Prospect Info: Jacob De La Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
What's his value in the landscape of Montreal prospects? If he's no more than a bottom6 player (albeit a potentially good one), why is he listed as one of the team's better prospects?

As a Devils fan, he's someone I wanted the team to draft and was just wondering what the expected return would be.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
What's his value in the landscape of Montreal prospects? If he's no more than a bottom6 player (albeit a potentially good one), why is he listed as one of the team's better prospects?

As a Devils fan, he's someone I wanted the team to draft and was just wondering what the expected return would be.

he's highly valued on these boards. doubt there's a possibility there unless the devils over pay

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Check this thread for some info on him,

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1799303

He's one of the Habs top 5 prospects imo. I see him as a future 3rd line C that excels on the PK and in the defensive zone. He plays the game well and has good physical traits (size/skating/speed) I don't see him being traded.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC

DLR is THE 3rd line center. He has an offensive upside but he's just perfect at doing that and already shows how mature and good he is at it. I mean, if he blooms offensively and becomes a top line center, even better! But he's already got that 3rd line center mold. Think of Paul Gaustad during his good years.

As for trading, he's a blue chip player for the habs so I doubt he's getting traded unless blue chip value comes back.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't disagree on the value of a player with his skillset, I'm just not used to hearing a 3rd liner considered blue chip.

What are MTL's needs?

Some fans seem to want Jagr, some don't. I know that the Devils' fans want a 2nd and a prospect for Jaromir. If there is interest, what about

NJD: de la Rose
MTL: Jagr, Gelinas

Last edited:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't disagree on the value of a player with his skillset, I'm just not used to hearing a 3rd liner considered blue chip.

What are MTL's needs?

Some fans seem to want Jagr, some don't. I know that the Devils' fans want a 2nd and a prospect for Jaromir. If there is interest, what about

I'd do that move. Montreal has Eller as a strong 3rd line center and McCarron has worked on his defensive game. Jagr would help Montreal and I'm a believer in Gelinas. Not sure NJ would do that deal though.

Overall I'd say Montreal needs a scoring winger with size or a youngish top-4 D-man. In terms of prospects, the Habs don't have any real holes there except for perhaps some younger D-men with higher ceilings than their current 2012-14 group.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
MT favorite son, one of the last cuts.

Most likely a Habs next season on the 4th line.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would trade De la rose for one of the highly touted devils defensive prospect in a heart beat!
Any of
Severson
Merrill
Santini
Larsson

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I would trade De la rose for one of the highly touted devils defensive prospect in a heart beat!
Any of
Severson
Merrill
Santini
Larsson

Those are the four we want to hold onto and why Gelinas could be expendable. If one of those four get moved it's going to have to be for a young forward who is expected to play top6 and score a lot. DLR is a nice player to have but he seems to be more of a defensive type - certainly valuable , but NJD has bigger needs.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I'd do that move. Montreal has Eller as a strong 3rd line center and McCarron has worked on his defensive game. Jagr would help Montreal and I'm a believer in Gelinas. Not sure NJ would do that deal though.

Overall I'd say Montreal needs a scoring winger with size or a youngish top-4 D-man. In terms of prospects, the Habs don't have any real holes there except for perhaps some younger D-men with higher ceilings than their current 2012-14 group.

Gelinas is talented for sure, he's just expendable with the 4 D ahead if him. If the return for Jagr is a 2nd and an average prospect, I'd rather add Gelinas to add a potential middle6 two way forward. DLR is better than any average prospect we'd get back and likely better than whatever the 2nd pick becomes. I'd prefer quality over quantity.

The team might want a 3rd thrown in in MTL's side...would that be too much?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Gelinas is talented for sure, he's just expendable with the 4 D ahead if him. If the return for Jagr is a 2nd and an average prospect, I'd rather add Gelinas to add a potential middle6 two way forward. DLR is better than any average prospect we'd get back and likely better than whatever the 2nd pick becomes. I'd prefer quality over quantity.

The team might want a 3rd thrown in in MTL's side...would that be too much?

I'd do it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

What are MTL's needs?

I like Gelinas and would be all for a line of Sekac Pleks Jagr but that's an overpayment on NJ's part.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I think the biggest reasons that he is ranked so highly for Montreal is because he is as safe of a prospect to make the NHL as any. Secondly, he fits a need for the club.

You'll have to pay more than his worth to get him out of Montreal.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think the biggest reasons that he is ranked so highly for Montreal is because he is as safe of a prospect to make the NHL as any. Secondly, he fits a need for the club.

You'll have to pay more than his worth to get him out of Montreal.

He definitely fits the mantra of the new Montreal Canadiens. Size, heaviness, speed, skill and defensive responsibility down the middle. Think about going from Gomez, Koivu, Desharnais etc to:

Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
De la Rose

:amazed:

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Only way I'd move JDLR is if someone severely overpaid Montreal for him, I don't think Gelinas would be enough of an add to Jagr, much prefer Larsson.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
no way but I wouldn't mind if the Habs added to the deal to get both. Something like,

NJ- DLR, Beaulieu

Habs- Gelinas, Jagr

Do you work for RDS? Besides Gelinas' parents they're the only ones who love him enough to do something like this.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Only way I'd move JDLR is if someone severely overpaid Montreal for him, I don't think Gelinas would be enough of an add to Jagr, much prefer Larsson.

NJD would never trade Larsson 1-1 for DLR, that's not enough value for their end. For Larsson they'd want Nikita which I know MTL wouldn't do.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
no way but I wouldn't mind if the Habs added to the deal to get both. Something like,

NJ- DLR, Beaulieu

Habs- Gelinas, Jagr

As a Devils fan I'd take this and run...bad value for MTL. We get the better F long term in DLR and NB is better than Gelinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille