Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Just as well. I don't think Chychurn fits long term unless the Kings think they can win a Cup in the next 2 years with him. Their roster might be close in 2 years but I don't see Chychurn putting them over the top under his current contract.
LA is sneaky good. Goaltending is really their issue. A LD and goalie would REALLY move them forward

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Standard for him. Non content.
I don't know why people expect guys like Freidman to only report on facts. Speculation is a huge part of sports media, and at least Freidman is still intentional with making sure it is obvious what is rumour and what is speculation if you actually get information from him first hand.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nothing about that Petersen contract makes sense, ha ha.

Yeah the contract is horrible, but it helps Arizona get to the cap floor in the short term and gives them a goalie to play for them as they're accumulating more picks and prospects. There's a chance that he rebounds and becomes a competent NHL goalie for them, but it's mostly about them getting a goalie to play for them and hitting the cap floor.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I don't know why people expect guys like Freidman to only report on facts. Speculation is a huge part of sports media, and at least Freidman is still intentional with making sure it is obvious what is rumour and what is speculation if you actually get information from him first hand.
Not only that.

They share what they are hearing talking to their sources and just because a trade is never finalized doesn't mean talks were serious.

You really wouldn't be doing your job as GM if you were not listening to offers, or inquiring about almost everyone in the league.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What I want to know :

1 - Were LA and Arizona attempting to work out a deal with Chychrun AND Vejmelka involved?

2 - Could we see Los Angeles make a goalie trade with Chicago (Petersen+ for Mrazek) or San Jose (Petersen+ for Kahkonen), and then move that new goalie to Arizona in the Chychrun Vejmelka trade, which Arizona would be more comfortable with? Mrazek and Kahkonen contracts both have less term and lower cap hit.
If it was a Chycrun and Vejmelka deal, that would cost a ton for LA. You'd think they still want the 3 good picks/prospects for Chycrun, plus they might even want another 1st for Vejmelka (I'd say 2nd and a mid round pick is fair value for him but I'm not an expert). So that would be at least 2 firsts, a 2nd, a top prospect, and then you have to figure out the cost of taking Petersen (or buying out Petersen). If that's what they're trying to do, I'm not surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah the contract is horrible, but it helps Arizona get to the cap floor in the short term and gives them a goalie to play for them as they're accumulating more picks and prospects. There's a chance that he rebounds and becomes a competent NHL goalie for them, but it's mostly about them getting a goalie to play for them and hitting the cap floor.
Arizona doesn't need to take contracts like that to get to the cap floor. It's the contracts with huge cap hits but little actual salary that they like. If they're trying to inch their way to the cap floor, they're trying to do it by saving actual dollars.

Reactions: Ciao

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
Petersen is 3,875,000 for 3 years.... what is the compensation for that cap dump ?

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
If Kings did pry out Chychrun and keep Clarke that really helps the team ease Clarke into the lineup on the 2nd pair with Anderson. Doughty and Chychrun on the first pair.

I would be will to include AK34 in the trade if it was Kaliyev, a 2nd, Iafollo, and Grans or Durzi.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
that was from an earlier report. most recent ones say that neither are involved. Dreger reported this morning on the radio that the Leafs aren't in the running at all anymore actually

I know that there were reports on Saturday that both were out but it appears we are back at square 1 now so who knows.

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
Kings are against the cap. It is logical they want coyotes to eat that Petersen contract to make the trade work

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Remember, Elliotte doesn't have facts. He has sources, but he is so overly careful, that he doesn't really say anything. People take his, "I wonder if team x doesn't try something here," as there was a real phone call between GMs. Always take his word over Nick Concusseos, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad