Value of: Jacob Trouba's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It would honestly be the best offer. What if you took those 2 1st added a piece and got Karlsson. You have the cap space to work resign him. I maintain that value is value, it just has to be spent properly.

Your saying even if the "other return" you got for Trouba was less value, but included roster players, you'd take that over Torontos package because Toronto's is just picks and prospects?

1) Your speculating you would trade Gardiner for a 1st which would be at best a mid range 1st.

2) Leafs 1st would be late without doubt.

3) Bracco is just another winger prospect that we have loads of and don’t need another.

4) Who said anything about less value, I’m saying getting futures for our top pairing young rhd when our window is now is the dumbest thing ever......other teams would easily beat that offer by giving us real, useful roster player(S) that help us win now......not 4-5 years from now.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Who said anything about less value, I’m saying getting futures for our top pairing young rhd when our window is now is the dumbest thing ever......other teams would easily beat that offer by giving us real, useful roster player(S) that help us win now......not 4-5 years from now
So you can't think of a scenario where Toronto overpays with futures and you flip those futures ++ for an upgrade over what you have? If that's your stance, than so be it.

It's more realistic than you think, even though the reality of this whole ordeal ever coming together is zero.

Edit: 1st + 1st + prospect + prospect from Winnipeg(roslovic?) Is very close to what would tip the scales for Ottawa to move Karlsson.
Eussentially Winnipeg would only be trading trouba and Roslovic for Karlsson, which is a steal.
Not an option for you?

Last edited:

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
So you can't think of a scenario where Toronto overpays with futures and you flip those futures ++ for an upgrade over what you have? If that's your stance, than so be it.

It's more realistic than you think, even though the reality of this whole ordeal ever coming together is zero.
Trouba to Chicago for Saad, Anisimov, 2 rd. pick 2019 and Hossa contract.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Boqvist + DeBrincat + 1st
So you complain about a package of picks and prospects from Toronto, but than propose for....a package of picks and prospects from Chicago? I realize debrincat is 1 year older, but it's splitting hairs)

You confuse me.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So you complain about a package of picks and prospects from Toronto, but than propose for....a package of picks and prospects from Chicago? I realize debrincat is 1 year older, but it's splitting hairs)

You confuse me.
DeBrincat is in the show already. Besides, Boqvist actually plays at a position of a prospect need, and that first isn't going to be a late one.

You can give us Matthews and call it a deal.

Reactions: DRW204 and Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
To fellow leafs fans:

I'd love trouba as much as the next guy. He's the perfect solution to any remaining problems we have. It's a perfect match.

Trouble is, if Trouba is hesitant to sign in winnipeg, he likely has the same hesitations about Toronto. Cold? Canada? Fans? Wants to play in America?
I don't know if it's worth the risk to trade for Trouba if he won't be happy playing in Toronto.
We could throw together an attractive package though if he was willing to sign long term around 6 million.
Trade Gardiner for 1st + 2nd.
Trade 1st +1st + prospect for Trouba.

Rielly- Trouba
Dermott- Hainsey
Carrick - Zaitzev
That package would not be close to landing Trouba.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What about no backes.
Then you're only missing... *checks notes* an incentive for us to do the deal. Carlo isn't good for much statistically, JFK seems like another C prospect with limited potential (3rd line isn't a need), and your 1st is going to be a late one. There's just nothing that interesting in that package of yours.

Krug + Donato + 1st is what I would ask for. Krug is the replacement and balances out the cap hits, whereas the futures go towards addressing our prospect depth at C.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Living in this city is insufferable.

"Trouba is an idiot, he's not worth anywhere near 8 million."

Next breath...

"His RFA rights are worth DeBrincat, Boqvist and a first though."

I see this kind of crap all the time.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Living in this city is insufferable.

"Trouba is an idiot, he's not worth anywhere near 8 million."

Next breath...

"His RFA rights are worth DeBrincat, Boqvist and a first though."

I see this kind of crap all the time.
Good thing that there's a f***ing ocean separating me and this city you so deeply hate, right?

Dubcanesfan

Jan 6, 2016
So let's say he won't sign long term and Chicago wanted to trade for Trouba, would Forsling + Anisimov + a 2019 1st do the job?

I don't think so, it would have to be a better package then that. Plus I have no clue why Chicago would make a move like that when they should start to be thinking about rebuild mode imo. Especially if there out of the playoffs this year again. I think that dynasty is over.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Edit: 1st + 1st + prospect + prospect from Winnipeg(roslovic?) Is very close to what would tip the scales for Ottawa to move Karlsson.
Eussentially Winnipeg would only be trading trouba and Roslovic for Karlsson, which is a steal.
Not an option for you?

Bob you see how these trade boards work and how hard it’s to get any agreement on trades........real life we see very few trades either so it’s clearly hard to make trades in real life also......GM’s constantly state this fact. You think it’s so easy to flip futures to real players then purpose a three way trade.......I doubt you will get agreement.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Bob you see how these trade boards work and how hard it’s to get any agreement on trades........real life we see very few trades either so it’s clearly hard to make trades in real life also......GM’s constantly state this fact. You think it’s so easy to flip futures to real players then purpose a three way trade.......I doubt you will get agreement.
Like I said...the reality of it happening is zero :)
I thought maybe we could agree strictly on a value POV, but either way I'm not hurt by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter368

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It would cost you something that really hurts to lose. Not a bunch of crap you no longer need.

Ir5HSgx.jpg

(I also wouldn't call Jake Gardiner, Andreas Johnsson & a 2nd "a load of crap")

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The Trouba trade stuff is so hard for Jets fans. In a vacuum, Trouba is pretty much the 4th or 5th most important long term asset the Jets have.

There is guys more important to the team today like Wheeler and Buff. But there is no replacement coming in a trade for him and no one on the team that can handle his minutes without a drop off in their game.

Scheifele, Laine, Hellebuyck, maybe Morrissey? That's it, he means more than everyone else on the team (long term).

If he wants out, he wants out. But if he is willing to sign, we are better off overpaying for a guy we aren't going to be able to replace. Hopefully it all works out. Because we will get hosed in a trade given the leverage we have and how much he means to us.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Then you're only missing... *checks notes* an incentive for us to do the deal. Carlo isn't good for much statistically, JFK seems like another C prospect with limited potential (3rd line isn't a need), and your 1st is going to be a late one. There's just nothing that interesting in that package of yours.

Krug + Donato + 1st is what I would ask for. Krug is the replacement and balances out the cap hits, whereas the futures go towards addressing our prospect depth at C.

You need a lw presumably with the donato addition? I’d do Krug + heinen + 1st. How’s that? Heinen is farther along than donato with less upside. Probably 50-60 point upside (47 points last year). Donato isn’t there yet but he’s got the higher upside. Still prefer donato or would you take heinen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad