Prospect Info: Jacob De La Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Do you work for RDS? Besides Gelinas' parents they're the only ones who love him enough to do something like this.

Jagr had almost 70 pts last year, and say what you want about Gelinas but he's a solid defensemen. The Habs would be a better team if they pulled off the trade I suggested.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As a Devils fan I'd take this and run...bad value for MTL. We get the better F long term in DLR and NB is better than Gelinas.

if the Habs want a legit shot at the cup this year, they need to find a way to score more. Jagr would help and Beaulieu has done nothing to show he's better then Gelinas.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Jagr had almost 70 pts last year, and say what you want about Gelinas but he's a solid defensemen. The Habs would be a better team if they pulled off the trade I suggested.

No they wouldn't. Beaulieu is better than Gelinas and is improving every day with a lot of upside. And Jagr for a couple months at the expense of losing DLR is awful.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
if the Habs want a legit shot at the cup this year, they need to find a way to score more. Jagr would help and Beaulieu has done nothing to show he's better then Gelinas.

Fair enough, if you want to win the Cup that badly it's fine with me.

I like Gelinas and he had a wicked shot. He just needs A LOT of work in his own zone on D. Beaulieu just seems to have higher overall upside. Even if he's not better now, it's at least a wash and I'd look at the deal as getting DLR for a few months of Jagr. Just fine by me.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

I like Gelinas and he had a wicked shot. He just needs A LOT of work in his own zone on D. Beaulieu just seems to have higher overall upside. Even if he's not better now, it's at least a wash and I'd look at the deal as getting DLR for a few months of Jagr. Just fine by me.

Subban and Gonchar both have better shots than Gelinas so who really cares about his shot. Beaulieu is the better hockey player all around and is just starting to come into his own. He has top pairing upside, while Gelinas quite simply does not.

PricePkPatch*

DLR straight up for Gelina and Jagr?

You have to tell yourself. Where do you think Gelinas would fit in our depth chart? Better than Emelin? Better than Gonchar?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Subban and Gonchar both have better shots than Gelinas so who really cares about his shot. Beaulieu is the better hockey player all around and is just starting to come into his own. He has top pairing upside, while Gelinas quite simply does not.

Didn't I say right in my post that Beaulieu is the superior player and has more upside?

PricePkPatch*

Didn't I say right in my post that Beaulieu is the superior player and has more upside?

Trading off Beaulieu is off the table.

he is now part of our top-4, and that's final.

Discussion would be DLR for Jagr+, or no deal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No they wouldn't. Beaulieu is better than Gelinas and is improving every day with a lot of upside. And Jagr for a couple months at the expense of losing DLR is awful.

of course they would, Jagr would improve our offense no question. Gelinas can produce more offense then Beaulieu. Losing DLR would suck but it's time to win now. Plus nothing says that Jagr wouldn't re-sign to play with Pleks.

It's been since 1993 when I last saw the Habs win the cup, as much as I like DLR I would go for it. Beaulieu has never impressed me, he's playing his best hockey but is also poor in his own end and hasn't been able to produce much offense at all.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
montreal;95091247[B said:
]of course they would, Jagr would improve our offense no question.[/B] Gelinas can produce more offense then Beaulieu. Losing DLR would suck but it's time to win now. Plus nothing says that Jagr wouldn't re-sign to play with Pleks.

It's been since 1993 when I last saw the Habs win the cup, as much as I like DLR I would go for it. Beaulieu has never impressed me, he's playing his best hockey but is also poor in his own end and hasn't been able to produce much offense at all.

I highly doubt that especially as we get closer to the end of the season hes on pace for a 45-50 pts season and will not keep the pace in the PO. I have no ****ing clue why some of you are ready to trade big assets for him.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I don't disagree on the value of a player with his skillset, I'm just not used to hearing a 3rd liner considered blue chip.

What are MTL's needs?

Some fans seem to want Jagr, some don't. I know that the Devils' fans want a 2nd and a prospect for Jaromir. If there is interest, what about

NJD: de la Rose
MTL: Jagr, Gelinas

no way but I wouldn't mind if the Habs added to the deal to get both. Something like,

NJ- DLR, Beaulieu

Habs- Gelinas, Jagr

I never asked for Beaulieu.

Lmao, so the Devils fan asks about a Gelinas+Jagr for JDLR swap, Habs fan pretty much rejects then counters with JDLR+Beaulieu for Jagr+Gelinas.
Wow lol.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
you're high if you think Bergevin is giving up JDR for Jagr. Habs could've signed Jagr numerous times and didn't

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
DLR > Jagr
Beaulieu > Gelinas

Jagr > DLR
Gelinas >Beaulieu

you're high if you think Bergevin is giving up JDR for Jagr. Habs could've signed Jagr numerous times and didn't

Was Bergevin high when he gave up Collberg and a 2nd for Vanek? Jagr had more points last year then anyone on the Habs. This year he leads his team in assists and points. You gota give up assets to get something, if the Habs want to win a cup, they are going to need to improve the offense especially the PP.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Jagr > DLR
Gelinas >Beaulieu

Was Bergevin high when he gave up Collberg and a 2nd for Vanek? Jagr had more points last year then anyone on the Habs. This year he leads his team in assists and points. You gota give up assets to get something, if the Habs want to win a cup, they are going to need to improve the offense especially the PP.

He is 42 years old

Vanek had a legitimate chance of resigning here in the summer.

PricePkPatch*

Jagr > DLR
Gelinas >Beaulieu

Development and need-wise, DLR is a much better prospect than Collberg at the moment.

What you have to understand if we ever trade away De La Rose:

1- We are not getting a rental or an old guy as the core exchange piece. We want a solid roster player, even if he is middle-6 or bottom-4.
2- We may want to get a rental or an old guy in return (Jagr, for example), but that's only as a sweetener.
3- If we take big salary, the trade partner has to be willing to take on salary themselves.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Jagr > DLR
Gelinas >Beaulieu

Jesus, if you want Jagr that badly, send the Devils a 2nd + Thomas or something & be done with it, Gelinas doesn't bring anything to the table that Beaulieu doesn't & Beau has a higher ceiling. Life after Markov, we need someone to step into that top 2 role, could be Beau, could be Tin, Beau's already playing top 4 here, absolutely 0 reason to move him.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Jesus, if you want Jagr that badly, send the Devils a 2nd + Thomas or something & be done with it, Gelinas doesn't bring anything to the table that Beaulieu doesn't & Beau has a higher ceiling. Life after Markov, we need someone to step into that top 2 role, could be Beau, could be Tin, Beau's already playing top 4 here, absolutely 0 reason to move him.

A 2nd is quite a high price, but it would the highest I would go... but I also dont think having jagr eat up minutes is good at this point.

PricePkPatch*

Who wanted to trade away beaulieu?!

I thought the deal was something like Gelina (roster player) + Jagr (rental) for one of our best prospect. Which is a pretty good offer, all things considered. You have to ask where Gelina fits on our depth chart. If you think he could replace Gonchar on the 2nd pairing, then I'd go for it in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA