Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jan Mysak scored his 10th goal last night for Laval. Many have written him off or forgot that he existed.
His line last night was Laval's best. He is a fierce competitor and I wouldn't write him off just yet. He could develop into an excellent 4th line center. One more season in Laval is needed though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jan Mysak scored his 10th goal last night for Laval. Many have written him off or forgot that he existed.
His line last night was Laval's best. He is a fierce competitor and I wouldn't write him off just yet. He could develop into an excellent 4th line center. One more season in Laval is needed though.

Doing all of this while Houle actively tries to ruin his career, pretty impressive.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Doing all of this while Houle actively tries to ruin his career, pretty impressive.

I don't fault Houle here, Mysak has some hands and works hard but that's about it. He's been physically overmatched, easily pushed off pucks, he's not a great skater, he has no strength, little speed. That's a ton to overcome. They should have started him in the ECHL imo but at least he works hard but I don't see what more Houle could really do with him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't fault Houle here, Mysak has some hands and works hard but that's about it. He's been physically overmatched, easily pushed off pucks, he's not a great skater, he has no strength, little speed. That's a ton to overcome. They should have started him in the ECHL imo but at least he works hard but I don't see what more Houle could really do with him.

Not publicly rip him as a 20 year old in the AHL and throw confidence grenades in his way for no reason.

Reactions: Miller Time

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Kind of completely forgot about this guy...which sums up so many of our forward prospects. Forgettable.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yup

Ive been high on his long term NHL potential for awhile... But his pro debut and injury bumps ensured it would be a very long road.

Players with his mix of drive, work ethic, hockey smarts, and impact at various levels are exactly the types who can/do make it despite obvious talent gaps/deficiencies... Just takes longer.

With us or elsewhere, I think he'll be an NHL by his mid 20's, and if he avoids big injury, will have a long career.

Reactions: Tyson

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Not publicly rip him as a 20 year old in the AHL and throw confidence grenades in his way for no reason.
Pro hockey is not for wimps or the faint of heart!! These players have had to overcome and clear hurdles since their early teens to reach the pros. At one point, the gifted teen hockey player will reach a level where other will surpass them. Unfortunately, Mysak, who did very well in previous levels, may top out in the AHL/European leagues. Not too bad for a 48th pick, but not one that overachieved.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
but honestly what do you really think that did to a guy that at 20 was easily overmatched in the AHL.
unlikely that it helped anything... not much merit for a coach doing that as opposed to just keeping his mouth shut i'd argue

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Mysak is clearly progressing. As I wrote on another thread, I see a mix of Evans and RHP in him. Will never be a top-6, but could end up as a solid bottom six guy with a great work ethic. Evans was still in the NCAA at his age, and RHP just played his first AHL game. Some are down on him because he is in the picture in Laval since he was 18, because of covid, and he will not be our new Plekanec. That does not mean he is a bust.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Best of luck. Far better than the garbage coaching staff in Laval gave you credit for. Prove 'em wrong, kid.

Reactions: jrom

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mysak is clearly progressing. As I wrote on another thread, I see a mix of Evans and RHP in him. Will never be a top-6, but could end up as a solid bottom six guy with a great work ethic. Evans was still in the NCAA at his age, and RHP just played his first AHL game. Some are down on him because he is in the picture in Laval since he was 18, because of covid, and he will not be our new Plekanec. That does not mean he is a bust.
Was there something we missed about this guy attitude wise to have it end like this or did he just want out.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
.....isn't that the whole idea of the draft? You're not getting a legit NHL ready player outside the Top 3. You swing for the fences.

ok so I was right. Besides Guhle, total bustopia and AHL fringe players at best lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln