Value of: Jacob Trouba's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If he could be offer sheeted at like.. 5 year 8.1 million, what does it Cost? A 1st 2nd and a 3rd?

Would they match that?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If he could be offer sheeted at like.. 5 year 8.1 million, what does it Cost? A 1st 2nd and a 3rd?

Would they match that?

He filed for arbitration already, he cannot be offer sheeted anymore.

Reactions: north49er

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Buffalo should be all over him, Nylander+McCabe/Guhle+. Would let them already cement their top 4 and not have to worry about it for a while.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I've been proposing this a lot to Jets fans:
Klefbom + 1st for Trouba + Appleton

Jets get a young top 4d signed long term on a sweetheart deal and a first to use for upgrades in other places (probably for a 2nd line c). Oilers get their top pair RHD who'd form a nice top pair with Nurse and a prospect that wouldn't mean much to Winnipeg to lose and would get great oppurtunity in Edmonton.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I've been proposing this a lot to Jets fans:
Klefbom + 1st for Trouba + Appleton

Jets get a young top 4d signed long term on a sweetheart deal and a first to use for upgrades in other places (probably for a 2nd line c). Oilers get their top pair RHD who'd form a nice top pair with Nurse and a prospect that wouldn't mean much to Winnipeg to lose and would get great oppurtunity in Edmonton.
Klefbom was horrible last year.

It would be more along the lines of Nurse+

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
His value is almost impossible to determine without knowing what he's willing to sign for. If he's demanding 8x8 and nothing less, then the market isn't going to be very big and the Jets aren't going to get much. But, if he's willing to sign for 8 years at 6m, then the market will be fairly robust.

Reactions: ps241

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
His value is almost impossible to determine without knowing what he's willing to sign for. If he's demanding 8x8 and nothing less, then the market isn't going to be very big and the Jets aren't going to get much. But, if he's willing to sign for 8 years at 6m, then the market will be fairly robust.

If he is willing to sign 8 years x 6 m he will be a Jet moving forward.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Another player doesn’t want to stay in Winnipeg. They are a dam good team, I hope they can convince him to stay.

Reactions: My3Sons

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
For rights? I don’t think you understand how trading for rights works lol

Can you tell me the last time a team traded something “that hurts” for rights?

Depends on the player whose "rights" you are talking about. Trouba's "rights" still include 2 years of team control. Jets are not going to sell low. Sorry, not a chance. No team is going to pay what Jets will demand without first having a contract agreed to. So it isn't about just "rights".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Another player doesn’t want to stay in Winnipeg. They are a dam good team, I hope they can convince him to stay.

All indications are that he does want to stay. This is just a hypothetical in case he does not. It is not evidence to support that he wants to leave. It is just some guy on the internet.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
He filed for arbitration already, he cannot be offer sheeted anymore.

Hence the if.
My question more was if a 5 year 8 million dollar contract was seen as too high for Trouba.
If so, wonder if he gets moved for the equivalent to a 1+2+3

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we do have to trade Trouba the Jets are likely looking for replacement at defence of equal value but potentially a lefty. Or a top 6 Center.

I seriously doubt there are any top 6 centers available. Finding someone willing to swap young Dmen is a challenge as well.

Remember this kid is among the top scoring defencemen in the league at 5v5/60. Has the highest QOC on the Jets from defencemen and doesn't get any PP time yet and still produces. This kid is already a #1D. And if he gets PP time he could really take off.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If we do have to trade Trouba the Jets are likely looking for replacement at defence of equal value but potentially a lefty. Or a top 6 Center.

I seriously doubt there are any top 6 centers available. Finding someone willing to swap young Dmen is a challenge as well.

Remember this kid is among the top scoring defencemen in the league at 5v5/60. Has the highest QOC on the Jets from defencemen and doesn't get any PP time yet and still produces. This kid is already a #1D. And if he gets PP time he could really take off.
I offered Klefbom and a 1st for Trouba and Appleton.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

How bout a Kadri + Gardiner (extended 5x5.75) for Trouba + Roslovic?
Kadri is a top 6 center with 2 30+goal seasons playing some of the toughest minutes.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I offered Klefbom and a 1st for Trouba and Appleton.

Klefbom isn't really close in value. It's unlikely we add on the AHL rookie of the year on top of that.

Last year
Trouba 5v5 P/60 - 1.09
Klefbom 5v5 P/60 - 0.60

Last 2 years
Trouba 5v5 P/60 - 1.15
Klefbom 5v5 P/60 - 0.74

Trouba is among the top 5 defencemen in the NHL in 5v5 P/60. He's a fair shake better than Klefbom at 5v5. And faces tougher quality of competition as well. Extremely unlikely we give you Appleton for your 1st rounder in this deal. Does nothing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00