Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
He hasn't been consistently good the past month, but as a whole he's played on a whole other level than earlier in the season.

I still can't tell what his problem was the first 50ish games. Concussion related, came into the season poorely conditioned, played injured or perhaps he's just a Claude Lemieuxesque player who only cares the last 20 games of the regular season + the playoffs.

Who knows.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
The Swedeheim Boys in The Mystery of the Disappearing Shot in Regulation

images

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's only doing well now because his Corsi was so good to start the year!

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I don't want to bring this to rub it in more but to ask an honest question- does anyone here think Rakell and Silf would do much better if Palmieri was around this year? Would they both have been that much better? I couldn't believe that Ducks didn't keep Palm given the problem that line caused both for Chicago and Jets. Considering what I see, the loss of Palm will be that much more magnified with the injury of Perron come this year's playoffs. Any thoughts?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don't want to bring this to rub it in more but to ask an honest question- does anyone here think Rakell and Silf would do much better if Palmieri was around this year? Would they both have been that much better? I couldn't believe that Ducks didn't keep Palm given the problem that line caused both for Chicago and Jets. Considering what I see, the loss of Palm will be that much more magnified with the injury of Perron come this year's playoffs. Any thoughts?

Not at all. If we kept Palms, then Getz and Perry don't get split. Perry and Rakell don't light it up together. Palms doesn't really have any effect on Silf's play.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
OCT-DEC: 46GP 3G 3A 6P -8

JAN-MAR: 36GP 12G 13A 25P +15

The whole team has been better after the Christmas break, but the difference is huge for Silf.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
OCT-DEC: 46GP 3G 3A 6P -8

JAN-MAR: 36GP 12G 13A 25P +15

The whole team has been better after the Christmas break, but the difference is huge for Silf.

Glad to see he's finally waking up. I just wish he'd be more consistent though.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's had similar spurts of production every season he's been here with long stretches of virtually no offensive production in between.

In 2013-14:

First 24 games 6 goals 8 assists which is a 21 goal 48 point pace.
Last 28 games 4 goals 5 assists which is an 11 goal 25 point pace.

2014-15
First 44 games 4 goals 12 assists which is a 7 goal 29 point pace
Last 37 games 9 goals 14 assists which is a 20 goal 51 point pace.

When he's confident he's one of the best second liners in the league. When he's not he's a decent third liner. You can tell by the way he's playing now that he's far more confident in his ability, he's moving his feet and going to the more dangerous areas.

mytduxfan*

He's had similar spurts of production every season he's been here with long stretches of virtually no offensive production in between.

In 2013-14:

First 24 games 6 goals 8 assists which is a 21 goal 48 point pace.
Last 28 games 4 goals 5 assists which is an 11 goal 25 point pace.

2014-15
First 44 games 4 goals 12 assists which is a 7 goal 29 point pace
Last 37 games 9 goals 14 assists which is a 20 goal 51 point pace.

When he's confident he's one of the best second liners in the league. When he's not he's a decent third liner. You can tell by the way he's playing now that he's far more confident in his ability, he's moving his feet and going to the more dangerous areas.

Silf is certainly a streaky one, but I wonder how much of his down games can be linked with injuries. The guy seems to get a nasty one every year i.e. wrist injury, head injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad