Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
If he dropped out they could sign him, correct? It’s not prohibited by the CBA, it just voids his NCAA status?

I can’t recall players doing so but I’m sure it has happened. Obviously it would make him persona non grata at ND.
I'm certain players don't need to drop out to sign. They just can't play in the NCAA while under contract.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I'm certain players don't need to drop out to sign. They just can't play in the NCAA while under contract.

It voids their scholarship so they may. I wasn’t really thinking about the academic component, just the eligibility under the CBA.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
It voids their scholarship so they may. I wasn’t really thinking about the academic component, just the eligibility under the CBA.
Ah okay. Cause I know some players leave school early but take online courses to finish their degrees, but the scholarship thing makes sense since it's an athletic scholarship

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Would be nice if he is able to play a couple of nhl games by the end of the season to see if hes ready for a 3rd line center role next year

Depends on what Notre Dame does in the Frozen Fours as they are all but a lock to make it. The tournament starts on March 23rd/24th depending on what regional they end up in. Last year they made it to the final 4.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Will he sign in Montreal? Is he overhyped because he had a decent NCAA Career?

Skating and strength may still be an issue.

We will know soon

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Will he sign in Montreal? Is he overhyped because he had a decent NCAA Career?

Skating and strength may still be an issue.

We will know soon

Who knows? I don't think anybody here have seen him play enough to really know.

But i'll tell you something. I prefer us signing him and eventually be disappointed after he flopped than us not signing him and eventually regret it cause he'll be good somewhere else.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

But i'll tell you something. I prefer us signing him and eventually be disappointed after he flopped than us not signing him and eventually regret it cause he'll be good somewhere else.

I've seen a ton of him over the last 4 years, as I live in the states and Notre Dame games are on tv a lot.

I think he signs and I think he'll be an NHLer, his skating isn't bad, just isn't great as a big part of his problem is a lack of strength and he needs to fill out his frame more. Very smart, hard working 2 way player, that is great on draws and can setup plays.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wouldn't say issue, his problem is more of a overall lack of strength especially lower body.

He's been playing in the NCAA for 4 years where they play 40 games a year. He couldn't find time to hit the gym and work on his lower body strength???

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Totally agree

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's been playing in the NCAA for 4 years where they play 40 games a year. He couldn't find time to hit the gym and work on his lower body strength???

He's filled out his frame, but he was always skinny, now he's less skinny but likely should have gone the USHL route for a year and then the NCAA.

Is it possible that we can sign Evans if they lose their next game and he plays in our last game against the Leafs?

Depends on if he wants to just finish school, figure things out, but it's a possibility if they lose on Thursday night.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is it possible that we can sign Evans if they lose their next game and he plays in our last game against the Leafs?

Possible? Yes. But even if he does make the final, Laval will still have 2 games left so he can play with them. And this way, Habs can sign him to an ELC that takes effect next year and sign him to an ATO/PTO for those two games with Laval.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I've seen a ton of him over the last 4 years, as I live in the states and Notre Dame games are on tv a lot.

I think he signs and I think he'll be an NHLer, his skating isn't bad, just isn't great as a big part of his problem is a lack of strength and he needs to fill out his frame more. Very smart, hard working 2 way player, that is great on draws and can setup plays.

I have not seen him play, but this description rings of Hudon. Would you say that's a fair comparison?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's quite possible that Evans has a body type that struggles to put on weight/mass/strength. I have it.

I don't think so in this day and age. Anybody can put on muscle with 1 hour a day of the proper weight training and core strengths exercise programs, and the right diet which includes being high in protein. Putting on fat may be difficult for some people's metabolisms, but anybody can grow/build their muscles.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Evans could become a 3rd C in the NHL. With Poehling having top 6 potential dans Danault still young, there's a possibility that we improve on C in the next few years. We still need a true number 1 C...

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad