Player Discussion Jakob Silfverberg II

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
He was the same in SHL, in the regular season he was good, but in the playoffs he was playing was just getting better for each round winning the championship on his own.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Only watched the first period last night and in that limited time he looked like the only one with some jam to his game.

Did he "die out" and suck the rest of the game?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Only watched the first period last night and in that limited time he looked like the only one with some jam to his game.

Did he "die out" and suck the rest of the game?

Would't say he "die out", but he was a little less noticeable after the 1st. Was one of our better players last night still.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Is there a site where you can easily calculate points/goals in a set amount of games, or do you have to watch the scoresheet in (for instance) the last 10 games, to find out?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You can either go to their game log on NHL.com or you can search in the stats page by certain dates by clicking view statistics by game and changing the dates manually.

Silfverberg sure does love tearing apart all these bottom feeders.

mytduxfan*

Loving his game right now. When he's on, he's just sensational to watch. Hoping he hit's 20 along with Kesler.

Oct 18, 2011
i can't figure silf out at all...some nights he seems so quick, and others skating in mud, and his confidence with the puck is so bipolar

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
i can't figure silf out at all...some nights he seems so quick, and others skating in mud, and his confidence with the puck is so bipolar

Despite the recent surge he still hasn't made me forgot how bad he has been at times. He's also doing a lot of feasting on non playoff teams, 13 of his 18 goals are against teams sitting outside of a playoff position.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Despite the recent surge he still hasn't made me forgot how bad he has been at times. He's also doing a lot of feasting on non playoff teams, 13 of his 18 goals are against teams sitting outside of a playoff position.

and a some of those non-playoff teams have outplayed us recently. NHL teams are still NHL teams.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

So true.

Even though he's elevated his game significantly the past month or so, he still seems to lack confidence in himself every second game.

When he DOES play with confidence he creates time and space for himself, but when he doesn't he seems to think that he's gonna fail and lose the puck as soon as he gets it, so he just dump pucks in and go for a change.

If he manages to have yet another Conn Smythe'ish playoff, he should really start seeing a professional during the off season.

I mean, imagine him having a whole season as great as last years playoffs.

That's like 95 points and world class defence. That's a 9 000 000/season player.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Seems like Sifvermountain is pretty much great every single game lately.

Is it safe to say that he's back now?

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
He's back until he loses his confidence again.

It will be interesting to see, if Silfverberg's issues were confidence based (streaky player), or if they were concussion based (Torres is an asshat).

I know he's had a bit of a track record for being inconsistent, but he was also a very young player at the time, so it's difficult to determine if those are deeply set traits, or just your average young player.

Hopefully he gets to start next season without getting his brains scrambled, and hopefully he puts his inconsistencies behind him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He would be Goldferberg if he would keep his confidence and stay healthy all season. By then he is just Silfverberg

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What do you think his potential offensive output over 82 games is?

55-60 points?
25g-25a potential imo, if he plays to his level across the whole season. Not as good as he's doing now, but not as bad as the first half of the season.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

This. He also does much better against teams that aren't physical.

That said, as long as he performs close to as good as he was in last year's playoffs, I'm fine with his play. The offensive inconsistency is pretty ridiculous, but as long as he produces adequately, stays very strong defensively (which he has), and steps it up in the playoffs, I'll be happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad