Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He is absolutely deadly. Not many prospects with his kind of killer instinct in this draft.
What do you think of his skating? A few posters claim it's poor but the clips I've seen he just looks ugly yet beats his opponent. Half the goals in the O were because he outskated his opponent. And the little I've seen of him he can dangle.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He is absolutely deadly. Not many prospects with his kind of killer instinct in this draft.
In my notes I comped him to Lehkonen with a killer instinct. To be fair I thought Lehkonen had that instinct when he was a prospect. Solid player, but didn’t become as good as I thought he would be. Hopefully Mysak can be that guy.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What do you think of his skating? A few posters claim it's poor but the clips I've seen he just looks ugly yet beats his opponent. Half the goals in the O were because he outskated his opponent. And the little I've seen of him he can dangle.
His size/speed combo is pretty mediocre, maybe a tick above average. Similar to Lehkonen.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-10-7_13-57-4.png

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
In my notes I comped him to Lehkonen with a killer instinct. To be fair I thought Lehkonen had that instinct when he was a prospect. Solid player, but didn’t become as good as I thought he would be. Hopefully Mysak can be that guy.

Lehkonen was much more of a grip it and rip it scorer, and unfortunately it just didn't translate. Mysak is way more tricky and lethal in close. He has excellent shot placement. I was considering him for our 16th overall before dropping him back to the end of my first round (30th IIRC, just behind Gunler).

Reactions: Habs Icing

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

He has filthy mitts, and his skating is just fine. It's not perfect, but as you observed he has plenty of power. For whatever reason, almost all Czech prospects have skating issues. His skating reminds me of Chytil's. Not the prettiest you've ever seen, but he easily gets to where he needs to go.

Reactions: Habs Icing

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Lehkonen was much more of a grip it and rip it scorer, and unfortunately it just didn't translate. Mysak is way more tricky and lethal in close. He has excellent shot placement. I was considering him for our 16th overall before dropping him back to the end of my first round (30th IIRC, just behind Gunler).
the Lehkonen comp is more due to his excellent all around game- defensively and on the PK etc, but with good skill- and in a mediocre size/speed package.

I only scouted guys who were in the mix at 16, and Mysak was one of those guys. Wasn’t in my top 16 but great value in round 2.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
the Lehkonen comp is more due to his excellent all around game- defensively and on the PK etc, but with good skill- and in a mediocre size/speed package.

Yeah that's spot on. Lehkonen had excellent anticipation. But Mysak is definitely bigger than Lehkonen, I don't care what Artturi says. Finnish men always be lyin about they height. It's a meme here lol.

I only scouted guys who were in the mix at 16, and Mysak was one of those guys. Wasn’t in my top 16 but great value in round 2.

Wasn't in my top 16 either at the end of the day, but he could have been, if you catch my drift.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
His skating isnt what you’d expect from a higher end scoring prospect. His stride’s a little awkward and to me anyways, doesn’t seem very quick. It’s not horrible, but probably contributed to his drop out of the 1st round.
THis is where scouts get real 'tarded. They have problems with the "technical" aspects of his skating, feeling that his stride lacks power. Yet he's very fast and great on his turns. Other "problem" was size. He's not 6 feet. He's 5'10ish.
He's compared in style to Dylan Larkin.
He was a top 15 talent not expected to last past 20.
This is a steal.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He is a smart player and he is one of the youngest.
His skating is good but it will still improve. I really like his drive and competitiveness, you cannot teach that.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I came for the laugh out louds. Super dissapointed. Where's Mike Condon when you need him. Could of been a great tandem.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yeah that's spot on. Lehkonen had excellent anticipation. But Mysak is definitely bigger than Lehkonen, I don't care what Artturi says. Finnish men always be lyin about they height. It's a meme here lol.

Wasn't in my top 16 either at the end of the day, but he could have been, if you catch my drift.
lol fo sho.

if Lehks could be consistent as a scorer that would make him a very useful player. Mysak could be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad