Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He has 18 goals 18 assists on the season. He has already set a single season high in goals but is 4 points from setting a single season points high.

9 points in his last 10 games.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Watching silfverberg play, he reminds me a lot of Hossa, if he could play the whole season like he plays the second half/playoffs he could easily be a 30/60 guy with top notch defensive play. .

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Never doubted Silfver's ability to hit the 20 goal mark, but I can't say I thought in December that he'd get there this season. Happy to see hin do it.

Dude just plays next level after January.

Oct 18, 2011
Watching silfverberg play, he reminds me a lot of Hossa, if he could play the whole season like he plays the second half/playoffs he could easily be a 30/60 guy with top notch defensive play. .

until he puts together an entire season, he will remain a very frustrating player but hopefully for the next 2 months we have good jakob

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
until he puts together an entire season, he will remain a very frustrating player but hopefully for the next 2 months we have good jakob

I'll take a guy who heats up come playoff time over one who goes hot early and is useless in spring.

That said it would be nice if we got this level all the time.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'll take a guy who heats up come playoff time over one who goes hot early and is useless in spring.

That said it would be nice if we got this level all the time.

If a player could maintain that level of play and scoring pace over a full season, he'd get paaaaaaaiiiiiid!

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Congrats on the 20 goals so shocked by this didn't expect it with how few goals he had entering March. He has 12 goals since March 5th to the present. If he gets a point against the Capitals he will have his first 40 points season would love to see that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Congrats on the 20 goals so shocked by this didn't expect it with how few goals he had entering March. He has 12 goals since March 5th to the present. If he gets a point against the Capitals he will have his first 40 points season would love to see that.

I was not :)

Only behind Getzlaf in positive scoring chance differential over the entire season including the period when he was not putting up the points. Dominant Corsi numbers, behind only Perron & Getzlaf despite playing tough minutes over the course of the entire season. Never had any doubts myself. As predicted, his on-ice shooting percentage normalized by the end of the season resulting in his dominant advanced stats translating to goals and assists

5ud6cRG.png

mytduxfan*

20 goals!!!! Beast. Hopefully he carries his great play forward into the playoffs.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Happy to see Silfverberg hit those career highs.

The difference in how he played to start the year and how he finished is night and day. No matter how hard some may try to say otherwise.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Happy to see Silfverberg hit those career highs.

The difference in how he played to start the year and how he finished is night and day. No matter how hard some may try to say otherwise.
Yeah. The defensive side of his game was there all season, puck possession and shots taken were mostly there, but that confidence in his playmaking and board battles and his shot was not there. When those latter things pick up, he's fantastic, an excellent top 6 two-way forward. When they're not there, he's *just* a shutdown winger, often invisible.

Edit: I think a short way to put it is he goes from helping us not lose games to helping us win games.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah. The defensive side of his game was there all season, puck possession and shots taken were mostly there, but that confidence in his playmaking and board battles and his shot was not there. When those latter things pick up, he's fantastic, an excellent top 6 two-way forward. When they're not there, he's *just* a shutdown winger, often invisible.

Edit: I think a short way to put it is he goes from helping us not lose games to helping us win games.

very well said.

As you said, his defensive game has been tremendous all year. However, to start the year, he seemed very timid. Maybe it was the concussion. Not sure, but it's a night and day difference offensively. When he plays with confidence, he's extremely good. Hopefully he keeps it up in the playoffs.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
What if Silfver has yet another epic playoff showing and then start the next season as poorly as this one.

Is he then a modern era Claude Lemieux?

How much would he be worth, considering the fact that he's (in this scenario) a player who only cares about the last 30 games of the regular season (at least offensively) + the playoffs?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
What if Silfver has yet another epic playoff showing and then start the next season as poorly as this one.

How much would he be worth, considering the fact that he's (in this scenario) a player who only cares about the last 30 games of the regular season (at least offensively) + the playoffs?

If that happens, he's still worth the 3.75 million he's getting paid right now.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

What if he disappears in these playoffs, who knows.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'll give him a 6/10 in the first game vs Nashville. Kesler's whole line has to be better if we're going to win this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad