Player Discussion Jamie Drysdale

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
14883BD3-DE94-4444-A25A-45E9D42AA535.png

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
No posts since February! Felt it was about time to bump to let everyone know he still hasn't signed.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
No posts since February! Felt it was about time to bump to let everyone know he still hasn't signed.
Will be super interesting how his season goes. Missed a year but should still have loads of potential. New coaching staff and what should be an improved team (but still a pretty bad blueline).

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Drysdale was hemmed in all of 21-22 and that was with a substantially better team than last year. I can’t even imagine what it would’ve been like last year. I’m not worried about his development at all, honestly could turn out for the better.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
How is this not done? He hasn’t played in a year and despite some good moments wasn’t all that impressive before that, not sure what leverage he has unless Pat is offering league min or wants to go long term

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
How is this not done? He hasn’t played in a year and despite some good moments wasn’t all that impressive before that, not sure what leverage he has unless Pat is offering league min or wants to go long term
Agreed. This should have been an easy bridge deal. Strange that this is getting dragged out into Training Camp week.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Drysdale was hemmed in all of 21-22 and that was with a substantially better team than last year. I can’t even imagine what it would’ve been like last year. I’m not worried about his development at all, honestly could turn out for the better.

Apparently, he's put that down time to good use by getting more mass to his frame. Looking at some summer pics of Drysdale standing next to Rico, Drysdale looked thicker than Rico. That added mass can help absorb more of the physicality, which is a good thing. Let's hope that added mass didn't affect his speed.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I'm not surprised that Drysdale hasn't been done yet, given that we just got news of him being officially cleared like a week ago.

I'm sure conversations have been started and have been ongoing.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
All the zegras talk has this poor guy not getting attention. PV needs to get this crap done. This will be a distraction in the room if this lingers

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Noted that Jamie's agent (David Gagner) is also Evan Bouchard's agent, which makes me wonder if they're using him as a comparable in these negotiations.

Settle around 2x$2.5M and I would be happy (though it is possible that discussions are breaking down around term).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I keep hearing on TSN radio that Pinto is worth somewhere between $2.0-$2.5 AAV and he scored 20 goals last year, his second in the league. Given Dry’s lost year and serious injury I really can’t imagine what he thinks he’s currently worth. At this point in time where he was drafted holds little sway with me compared to how his pro career is currently going. Yes, it does take two to tango but if he isn’t in camp soon, there’s only gonna be one loser in this battle.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I keep hearing on TSN radio that Pinto is worth somewhere between $2.0-$2.5 AAV and he scored 20 goals last year, his second in the league. Given Dry’s lost year and serious injury I really can’t imagine what he thinks he’s currently worth. At this point in time where he was drafted holds little sway with me compared to how his pro career is currently going. Yes, it does take two to tango but if he isn’t in camp soon, there’s only gonna be one loser in this battle.

You have to wonder what Jamie's agent is using as his comps, too. He represents Evan Bouchard directly, who got 2x$4M and QB'd arguably the best PP unit in the history of the sport last year. K'Andre Miller, who is a legit 2nd pairing defenseman on what many people perceive as a cup contender, signed for the same amount (and those teams are in cap crunches right now, with both getting their big boys contracts when the cap goes up). He's out to lunch if he thinks he's getting that money without committing to significant term, which is also rumored to be what the holdup is right now.

Wayfarer

Jan 5, 2010
Finland
If both Drysdale and the Ducks are in agreement that it's going to be a bridge deal for 2 or 3 years, I think the agent is doing a huge disservice to Drysdale if they're trying to squeeze out a few more pennies and he's missing training camp as a result.

They just don't have much leverage here because he missed all of last season, so from that perspective their goal should be to get the shortest possible deal so that they can return to the negotiating table as soon as possible, with a couple of successful seasons under his belt and thus more leverage. Bouchard getting only 2x$4M makes the Ducks' case stronger and it would be just stupid for Drysdale to be prioritising money in a situation with no leverage.

I totally get why the Zegras negotiations are difficult, as he has two productive seasons behind him already...

Which makes me think there's a good chance they might be negotiating a longer deal for Drysdale. If that's the reason it's taking so long to get a deal done, then that's fine, given that it would be really difficult to find an AAV both sides can agree on for a 5 year deal.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I like Dry, but there's no question to me the Ducks were salivating over getting Sanderson.
Now we know why... Sanderson has the size to be an effective true shut down defensemen. Jamie hasn't ever showed to be an offensive dynamo, and he doesn't look like a shutdown guy either... so he might only top out as a #3 dman.... I was still holding out hope for a Duncan Keith outcome... He's still young and can improve.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad