Team name and jersey ideas

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I like the concept a lot. But NHL (any major league sports) logos don’t look like that. Highly detailed graphic novel landscapes aren’t a thing. It’s usually one very simple little doohicky.

View attachment 868217

I don’t like logos like this but these seem more like NHL logos:

View attachment 868222
View attachment 868224
View attachment 868225
Yeah I’m probably adding too many prompts…I think the stallion logo looks good though if it’s Outlaws. Love those Mammoth mock ups. I find myself kind of partial to the bee theme with Swarm/Hive/Venom but I won’t be upset about Yeti or Mammoth either…I think both are cooler than Outlaws

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah I’m probably adding too many prompts…I think the stallion logo looks good though if it’s Outlaws. Love those Mammoth mock ups. I find myself kind of partial to the bee theme with Swarm/Hive/Venom but I won’t be upset about Yeti or Mammoth either…I think both are cooler than Outlaws
It’s just that NHL (and most major league sports) logos are usually very simple. Calgary Flames? A burning letter C. Philadelphia Flyers? A P with wings. New Jersey devils? An N with horns and a barbed tail. Seattle Kraken? An S that’s kinda tentacley.

We won’t get a whole mural of a logo. The last two teams to enter the league have pretty convoluted overall branding but logos that are so, so, so simple. That trend will hold. If you look at D&C’s work it’s extremely minimalist.

Regardless of what nickname the team gets, we should expect a very simple logo design. Nothing that looks realistic or like a graphic novel.

IMG_0729.png

IMG_0731.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I feel like it needs to say Outlaws too rather than just a horse. It’s too big of a jump otherwise.

I’d say something horse related is unlikely with the Denver Broncos right there but then again we have all these dumb snow names when the Avs are right there too.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad