Value of: Jacob Trouba

Jets92

Oct 15, 2016
If he is still wanting out of Winnipeg. What would be a realistic asking price? 33 points in 60 games, only 23 , top pairing capable and still getting better. Also low cap hit and RFA after deal expires.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Offer up your U24 top line center, U24 high end 2D or better, or simply don't bother. We are not interested in dealing Trouba for scraps, as his value is sky high.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We can hold off on these for now. He's the #1RD now and going forward.

Also, for anyone posting trade proposals on this be prepared for some ******* responses, sorry :laugh:

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Offer up your U24 top line center, U24 high end 2D or better, or simply don't bother. We are not interested in dealing Trouba for scraps, as his value is sky high.

Agree. He's a core piece for the Jets.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Puljijarvi + Nurse for Trouba + Lowry

Gives Winnipeg perhaps the best winger depth in the NHL and a LD with top 4 potential.

Edmonton gets their 3rd line center and one of the best Top 4 in the NHL moving forward.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nevermind. I don't think he's worth what it would cost to acquire in a trade, nor do I think he's worth the contract he thinks he deserves.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Not a lot of teams have a U24 top line center that would be available for trade. Why? Because who in their right mind gives up a top line U24 player? Johansen for Jones trades don't happen every day or all that often at all.

That trade really only happened because the GM just didn't seem to like Johansen at all.

Trouba in this case, wants an exorbitant amount that he has not earned yet but has the potential to earn, he's got 1yr left and then he's RFA and a team will likely go through that dance again, at most he's a 5-6m/yr guy if he hits his potential, but supposedly he wants 6-7+..that's ridiculous.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agree. He's a core piece for the Jets.

His value was only magnified this season because Myers was out. Trouba is a big part or their defense for sure but when Myers is healthy and not dealing with some personal thing, it's Myers, Byfuglien, Enstrom and Trouba.

Also, weren't they using him on his wrong side which he wasn't happy about and when Myers was out and he finally signed, he was back to being RD.

So really, why are they moving him if he's a core player? Moving him for a forward weakens the defense, what would be the point?

Preds were able to give up Jones because they are just that deep on defense. Jet are not that deep on defense. Enstrom is in his final year, Byfuglien is the only one signed to a few years past this next season. Even Myers has 1 more year left after next season.

So I'm curious, why would you move someone you really need considering that if there are no other issues that are not being mentioned? To me it seems like he's a guy you keep.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
His value was only magnified this season because Myers was out. Trouba is a big part or their defense for sure but when Myers is healthy and not dealing with some personal thing, it's Myers, Byfuglien, Enstrom and Trouba.

Also, weren't they using him on his wrong side which he wasn't happy about and when Myers was out and he finally signed, he was back to being RD.

So really, why are they moving him if he's a core player? Moving him for a forward weakens the defense, what would be the point?

Preds were able to give up Jones because they are just that deep on defense. Jet are not that deep on defense. Enstrom is in his final year, Byfuglien is the only one signed to a few years past this next season. Even Myers has 1 more year left after next season.

So I'm curious, why would you move someone you really need considering that if there are no other issues that are not being mentioned? To me it seems like he's a guy you keep.

I don't think the team or the fans would want to move him for anything at this point. He's too valuable to our team. Morrisey has also locked up a spot with Trouba on the top pair. Myers and Enstrom will be fighting over who plays with Buff and who carries the 3rd pairing.

Trouba only played a few shifts at LD and got the PP time he has been waiting for. Most importantly the anchor named Mark Stuart was removed from the equation.

If Myers hadn't missed the vast majority of last season I think the Jets results and our thoughts of what the D is would be a bit better.

Either Tyler or Toby on our 3rd pair would be MASSIVE improvement to what has been there. And they would elevate the play of the D they are working with.

So in answer to the OP it's an over pay or nothing (which isn't good for the other team so no real point).

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg

Gives Winnipeg perhaps the best winger depth in the NHL and a LD with top 4 potential.

Edmonton gets their 3rd line center and one of the best Top 4 in the NHL moving forward.

That's not a bad proposal.

That's some very sound reasoning.Perhaps this is why Chevy is in no hurry to deal him.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014

Not really interested in Nurse at all and the Jets need D way more than wingers.

ceci++

or

Chabot + modifications

not likely to happen but from a sens pov.

You're probably right, but I'm far more interested in Chabot than Ceci.

I'm confident that the Jets want Trouba signed, not traded. If he is traded, it's because he won't sign.

Sounds like he's happy again. Don't think Trouba's going anywhere.

There you go selling dreams again, Don Draper. I really hope this one comes true.

Nevermind. I don't think he's worth what it would cost to acquire in a trade, nor do I think he's worth the contract he thinks he deserves.

I think it should be noted that, according to the official story, Trouba never turned down a contract offer at all, let alone turned one down because it was too low. Overhardt's story is that the Jets were not given an opportunity to make an offer at all, then, of course, he signed.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Deal him to the Oilers for Puljujarvi + Benning. Trade Scheifele to Carolina for Aho +. Unite the legendary Laine/Aho/Puljujarvi line and win everything.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Jets should keep Trouba as he fits the age group of the younger half of the core... I would say offer up the #13 pick to teams such as Minnesota and Anaheim to see if they're willing to trade one of their LHD before the expansion draft; but are the Jets in trouble protecting their own D in the expansion draft? Looks like Buff, Enstrom, and Stuart all have NMC/NTC

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Jets should keep Trouba as he fits the age group of the younger half of the core... I would say offer up the #13 pick to teams such as Minnesota and Anaheim to see if they're willing to trade one of their LHD before the expansion draft; but are the Jets in trouble protecting their own D in the expansion draft? Looks like Buff, Enstrom, and Stuart all have NMC/NTC

Stuart does not need to be protected, according to the list Chris Johnston got from the league.

In any case, he'd be bought out if he did.

I'm thinking Matthews is the only guy that gets a Trouba deal done from Toronto where I'm sitting.

Silly notion.

Matthews isn't available.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'm thinking Matthews is the only guy that gets a Trouba deal done from Toronto where I'm sitting.

To be honest, I wouldn't trade Matthews, Marner or Nylander straight up for Trouba, all three can drive their lines. Trouba would a nice add-on for the Leafs but not needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad