GDT: Jan. 4 • Semifinal • Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
This should be a cake walk for the Canadians barring "Our Game" steps in and takes role.

snizzbone*

NHL Network is showing the game, so this stream will work.

Some people have said you need VLC for it.. but I can just click it in Chrome and it plays in HD..

The stream does not have the pre-game show but it'll start playing the actual game at puck drop.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I know Finland are missing Barkov and Määtää, playing in the NHL, but how much are they missing Kapanen, would he still be a bit too young for this year to make an impact?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Team Canada has picked it up but they didn't really start the tournament on the right foot. Which Team Canada will we see ? Jeckyll or Hyde ? It should be a closer game than expected. Goaltending on either side might win the game.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
Is there any TSN streams available? :) Was a really nice one last game would be cool if you have it.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Team Canada has picked it up but they didn't really start the tournament on the right foot. Which Team Canada will we see ? Jeckyll or Hyde ? It should be a closer game than expected. Goaltending on either side might win the game.

Nuthin can go wrong with a good ol' quebecois in net right :yo:

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Have to disagree, he would make a huge difference as he would be our #1 center, play SH and PP, be our best 2-way forward.. to add he'd be on ice for nearly half of the game. He'd change the team quality radically, and would be without a doubt the best player on ice counting both teams. And this is of course assuming that Barkov is playing as well as in Florida lately.

Canada has to deal with this every year... They're usually missing their 2 or 3 best players to the NHL.

Monahan, MacKinnon and Rielly would significantly strengthen Canada... More so then Barkov and Maata would Finland.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I know Finland are missing Barkov and Määtää, playing in the NHL, but how much are they missing Kapanen, would he still be a bit too young for this year to make an impact?

Few underage players make a big impact in these games, so yes, it's likely he wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It looks like TSN is also taking this game lightly based on their casual pre-game show...

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Few underage players make a big impact in these games, so yes, it's likely he wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Salminen is much bigger loss than Kapanen. He would have been out best 2-way forward and pk-player.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland

He would've been our 3rd/4th best forward so we are definitely missing him. Especially in the shootouts.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Pulling for Canada in this one. I've had it with the Finnish trolls that's been popping up and voicing their opinion on everything Sweden. While at the same time, my image of Canadians has gone up (not that it was poor to begin with)

Brain says Canada and heart says Canada. Whoever wins will be a dream opponent for Sweden in a final

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Nuthin can go wrong with a good ol' quebecois in net right :yo:

:yo::yo: Fucale has been awsome. Last year the Memorial Cup. This year the odds are that he'll get a medal + a shot at the Memorial Cup again with Drouin on Halifax. His value is rising. He's so calm out there he reminds me of Carey Price.

masseman3

Jan 8, 2009
Does anyone know how to get around the problem of VLC restarting every time the time marker reaches the right end?
Funny - maybe a version issue - I have version 2.0.8 and I don't even have a marker that can move at all. You may also try opening the link via Ctrl+N and then past in the link manually instead of playing it in the browser window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad