type of person you're dealing with.

I know we often mock the character thing, but I want nothing to do with skilled players who are full time passengers in their own life and on the ice.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I like this kid. Came from Czech Rep. men's league, adapted to NA and found a way to put some points on the board. Regardless of his play on the ice, that just shows what type of person you're dealing with.

I know we often mock the character thing, but I want nothing to do with skilled players who are full time passengers in their own life and on the ice.
You are on fire, Skip. Totally agree with this view. I like both our second-rounders today. This one is a consensus steal, but Tuch is the kind of player that the prospect pool was in dire need of.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This guy was someone you wanted to put in the conversation for the 16th overall pick but ultimately left in the back end of the first round. Super stoked to get him with our 2nd round pick.

He has a great shot, really hides his release point well. His skating is hard to get a read on because it doesn't look very good but yet sometimes is very effective. He's got an interesting body type too, looks stocky in the upper body with room to grow in the legs.

Flashes some really nice hands, his anticipation is top notch and he is able to create off defense into the offense. I don't see him playing C in the pro level, so consider him a W.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This guy was someone you wanted to put in the conversation for the 16th overall pick but ultimately left in the back end of the first round. Super stoked to get him with our 2nd round pick.

He has a great shot, really hides his release point well. His skating is hard to get a read on because it doesn't look very good but yet sometimes is very effective. He's got an interesting body type too, looks stocky in the upper body with room to grow in the legs.

Flashes some really nice hands, his anticipation is top notch and he is able to create off defense into the offense. I don't see him playing C in the pro level, so consider him a W.
Hes got great speed, really high iq, skilled and, despite all his offensive qualities, defense is his best part of hid game all the while being one of the youngest of the draft.

His amazing D overshadows his offense and make people believe hes a 'safe' pick. We;;, de not in the traditional way!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's small in size but not in height. His skating is really good already.

It's NHL average at best. However, he has a very quick start-up & good anticipation which helps a lot.

If he strengthens his legs, it'll get better. He'll be more in line with Suzuki who is able to put on short bursts of speed to get by people.

But, he doesn't have Byron can leave you in the dust speed, nor will speed by guys wide, or have much agility. He's a straight line skater, who has good balance.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Some may not like this comparaison but to me Mysak is a Paul Byron clone.
They skate and look the same on the ice.

Reminder I'm just a fan watching highlights but the comparaison is way to obvious.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Some may not like this comparaison but to me Mysak is a Paul Byron clone.
They skate and look the same on the ice.

Reminder I'm just a fan watching highlights but the comparaison is way to obvious.

They may look the same. But do they have the same hockey sense and scoring touch?

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
As an expert of smurf detection, I can corroborate this information.
HRI7zad.png

I don't know where I read that but basically, you should always use the stats from the team for which the player is playing. Because they monitor frequently height and weight.

He's listed at 6'0 on the Hamilton Bulldogs website.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
If you have the athletic, Scott Wheeler's write up on him should make you guys pretty happy.

The more I look into this player, the more excited I'm getting.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Hopefully he makes Danault expendable as we have nobody else in the C pipeline.

Olofsson, Hillis, Evans...There is a buffer between Danault and the abyss.

But glad to add Mysak to the pool - if the Plekanec comparisons ring true, this guy is a steal!

Reactions: Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad