GDT: Jan. 4 • Semifinal • Canada vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
A little bit of historical background to this game: the last time Finland beat Canada in U20 tournament was 2001. Since then Canada has won all matchups (8 so far, 2012 bronze medal game being the latest).

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Finland has been and still is like a bad joke when it comes to WJC hockey. There is no depth, and when once in a century you have that guy who could make a difference by himself, he is too good to be able to participate (of course this happens a lot more to countries like USA, Canada and Sweden but they all have better junior depth to make up for the missing players).

Saros and Teravainen are about the only players who are among the top players of the tournament, Lehkonen is an above average 1st liner, and Maenalainen has proved to be just that himself. But after that, Finland is that bad joke again. You can say that Canada has to show up for this game or Finland could win, but I don't believe it. Canada won't show up and still it will be a walk in the park for Canada.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I hope the game is half as good as the Russia Sweden one.

Just stay disciplined Canada and we have a good chance to advance. Lets go boys!

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Ône Barkov would make no difference here.

Barkov-Teravainen is a considerably better center duo than Teravainen-Mustonen. Though I agree it wouldn't change the fact that Finland is going to lose this game no matter what.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
Finland has been and still is like a bad joke when it comes to WJC hockey. There is no depth, and when once in a century you have that guy who could make a difference by himself, he is too good to be able to participate (of course this happens a lot more to countries like USA, Canada and Sweden but they all have better junior depth to make up for the missing players).

Saros and Teravainen are about the only players who are among the top players of the tournament, Lehkonen is an above average 1st liner, and Maenalainen has proved to be just that himself. But after that, Finland is that bad joke again. You can say that Canada has to show up for this game or Finland could win, but I don't believe it. Canada won't show up and still it will be a walk in the park for Canada.

:huh: Are you trying to troll or what´s going on here? Nobody thinks Finland is a contender, but calling the probably 5th best team "a joke" is bit strange vocabulary. But whatever floats your boat.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
If Canada plays a sound disciplined game and Fucale is as solid as he has been up until now, I am confident that Canada will come out on top.

GO CANADA GO!

masseman3

Jan 8, 2009
Predicting 4-2 for the Canadians but really hope I am wrong. A SWE-FIN final would be epic. Go finns go .... :handclap:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I've always cheered for Canada in Hockey in the past, but I think that ends after today. Was very misguided of me to assume that they were classy people.

Let's go, Finland, you can do it!

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Ône Barkov would make no difference here.

Have to disagree, he would make a huge difference as he would be our #1 center, play SH and PP, be our best 2-way forward.. to add he'd be on ice for nearly half of the game. He'd change the team quality radically, and would be without a doubt the best player on ice counting both teams. And this is of course assuming that Barkov is playing as well as in Florida lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad