Player Discussion Jamie Drysdale

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I had just read somewhere that Jamie's been talking a lot on the blue line. I figured to alert his partner on what's going on. In the video, maybe the org is asking him to step up to talk like a leader. He was playing leader as a 19-year old in rookie camp. Nice.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Do you recall last years camp? I seem to remember us saying his skating looked off last year too. Maybe his off-season training needs adjustment so he comes into camp with better balance or something.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I thought Drysdale was moving better on Wednesday. There was one sequence where he was scooting around the offensive zone and nobody could keep up. It might be a matter of just being a little more assertive.

Reactions: Kalv

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but its Ducks or OHL for Jamie right?

I really wish he would get more seasoning before a fulltime NHL spot. I know people wont like this but I hope he goes to the WJC and then back to the OHL to finish the season. There is no reason to rush him, especially when the Ducks are going to suck this bad.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think Drysdale is eligible to play in AHL with the rule they released I could be wrong though.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but its Ducks or OHL for Jamie right?

I really wish he would get more seasoning before a fulltime NHL spot. I know people wont like this but I hope he goes to the WJC and then back to the OHL to finish the season. There is no reason to rush him, especially when the Ducks are going to suck this bad.
It's is, I think. I don't believe Drysdale hit the 20 game mark in AHL last season

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I thought Drysdale was moving better on Wednesday. There was one sequence where he was scooting around the offensive zone and nobody could keep up. It might be a matter of just being a little more assertive.

I remember one play where he joined the rush and had speed but his stride was pretty choppy compared to what it was last year. I fell asleep before the third so I may have missed the sequence you're describing.

At any rate I hope it's just some rust or some minor ailment that seems to be affecting him.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Count me in among those that think playing Drysdale on the top pair against tough competition this early in his career is not wise. Play him sheltered minutes with Benoit and allow him to develop. Who cares if Shattenkirk gets top 4 duties? This team isn't competing anyway.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Glad he’s eligible to play in the AHL, I thought the requirement was purely AHL games. I’ll agree with the sentiment that the AHL is the right place for him this season.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't think we have 2 RD better than him right now.

He's our 4th best defensemen on top of that.

Last year, he proved he was advanced for a defensemen in the AHL. The transition to the NHL is just about his body because he's a 19-year old. He's perfect for a 3rd pairing role, but he's the best defensemen after our top-3 in Lindholm, Manson, and Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad