Jul 8, 2011
MTL

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Klefbom +

Skjei ++

I'd like to see what evidence you feel is worthy of suggesting Skjei ++ is of equal value to Trouba.

Skjei's rookie season in the NHL shows that he may well be equal to or maybe even better the Trouba.

Im not saying he his better but Skjei has proven to be an immense prospect with a very high ceiling and I believe the hype on Trouba over values him compared to similar players of similar age.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No good offers so far, it seems. Nylanderis not a center, he doesn't cut it. And as for those who mention Scheifele - the guy is untouchable in any scenario.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd like to see what evidence you feel is worthy of suggesting Skjei ++ is of equal value to Trouba.

Skjei's rookie season in the NHL shows that he may well be equal to or maybe even better the Trouba.

Im not saying he his better but Skjei has proven to be an immense prospect with a very high ceiling and I believe the hype on Trouba over values him compared to similar players of similar age.

Trouba looked like a top20D this year.

Skates well, moves the puck well, physical, strong defensively, shoots right.
Skjei is the same age as Trouba.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Trouba looked like a top20D this year.

Skates well, moves the puck well, physical, strong defensively, shoots right.
Skjei is the same age as Trouba.

.....and Skjei didnt Skate well, move the puck well, physical, strong defensively?

Only reason he wasn't predominantly top line was due to Vignault's stiff one for Girardi. Skjei is taller and bigger than Trouba and considering he has been playing on his wrong side, shows after the season he had that he is going to be something special.

Like I said I am not saying Skjei is better than Trouba but im saying they are a lot closer that people think.

Skjei especially in the play-offs proved is can hold is own.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Klefbom +

That proposal clearly doesn't fit the Jets needs.

Reilly +

Skjei ++

Klefbom is signed long term at a steal of a cap hit. You have the plus on the wrong side. Especially since Trouba would only be moved if he wanted out and will definitely cost more to sign then Klefbom did. Perhaps even substantially more.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Klefbom is signed long term at a steal of a cap hit. You have the plus on the wrong side. Especially since Trouba would only be moved if he wanted out and will definitely cost more to sign then Klefbom did. Perhaps even substantially more.

Klefbom is inferior to Trouba, and it's not necessarily close.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Klefbom is inferior to Trouba, and it's not necessarily close.

Klefbom was one of the few D-men with a higher WAR than Trouba last year. It was in more games played though, and penalties taken was a big part of his number. Trouba was quite a bit better in the 5v5 totals and has even more upside when you consider his limited PP min. (WAR sees a lot of value in not taking minor penalties. I’m not entirely sure what to think about that, I’d favor the guys who can impact the game with actual play.)

I'd consider Klefbom as the major piece coming back. I think Trouba is a more impactful player overall, especially when you consider that Klefbom probably doesn't replicate quite the same penalties numbers here.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Puljijarvi + Nurse for Trouba + Lowry

Gives Winnipeg perhaps the best winger depth in the NHL and a LD with top 4 potential.

Edmonton gets their 3rd line center and one of the best Top 4 in the NHL moving forward.

If we had to move him, I'd be happy with this kind of return.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I'd start here. It's the Wins Above Replacement for to top D-Men from every team. This is a running total and Trouba had the third highest WAR in the NHL in spite of only playing 59 games due to his holdout.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2346779

If you are going by this then you believe that Klefbom > Trouba > Karlsson, Hedman, Weber, OEL, Subban etc etc etc

Can you see where I'm going with this?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Nurse is awful, I would be pretty upset if that was the return for Trouba.

Is he that bad? I haven't watched him enough to form a strong a opinion. The main piece to me is PoolParty. Putting him with Laine and Scheif would be a dream. That being said, we do need goaltending and D 10X more than we need more forwards.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The ONLY reason they have to trade him is if he wants out.

Given that Buff seems to have taken a step back, and Myers is a walking bandaid, the #1Right D spot seems to be his.

The issue is, they just paid $7.6 million for Buff. And Trouba's camp will be saying that Trouba is better AND they get all his prime years in a long term deal.

Try and sign him for 7 years and you have him locked up for his 24-30 year old seasons. Then move on when he is 31 and let someone else overpay for the 31-37 years.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
After reading this thread, I think the best outcome for all non-Jets fans would be that nobody trades for him and he walks for nothing in three years.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Murray + pick/prospect for Trouba?

Columbus is weak at RHD after Jones and Savard, and Murray would solidify Winnipeg's left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad