Value of: Jacob Trouba's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How bout a Kadri + Gardiner (extended 5x5.75) for Trouba + Roslovic?
Kadri is a top 6 center with 2 30+goal seasons playing some of the toughest minutes.

I'd be really tempted to do Kadri for Trouba straight up. I just dread giving you guys a top pairing of Reilly - Trouba.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Kadri is a top 6 center with 2 30+goal seasons playing some of the toughest minutes.
I wouldn't do this because I don't think Kadri would work well with Laine and Ehlers. Plus there would be zero chance of throwing in Roslovic to get Gardiner.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Good offer but no I wouldn't do that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Right now you'd be trading for the pleasure of an arbitration hearing unless the player signs with you before then. I can't see any team doing that unless they are allowed to negotiate an extension beforehand.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Right now you'd be trading for the pleasure of an arbitration hearing unless the player signs with you before then. I can't see any team doing that unless they are allowed to negotiate an extension beforehand.

That is likely how any trade with Trouba would be handled.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
To fellow leafs fans:

I'd love trouba as much as the next guy. He's the perfect solution to any remaining problems we have. It's a perfect match.

Trouble is, if Trouba is hesitant to sign in winnipeg, he likely has the same hesitations about Toronto. Cold? Canada? Fans? Wants to play in America?
I don't know if it's worth the risk to trade for Trouba if he won't be happy playing in Toronto.
We could throw together an attractive package though if he was willing to sign long term around 6 million.
Trade Gardiner for 1st + 2nd.
Trade 1st +1st + prospect for Trouba.

Rielly- Trouba
Dermott- Hainsey
Carrick - Zaitzev

Reactions: ps241

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
To fellow leafs fans:

I'd love trouba as much as the next guy. He's the perfect solution to any remaining problems we have. It's a perfect match.

Trouble is, if Trouba is hesitant to sign in winnipeg, he likely has the same hesitations about Toronto. Cold? Canada? Fans? Wants to play in America?
I don't know if it's worth the risk to trade for Trouba if he won't be happy playing in Toronto.
We could throw together an attractive package though if he was willing to sign long term around 6 million.

Why wouldn't he sign in WPG for 6 then? This whole thread is pre-mature

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
To fellow leafs fans:

Rielly- Trouba
Dermott- Hainsey
Carrick - Zaitzev

UFA #3D, late 1st and late 2nd......that offer would be beat others with ease.

Reactions: Viktor Vaughn

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
UFA rights are worth nothing but RFA rights still let you control the player. At that point though a sign and trade just seems more streamlined.

If it's to easy to control an Rfa, why hasn't he signed yet?

Rights aren't worth much, there's no guarantee he signs with the trading team. And then there's an 8m price tag which diminishes his value.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
UFA #3D, late 1st and late 2nd......that offer would be beat others with ease.
..... except that wasn't the offer.
Go back and actually read it. 1st + 1st + prospect. That would beat most teams best offer for an unsigned #2 defenseman

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
..... except that wasn't the offer.
Go back and actually read it. 1st + 1st + prospect. That would beat most teams best offer for an unsigned #2 defenseman

Jets don’t need magic beans for Trouba....trading Trouba for beans would be a huge lose. Easy pass due to poor fit

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
To fellow leafs fans:

Rielly- Trouba
Dermott- Hainsey
Carrick - Zaitzev
6 AAV long term for Trouba means that he's staying put. Also, that package is godawful for a contender.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Gardiner
1 of: Kapanen/Johnsson/Brown
2nd

Or Gardiner & Liljegren with a small add our way.

1) Your offering at best a 3rd liner or a 3rd liner prospect and a late 2nd? So your trying to be insulting? Horrible offer

2) Gardiner is a #3 D ufa and Liljegren is ok a prospect. Pass

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Jets don’t need magic beans for Trouba....trading Trouba for beans would be a huge lose. Easy pass due to poor fit
Value is value either way. As I've said, a 1st + 1st + prospect (Bracco?) Is likely your best package.
Nothing says you can't flip the firsts for someone who'd fill our your defense. Someone willing to stay in the peg.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Value is value either way. As I've said, a 1st + 1st + prospect (Bracco?) Is likely your best package.
Nothing says you can't flip the firsts for someone who'd fill our your defense. Someone willing to stay in the peg.

No value isn’t value to a cup contender. That wouldn’t even be considered a serious offer.

Reactions: Snowman

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
No value isn’t value to a cup contender. That wouldn’t even be considered a serious offer.
It would honestly be the best offer. What if you took those 2 1st added a piece and got Karlsson. You have the cap space to work resign him. I maintain that value is value, it just has to be spent properly.

Your saying even if the "other return" you got for Trouba was less value, but included roster players, you'd take that over Torontos package because Toronto's is just picks and prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad