Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
nobody would ever compare him to Pavelski. He's a playmaker through and through. If you look at his teammate last year Anders Bjork, Evans is a good notch or two below him in terms of skill. That's not even touching the physical aspects like speed, skating, strength.
As long as he makes our farm better, Im happy.. I think he will need 1 yr or 2 to see what we have in our hands with this kid...

Reactions: greyboy67

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Can someone explain to me what this means?

An ELC is 3 years. Standard 1st contract. If a player plays just 1 pro game in a season, that burns an entire year off the contract, so he is left with just 2 years before he can sign another contract. Obviously this is favourable to a player.

After tonights game, Evans is finished playing NCAA hockey. He can sign an ELC. So he signs it and as part if the deal he is assigned to Laval where he plays 1 game for them next week, thus burning an entire year of his contract. Its a great incentive to get a player to sign since no other team can do that since we own his rights.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
An ELC is 3 years. Standard 1st contract. If a player plays just 1 pro game in a season, that burns an entire year off the contract, so he is left with just 2 years before he can sign another contract. Obviously this is favourable to a player.

After tonights game, Evans is finished playing NCAA hockey. He can sign an ELC. So he signs it and as part if the deal he is assigned to Laval where he plays 1 game for them next week, thus burning an entire year of his contract. Its a great incentive to get a player to sign since no other team can do that since we own his rights.
I don't think he burns a year off his ELC by playing in the AHL this year.

He would of have to have played 1 NHL game to burn 1yr.

90% sure of that...perhaps someone else could confirm.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I don't think he burns a year off his ELC by playing in the AHL this year.

He would of have to have played 1 NHL game to burn 1yr.

90% sure of that...perhaps someone else could confirm.

I though its was as soon as he would play a pro game, so NHL or AHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know what ELC stands for. I mean what is the significance of "burning a year of his ELC". Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Why?

It’s a good thing for a College player. ELCs are 3 years (with a cap on the amount of money given). If he signs, plays one game this season, that takes a year of contract up. Then he only needs 2 additional seasons before becoming a free agent and signing a better deal.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Well he is 21 years old currently which means if we signed him to a contract today it would have to be 3years, and yes if he plays a game it burns 1 year of his 3 years. However, since he turns 22 in June he may as well wait until then to sign the contract since at 22 they are required to only sign him to a 2 year ELC which is the same as burning a year today.

My guess is we wait till this summer

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
You could be right...I thought it had to be an NHL game.

This is my understanding. When they signed Lindgren they promised him an NHL game. It seems like it has become standard practice.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
You could be right...I thought it had to be an NHL game.

There are a few scenarios here.

1) Habs sign him and he plays a game for the Habs this season (burning a year off his ELC)

2) Signing an ELC which takes effect next season and signing him to a professional try-out in Laval (not burning his ELC)

3) Laval signs him to a professional try-out for the Habs to further evaluate his potential pro impact. Proceed to sign the player to an ELC once the Try-out ends. (ELC kicks in next season).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ELC's are not 3 years, they are based off the age the player is when signed. So most ELC's are 3 years since most sign at 19/20. Evans ELC would be 2 years since he's 21. But he wouldn't have to clear waivers for 3 years just like a player that signs a 3 year ELC.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I had a little conversation on Twitter with a ND journalist that was saying to me how Jake Evans was NHL ready.....He is not. Jake will have to be bigger, stronger and faster. He will have some AHL time to do. And I hope he develops down there. But he is clearly not NHL ready....

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Guess we'll see if he signs soon. Hit career highs in assists and points, tied his career high in goals. On the season he finished 40-13-33-46 +9 18 pims. But he had a rough patch of 14 games where he had only 4 pts (part of it was when he got back from the Spengler Cup), the rest of the time he had 42 pts in 26 games.

Ends up with 158-41-97-138 +39 116 pims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad